News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Inspired Figment

Yeeah, the age argument is extremely weak as there are plenty here & in other places that are in their early-mid 20s (myself included) or slightly younger that genuinely love, get, and are passionate about the values & spirit EPCOT (and WDI in general) held & showcased in the past, aswell as the quality of the attractions from the parks past thanks to plenty of online documentation, recorded ride thrus, etc, despite not being born in that time period.

The truth of the matter is, it all comes down to upper management and the way they market certain aspects of the company, take advantage of the simply unknowing or folks’ general nostalgia of the brand overall & good word of mouth & legacy of their past quality & legacy. And while yes, you can put part of the blame on the fact guests keep paying.. It still ultimately falls on upper management’s lack of care.. thankfully though, now there are a lot more people I think that are becoming more & more aware of the way the company is not honoring their golden values, etc. and are supporting the competition more & more instead. Despite the competitors not being perfect.. they’re doing a better job at upholding their standards & improving upon them than Disney is atm.

Last edited:

rreading

Now that the monstrousness of these things is so evident, is there any chance at all that those in charge might revisit the possibility of moving them in the daytime, or is that simply not doable at this point? While the show itself might well be spectacular, the visual damage done to the lagoon the rest of the time is simply unpardonable, especially with the fountains turned on. This Pixie Duster is horrified.
I could accept something non-descript or something which were appealing, even attractive. However, these things look like no one tried to make them look anything but industrial. There are TVs for consumer use which have mirror finishes which come in frames to hide in plain sight.

Clearly they are attempting to do so with their fountains, but the giant objects would be easier to hide were they less obvious

Captain Barbossa

That is hilarious! There is a noticeable gap in age here considering that millennials are born between 1981 to about 1996/7ish. At least I can speak for myself as a millennial by saying that I hope the new show is great and if I could have things my way, it would be without IPs. But I digress, and totally okay with learning to agree to disagree.
Yeah, I wasn’t referencing age being the thing that’s not much of a difference......

Vinnie Mac

I have mixed up Millenials and Generation Z.

Millennials grew up (if we generously apply that term...) on Mermaid, BatB, Lion King. They have kids and a house and Apple products. Some going on forty, born as they are between 1981 and 1996.

Gen Z grew up on Frozen and populate TikTok, and have a brain hardwired by flash content to a maximum six second attention span. They are dumb beyond measure but then manage to make six figure sums from publicly displaying their stupidity. Born from 1996.

It's not all bad. One can equally well argue that I'm slow and need more than six seconds to understand anything because that's how impulses worked during my formative years. 🤓
I think your ignorance is put on display for everyone to see here. Most Gen Z grew up on things that came before 2010 and anything up to 2015-16 (and this is honestly pushing the timeline a bit further than it should e pushed). Most TikTok users I see now are usually older people, so millennials or even Gen X or Baby Boomers.

I just love how you're calling any entire generation dumb while also basing your judgement of millions (maybe even billions?) of people based off of a few social media influencers. Definitely no hypocrisy there. ;)

TTA94

So, from the concept art and EE videos, it looked like those arms would be a beautiful bright and shining gold with light beams bursting out. In this video the arms are barely noticeable! Why have them if you don't see them. :/

Exactly. I don’t know what happened to that. In the video preview you can hardly notice the lighting, and I thought it would be way more noticeable. I just hope Disney was not showing off all the effects in that video.

Figments Friend

WDI once again proves they don't know how water works:

Wow...just ......

Unbelievable.

😳

As in, unbelievably bad in so many ways.

It does not matter how 'spectacular' this show may be at night time....
THIS right here is completely unacceptable for daytime hours.

Just unbelievable.

This nonsense *****s me off...
'Mistake on the Lake' ' indeed.
@#**%^*!!!
😡

-

EeyoreFan#24

If that’s close the final product, I think it’s makes them more noticeable of how ugly they are sitting there. I give them until the opening, but it’s getting close.

Figments Friend

I am aware that this may just be a 'test phase' to get the juices flowing correctly before turning up the water pressure, but....

How anyone thought this was a good idea is a bit perplexing.

-

Inspired Figment

I am aware that this may just be a 'test phase' to get the juices flowing correctly before turning up the water pressure, but....

How anyone thought this was a good idea is a bit perplexing.

-
Well.. I mean I get the logic behind doing it.. at the same time though, it doesn’t solve the problem with the design & focus of the show.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Showtimes for Harmonious are up on the calendar -

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 4.17.26 PM.png

Sir_Cliff

Its 15 mins before park closing?
True, not spectacular, but at least that gives you an option to get in line for something up to 15 minutes into the show which could mean an extra ride. It's not an extra hour, but at least it means you can still enjoy attractions while the show is going on which is something. With the length of some of the queues, I imagine this is more or less calculated so that people are still waiting and riding attractions too long after the show finishes.

SplashJacket

I wonder if having Harmonious begin 15 minutes before park closing is a strategic way to limit the number of people viewing it. It seems the show will have much more limited viewing angles due to the screens and other factors, so they could just be doing this to draw people away from it by providing alternatives.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom