News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yeah, I saw it in person and I was not impressed. The kites were the only thing remotely memorable, and they weren't all working when I saw it -- which I guess is better than now, when apparently none are working!

They were working last night, but I’ve also heard other nights they haven’t been.

jrhwdw

Is Epcot Forever having more off nights than ROE? I'm not defending EF if there's a growing problem here but shows do have off nights.

Typically any videos before November still had the full pyro in the show, and anything after that has the cut pyro.

You can easily tell by if the pyro launches are launching all at once, or just a few at a time. For example in the Tapestry of Nations part, all the launch points shot pyro to form a “halo” effect around the lagoon, not its barely anything but two parallel rows of pyro. In the finale, each beat usually has two fireworks going off, now just one.

It’s really sad to see the state the show is currently in...

Yes you hit the nail in the head.

The larger shells would be in 2s and 4s instead of 1s and 2s. UOE and WNW feel the cuts the worst. It seems like a sly move, they're cutting where they can get away with it. We need to be vocal in guest satisfaction surveys about this.

Now on holidays the full pyro would be used. NYE shows had the correct amount. Wonder if Fourth of July would too.

Giss Neric

Why are y'all so bothered by this show's inconsistency? It always has been a filler show or opening act to the main one. Just let them squeeze out all the remaining juices left til Harmonious premiers in a few months.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Back July 1st -

"At Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, July 1 marks the start of nightly fireworks performances at Magic Kingdom Park and EPCOT. “Happily Ever After” will transform Cinderella Castle with lights, projections and pyrotechnics, as moments from favorite Disney stories encourage you to grab hold of your dreams and make them come true. And as part of the ongoing transformation of EPCOT, “EPCOT Forever” will produce a spectacle of fireworks, music and lighting effects over World Showcase Lagoon, highlighting the themes of innovation, exploration, imagination and celebration at the core of the park’s past, present and future."

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Please don't flog me for saying this, but I am excited to see any fireworks over the lagoon when I go in August, more so because its the next step forward in gaining normalcy at the parks. I never did see Epcot Forever, but realize I'm not really missing much there based on the reviews here.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Now, for the next question: will they use those parked barges in WSL for EPCOT Forever to plus the show and showcase the Harmonious tech before it premieres, or will it sit in the darkness unused as the show plays overhead?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Back July 1st -

"At Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, July 1 marks the start of nightly fireworks performances at Magic Kingdom Park and EPCOT. “Happily Ever After” will transform Cinderella Castle with lights, projections and pyrotechnics, as moments from favorite Disney stories encourage you to grab hold of your dreams and make them come true. And as part of the ongoing transformation of EPCOT, “EPCOT Forever” will produce a spectacle of fireworks, music and lighting effects over World Showcase Lagoon, highlighting the themes of innovation, exploration, imagination and celebration at the core of the park’s past, present and future."

Is Epcot Forever going to have a special Fourth of July fireworks with the Thunderbirds flying through the stargate?

DCBaker

Premium Member
And as @marni1971 and @peter11435 mentioned in the Harmonious thread, the kites have just been scrubbed from the description -

Before -

"Witness the wonder as the story of Epcot and its next incredible chapter come to life in this new nighttime spectacular. Behold the single “spark of imagination” that started it all. Watch it grow, evolve and transform into an epic nighttime extravaganza that stirs the senses and captures all you love about Epcot—and all that’s to come—with dazzling fireworks, stunning laser effects and choreographed kites set to tunes that have become theme park favorites."

After -

"Witness the wonder as the story of Epcot and its next incredible chapter come to life in this new nighttime spectacular. Behold the single “spark of imagination” that started it all. Watch it grow, evolve and transform into an epic nighttime extravaganza that stirs the senses and captures all you love about Epcot—and all that’s to come—with dazzling fireworks, stunning laser effects set to tunes that have become theme park favorites."

gerarar

Premium Member
Probably given, but in place of kites will be more pyro.
From Reddit:
F5D234D3-D608-4EAA-89C6-4D7D624C8D20.jpeg

UNCgolf

And as @marni1971 and @peter11435 mentioned in the Harmonious thread, the kites have just been scrubbed from the description -

Before -

"Witness the wonder as the story of Epcot and its next incredible chapter come to life in this new nighttime spectacular. Behold the single “spark of imagination” that started it all. Watch it grow, evolve and transform into an epic nighttime extravaganza that stirs the senses and captures all you love about Epcot—and all that’s to come—with dazzling fireworks, stunning laser effects and choreographed kites set to tunes that have become theme park favorites."

After -

"Witness the wonder as the story of Epcot and its next incredible chapter come to life in this new nighttime spectacular. Behold the single “spark of imagination” that started it all. Watch it grow, evolve and transform into an epic nighttime extravaganza that stirs the senses and captures all you love about Epcot—and all that’s to come—with dazzling fireworks, stunning laser effects set to tunes that have become theme park favorites."

What a lazy edit. They just deleted those three words without fixing the rest of the sentence. The comma should be replaced with and so that it would read, "with dazzling fireworks and stunning laser effects".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom