News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

MrPromey

Ah I didn't know they do projection only shows. Have never seen HEA with projections, only from behind the castle, which had none. At Disneyland I rarely ever end up seeing the fireworks from the front castle view, it's way too much hassle when you can watch it anywhere else in the park without issue.

I personally don't care for projections, it's silly they are such a major part of these shows now.

Even Disneyland turns main street into one big screen, which IMO is more silly than anything.

The projection only-shows were earlier on. I think it was something they kind of considered an experiment at the time.

With HEA, it became a major component of the main and only show.

As I'm sure you've realized, the reason you didn't see them on your visit was because you weren't on the right side of the castle.

If any of the pacing seemed off about the fireworks, that's likely why, too, because you were missing that sweet, sweet projection action that turned the fireworks in the MK into a limited viewing area event. :/

Last edited:

Vinnie Mac

Will be interesting to see which new show will be more popular, Harmonious or Enchantment?
Was really wondering this. Aside from all the controversy about the show, I'm also curious about how popular they will be. For Disney fans, I think Harm will be discussed more. But I feel like for the casual guest, Disney Enchantment might be slightly more popular because of it just being at the Magic Kingdom and all. What do you think?

Notes from Neverland

Was really wondering this. Aside from all the controversy about the show, I'm also curious about how popular they will be. For Disney fans, I think Harm will be discussed more. But I feel like for the casual guest, Disney Enchantment might be slightly more popular because of it just being at the Magic Kingdom and all. What do you think?
That's a good question. There's also a decent chance that the content of the shows will be too similar, making the two blend together in the mind of the guest. Should they see the show with the Disney princesses in Magic Kingdom or Epcot?

I'm always baffled when Disney makes decisions like these as they seem to forget that unique elements draw guests in. Why make every castle look the same? Why make two fireworks shows that likely lean heavily on the same characters and themes?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
HEA has a story?
Yes.

techgeek

Yes.

This reaffirms my (admittedly snarky) point. HEA is less of a story and more a ''montage of montages" arranged in the predictable linear progression of a meta fairy tale that can't commit to the weighty moral narrative found in the real deal. The soundtrack skips around like mad, covering as much ground as possible and never allowing the voice to develop. It relies heavily on the projections to keep it from spinning off into incoherence, which is a feeling you fight if you wind up watching it the first time from a location that can't view the front of the castle.

Harm at least seems like it strives for a greater story, but man those act names sure are hard-core cribbing from the recently deceased:

Gather
Celebrate
Unite

...We're gathered here tonight around the fire as people of all lands have gathered for thousands and thousands of years before us... to share the light... and to share a story. An amazing story as old as time itself, but still being written. And though each of us has our own individual stories to tell, a true adventure emerges when we bring them all together as one.

Vinnie Mac

Harm at least seems like it strives for a greater story, but man those act names sure are hard-core cribbing from the recently deceased:

Gather
Celebrate
Unite

...We're gathered here tonight around the fire as people of all lands have gathered for thousands and thousands of years before us... to share the light... and to share a story. An amazing story as old as time itself, but still being written. And though each of us has our own individual stories to tell, a true adventure emerges when we bring them all together as one.
You have to keep in mind that this was quite literally supposed to be an Illuminations update. "Illuminations: Windows on the World" was a former name for HarmonioUS. I'm pleased but not at all surprised that it'l follow the structure of ROE considering the fact that it was supposed to be Illuminations anyway.

techgeek

You have to keep in mind that this was quite literally supposed to be an Illuminations update. "Illuminations: Windows on the World" was a former name for HarmonioUS. I'm pleased but not at all surprised that it'l follow the structure of ROE considering the fact that it was supposed to be Illuminations anyway.

On one hand, I appreciate the connection.

On the other, if it's as obvious a connection as it seems like it's going to be, it will make it that much harder for me to make peace with the loss of RoE. For instance, if they went so far as to quote a musical phrase or motif from the RoE soundtrack at some point, would I consider that a respectful nod ... or blasphemous? I'm not sure. It's hallowed ground they tread on here for many of us...

Inspired Figment

I also very much appreciate it’s following a structure reminiscent to ROE. The only problem though is the ‘focus’ of the new Harmonious. That being the film characters & stories not the real-world countries & their people & culture. It would’ve been fine had the real stuff still been the focus and the fictional characters were simply used as a way to ‘compliment’ ‘those’ rather than ‘their own ‘songs/stories dubbed in different languages. But yeah..

Vinnie Mac

I also very much appreciate it’s following a structure reminiscent to ROE. The only problem though is the ‘focus’ of the new Harmonious. That being the film characters & stories not the real-world countries & their people & culture. It would’ve been fine had the real stuff still been the focus and the fictional characters were simply used as a way to ‘compliment’ ‘those’ rather than ‘their own ‘songs/stories dubbed in different languages. But yeah..
I ain't gonna disagree with you. I personally don't mind IP if used appropriately but I don't disagree with ya. Guess we'll all see what happens come October.

LittleBuford

Now that the monstrousness of these things is so evident, is there any chance at all that those in charge might revisit the possibility of moving them in the daytime, or is that simply not doable at this point? While the show itself might well be spectacular, the visual damage done to the lagoon the rest of the time is simply unpardonable, especially with the fountains turned on. This Pixie Duster is horrified.

Disney Analyst

Now that the monstrousness of these things is so evident, is there any chance at all that those in charge might revisit the possibility of moving them in the daytime, or is that simply not doable at this point? While the show itself might well be spectacular, the visual damage done to the lagoon the rest of the time is simply unpardonable, especially with the fountains turned on. This Pixie Duster is horrified.

Im normally pretty chill about things also…. It’s really just bad. They can do far better - despite how gorgeous the show may be.

IMDREW

So, from the concept art and EE videos, it looked like those arms would be a beautiful bright and shining gold with light beams bursting out. In this video the arms are barely noticeable! Why have them if you don't see them. :/

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

They are anchored in place. Sadly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom