News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

Homemade Imagineering

Indeed, @marni1971 has intimated it's an operational time bomb. If it doesn't get some sore of major refurb, it will wind up broken and just closed.
Idk if it’s been mentioned before, but does imagination’s track fit this bill as well, since it does have problems, and has been a victim to multiple breakdowns recently, with cars even bumping into each other? If so, I’d assume they’d just leave it closed and it would meet Stitch’s fate of abandonment.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Idk if it’s been mentioned before, but does imagination’s track fit this bill as well, since it does have problems, and has been a victim to multiple breakdowns recently, with cars even bumping into each other? If so, I’d assume they’d just leave it closed and it would meet Stitch’s fate of abandonment.

I've heard more of TTA's operational breakdowns than Figments. So... IDK. But I would guess that if Figment was in the same operational mess as SSE, then it would have been one of the announced projects for the 50th, and it wasn't. All insiders have agreed that anything Figment has always been at least 5 years away.

Surferboy567

I've heard more of TTA's operational breakdowns than Figments. So... IDK. But I would guess that if Figment was in the same operational mess as SSE, then it would have been one of the announced projects for the 50th, and it wasn't. All insiders have agreed that anything Figment has always been at least 5 years away.

One little operational problem at Imagination that made me laugh was in the eye room when “One Little Spark” is played the music doesn’t play and it is just awkward silence. Yet the words are still on the screen.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Cancelled. Not in the Epcot experience today.
Can you expand on this? I'm a very simple person, and I am not following.
"As it turns out, our hunch was correct and Disney has CUT two significant projects from the EPCOT Experience video that previews upcoming projects for the park. As you can see in the video below from The Schmoofs YouTube channel, the Spaceship Earth AND Mary Poppins segments were cut from the video. The. video only shows the transitions, but you can compare the segments to see the cuts. The removal of the segments likely hints at significant changes or a complete abandoning of the previously announced projects."

As has been said, Spaceship is probably going to happen. They cannot leave it in it’s current state as @marni1971 has said.
I can’t see how it can be canceled outright. Delayed and dialed back? Sure.

Sorry I’m late to this. Our Florida trip was just Cancelled for this year (well, the flights were pulled) so it’s been a bit hectic.

Blog Mickey jumped to conclusions. Yes, the odyssey display was purposely changed. This is because the park overhaul - and the timeline - is being re evaluated and will change. SSE will have a refurb, just not yet. To what extent is still being decided upon.

The refurb is not cancelled. Just postponed and like other things may have a change of direction.

ToTBellHop

Sorry I’m late to this. Our Florida trip was just Cancelled for this year (well, the flights were pulled) so it’s been a bit hectic.

Blog Mickey jumped to conclusions. Yes, the odyssey display was purposely changed. This is because the park overhaul - and the timeline - is being re evaluated and will change. SSE will have a refurb, just not yet. To what extent is still being decided upon.

The refurb is not cancelled. Just postponed and like other things may have a change of direction.
I’ve heard Mary Poppins, on the other hand, is canceled. You?

Crazydisneyfanluke

I wouldn't mind them upgrading the track and cars. Maybe change a few bulbs.

Mainahman

I dont think from that video the festival center is going to happen. Moana seems a if maybe, lots going to change here. I Just hope they dont pave my Paradise and make it a parking lot...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom