News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

The Pho

Back onto the topic of the SSE refurb, I was just listening to a podcast about EPCOT's music over the years and one of the hosts brought up a great idea. What if we could select who narrates our journey through time via the touchscreen? It would work similar to how we select our language at the beginning.
This has been discussed before, quite a few pages back. Ultimately it’s what I’m hoping for most out of a refurb. Let us listen to all of the old narrations, give us Imagineering commentary, then let us choose between various new voices for the new script. I think it’s the best way to honor the park’s history with all the changes going on.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
This has been discussed before, quite a few pages back. Ultimately it’s what I’m hoping for most out of a refurb. Let us listen to all of the old narrations, give us Imagineering commentary, then let us choose between various new voices for the new script. I think it’s the best way to honor the park’s history with all the changes going on.
There's always this beast lurking in the background waiting to pounce on such expansive ideas : budgetary constraints.

The Pho

There's always this beast lurking in the background waiting to pounce on such expansive ideas : budgetary constraints.
I think of this as not so much an expansive idea. Sure it changes the ride significantly, but only by allowing guests to experience previous audio that they already have primarily. And they already have the screens as well. I think it’d be a small portion of the budget for a significant ride experience upgrade.

UNCgolf

Back onto the topic of the SSE refurb, I was just listening to a podcast about EPCOT's music over the years and one of the hosts brought up a great idea. What if we could select who narrates our journey through time via the touchscreen? It would work similar to how we select our language at the beginning.

I think the biggest issue with this idea (even though I'd love it) is that the older narrations wouldn't always match up with the ride. Some of the scenes have been changed and of course the ending is different.

The Pho

I think the biggest issue with this idea (even though I'd love it) is that the older narrations wouldn't always match up with the ride. Some of the scenes have been changed and of course the ending is different.
Ya it wouldn’t be perfect, so perhaps having them front and center wouldn’t work. Could always be a hidden menu like Rip Ride Rocket has to get the other audios.
I think the type of people that would choose the older narrations would also be the type to be fine with it not lining up perfectly.

Dragonman

What an injustice that the worst version of the ride is going to end up being the one that stuck around the longest.
Let’s see here shall we lol

82-86: 3

86-94: 8

94-2007: 13

2007-20??: going on 13 years now but given circumstances I have no doubt it’ll end up being more than the last update.

montyz81

The refurb concept art never had any touchscreens in it. But then again, this is just a drawing, so who knows.
1608665451940.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom