News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Someone heard Arabian Nights during a test lol. Something else to but I forgot.

So far my guesses are:

-Arabian Nights (Aladdin)
-Reflections (Mulan)
-? (Coco)
-Let It Go/Into The Unknown (Frozen)
-How Far Ill Go/Go The Distance (Moana, Hercules) (Confirmed by what we’ve heard)
Yep in the 4min mark one can hear Arabian Nights vocals followed by instrumental and it seems some of the fireworks match.

TTA94

🤣 I just looked at Disney’s posting for Harmonious on the official site and they said in big letters “A Musical Tour-de-Force”. They must have seen the comments from @marni1971 Lol. Except he said Technical not Musical lol. I’m sure it’ll be both but I thought it was funny.

jpinkc

I hate to say this but I looked at that and thought it was pretty MEH, but I felt that about the Water thing at Universal, color me unimpressed by it. Is this gonna be more of the same shtick?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Musical tour de farce? Sorry, wrong thing. 😉

This kind of reminds me of a Statler and Waldorf bit from Muppetvision:

“They’re trying to drown us! What kind of act is that?”

“An act of mercy”

“Doh ho ho ho!!!”

Inspired Figment

So far my guesses are:

-Reflections (Mulan)
-? (Coco)
-How Far Ill Go/Go The Distance (Moana, Hercules) (Confirmed by what we’ve heard)
The sad part is, those songs are all fantastic.. aswell as the movies they come from. But it’ll forever baffle me that they wouldn’t just get the incredible talent that wrote & performed those songs to produce brand new, original content that’s distinctly EPCOT. I get ‘why’ that isn’t happening (narrow minded upper management).. but at the same time, it’s like.. even if they are looking towards their financially successful films for creative inspiration, seems they really lack the knowledge of ‘what’ exact qualities made those movies so successful to begin with in order to implement those same qualities into new EPCOT content that’d make the same impact.

Cliff

Uggg. So far,...the hardware on that lake is tall, wide and ugly. Even a junior Imagineer on their first day on the job would have to admit that.....honestly. It doesnt take an experienced Imagineer to notice it.

I'm trying to be as positive as I possibly can be about this show. I'm trying to look away and ignore everything I have seen so far and I desperately don't want to pre-judge it before I see it.

-Reflections (Mulan)
-? (Coco)

However, seeing these movie song titles?.....uggg....just makes my heart sink.......

PB Watermelon

So far my guesses are:

-Reflections (Mulan)
-? (Coco)

As far as Moana goes, "How Far I'll Go" is very good, but my favorite is Lin-Manuel-Miranda's "We Know the Way". Love that ear-worm of a song....

Splashin' Ryan

The sad part is, those songs are all fantastic.. aswell as the movies they come from. But it’ll forever baffle me that they wouldn’t just get the incredible talent that wrote & performed those songs to produce brand new, original content that’s distinctly EPCOT. I get ‘why’ that isn’t happening (narrow minded upper management).. but at the same time, it’s like.. even if they are looking towards their financially successful films for creative inspiration, seems they really lack the knowledge of ‘what’ exact qualities made those movies so successful to begin with in order to implement those same qualities into new EPCOT content that’d make the same impact.
Not to mention when you have IP songs, some people won't know the songs, little kids will almost undoubtedly not know Hercules nowadays, but when the music is original, everyone is on the same playing field making the show idea easier to convey.

It seems they no longer want a permanent nighttime show with a story. Illuminations music was its story, even with Wishes, its narration about believing in wishes and not letting them go was spread throughout the entire show with the "evil" parts trying to steal the wishes.

Some may argue that HEA has a storyline with its 6 music chapters but it's really just the quote of finding your own HEA and the "conflict" of the show is random Lion King/Pirates of the Caribbean/Ursula/Mulan scenes moshed together with no connection whatsoever.

Nighttime shows shouldn't be about seeing a collage of movie scenes, there's little creativity to that, it should be about being invested in a story, a plotline, etc. For me, Fantasmic is likely the best representation of this. If they don't watch what they're doing, Harmonius will be no different than HEA or a similar MK nighttime show other than location and physical show tech.

It isn't to say that they aren't capable of producing such a show, however, as recently Minnies Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks is not IP based and the show has a story of sharing memories with family that is narrated throughout the show.

TTA94

As far as Moana goes, "How Far I'll Go" is very good, but my favorite is Lin-Manuel-Miranda's "We Know the Way". Love that ear-worm of a song....

I highly doubt this would happen or be fit for Harmonious but if there was large Moana segment and they included “Know Who You Are”, that would give the show, or some other show, a emotional part. Somehow I hope Harmonious has a good story or meaning with some strong points that pull at the heart strings, like HEA.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

At least for me I probably wont recognise half the music since I was never really big on Disney Movies any way. I know the basics but that's about it. I learned more Disney songs from the parks than I did the movies.

Last edited:

The Aracuan Bird

So far my guesses are:

-Reflections (Mulan)
-? (Coco)
I’m not at all a fan of that song list. I even see a few “least favorites” on there. That’s probably enough for me to pass. The picture did look pretty though.

TTA94

I’m not at all a fan of that song list. I even see a few “least favorites” on there. That’s probably enough for me to pass. The picture did look pretty though.

I have no idea if those songs will indeed be in the show. But might not be to far off. If only Disney gave us a new clip of the soundtrack. All we have to go off of is that “How Far I’ll Go/Go The Distance” part.

PB Watermelon

I highly doubt this would happen or be fit for Harmonious but if there was large Moana segment and they included “Know Who You Are”, that would give the show, or some other show, a emotional part. Somehow I hope Harmonious has a good story or meaning with some strong points that pull at the heart strings, like HEA.

I was assuming each Pavillion would have its own "Disney Song", but "Go the Distance" doesn't fit as identifiable to any one country/region, so who knows what they're doing...

James Alucobond

I was assuming each Pavillion would have its own "Disney Song", but "Go the Distance" doesn't fit as identifiable to any one country/region, so who knows what they're doing...
Just give me my long wished-for Greece pavilion with Hercules dark ride where marble statues of the Greek pantheon come to life, por favor. And gyros galore.

UNCgolf

Well, if you wanted to get technical, Hercules could go with the Italy pavilion as an ancient Roman mythic hero -- his name was Heracles in Greece!

On the other hand, all the gods in the movie have their Greek names and it's specifically set in Greece, so...

raymusiccity

The sad part is, those songs are all fantastic.. aswell as the movies they come from. But it’ll forever baffle me that they wouldn’t just get the incredible talent that wrote & performed those songs to produce brand new, original content that’s distinctly EPCOT. I get ‘why’ that isn’t happening (narrow minded upper management).. but at the same time, it’s like.. even if they are looking towards their financially successful films for creative inspiration, seems they really lack the knowledge of ‘what’ exact qualities made those movies so successful to begin with in order to implement those same qualities into new EPCOT content that’d make the
You can gather 'incredible talent', but, you can't force inspired and memorable content. All you'll wind up with is forgettable tunes ala 'Mary Poppins Returns' ! 😥

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Now I see what their inspiration was for those barges obviously Disney’s been a big fan of Phil Collins but Pink Floyd I guess to. Those tacos sure look like the Genesis Stage set and if that centerpiece doesn’t look like the ring on the Pink Floyd stage I don’t know what does. I guess Disney likes that tacky mid 2000’s look. Maybe they’ll have Phil Collins do a song for Harmonious 😆😆
D4812309-3B02-4A42-8005-C18D8BB846A8.jpeg
D9A4BCD0-5E32-4527-9137-1DBE22035055.jpeg

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

Now I see what their inspiration was for those barges obviously Disney’s been a big fan of Phil Collins but Pink Floyd I guess to. Those tacos sure look like the Genesis Stage set and if that centerpiece doesn’t look like the ring on the Pink Floyd stage I don’t know what does. I guess Disney likes that tacky mid 2000’s look. Maybe they’ll have Phil Collins do a song for Harmonious 😆😆View attachment 565614View attachment 565615
I know it's beating a dead horse, but the fact the hardware looks so much like concert equipment makes it even worse for me. I don't like the stage in front of Cinderella Castle, but at least they've made it look like part of the castle. This is akin to sticking up a stage with lighting rigs, etc. and just leaving it up all the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom