News Wonderful World of Animation nighttime show coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Attachments

• wdww923409283420349823fi.jpg
    wdww923409283420349823fi.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
So, is the image just taking artistic liscence or will they somehow be projecting into the sky a over the theater (like via some sort of smoke/mist screen)?

Kman101

Sounds like it would have been better to replace Fantasmic! but I'm good with it being a projection show too. Are they going to plus it with fireworks? Or just keep straight projections? I guess the latter.

wdwfan22

Why another projection show? Star Wars a galactic spectacular is basically a projection show. The park doesn’t need another one. Movie magic should have just went away and a replacement show for Star Wars should have been done.

spectromagic04

Why another projection show? Star Wars a galactic spectacular is basically a projection show. The park doesn’t need another one. Movie magic should have just went away and a replacement show for Star Wars should have been done.
Because Disney still views Star Wars A Galactic Spectacular a firework shows not a projection show. Internally it’s still called a fireworks show and even they describe it on the website as one when it’s clearly not anymore.

jrhwdw

Because Disney still views Star Wars A Galactic Spectacular a firework shows not a projection show. Internally it’s still called a fireworks show and even they describe it on the website as one when it’s clearly not anymore.
SW AGS still has low pyro.

I'm grateful for the new show but i'm a little suprised they're not up grading SW AGS or doing a new SW Spectacular in honor of SW GE.

jrhwdw

The "galactic snooze spectacular," as you put it, is one of the best received nighttime shows in theme parks.

I'm not a fan personally, but it is most definitely not a snooze spectacular.
Really??? Even with AGS going to mostly low pyro? I know they're trying with the low pyro but we all know what it was. Is it close to HEA/ROE?

jrhwdw

They really need to dump the Star Wars show when Galaxy's Edge opens. It wouldn't make sense to have such an immersive land and then have a movie clip show at night.

Instead of a projection show, this animation show should have been the new fireworks spectacular for DHS.
DHS should bring back the NYE 2015 show! It was everything DHS! Too bad it only played one night while everyone was screaming Happy New Year!

Last edited:

Kman101

Sounds like this could be good. Let's hope it is. It does sound promising at the moment, for what it is. Agreed on wishing this were the new fireworks spectacular. I liked Galactic Spectacular but that was before the fireworks change. It's a good show but I can't see it being anywhere near the top but people love Star Wars even if some think there's fatigue (which there slightly is but not to the extent some think IMO; Star Wars as a franchise was popular before the new sets of movies and will continue to be just as popular no matter how divided the fanbase is)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom