News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Movielover

But my main point of less effort to hide infrastructure still stands.

Guys, wherever he goes make sure he DOES NOT see Fantasmic... He's going to be so disappointed!

34393587952_4ebaeec4c2_b.jpg

:rolleyes:

NelsonRD

Guys, wherever he goes make sure he DOES NOT see Fantasmic... He's going to be so disappointed!

Last time I saw Fantasmic it was dark..... You can continue your point if you want, and share a picture of the haunted mansion with the lights on.

Last edited:

Movielover

Last time I saw Fantasmic it was dark..... You can continue your point if you want to share a picture of the haunted mansion with the lights on.

No that's okay, I'll just post this picture and point out the firework launchers, fountain nozzles, lights, lighting poles, and water screen projector all perfectly visible from the audience viewpoint...

maxresdefault.jpg

NelsonRD

No that's okay, I'll just post this picture and point out the firework launchers, fountain nozzles, lights, lighting poles, and water screen projector all perfectly visible from the audience viewpoint...

maxresdefault.jpg

I am confused. Are you are arguing with me in favor of visible infrastructure? Or agreeing with me that is should be disguised?

Movielover

I am confused. Are you are arguing with me in favor of visible infrastructure? Or agreeing with me that is should be disguised?
No I'm pointing out that in your original post...
Is that the permanent/final product? I might be in the minority here, but that is ugly, and nothing that launches out of it, is worth the obtrusiveness to me. I get bored quickly during firework shows, so I look forward to new technology, but not in this direction. Maybe if it was hidden, the wide distance between fireworks might impress, but I guess we have waved goodby to hiding infrastructure years ago.
You complained that the renovated launchers are ugly, not worth it, and that this is a recent trend. I'm just pointing out that the Illuminations launchers have always looked like that, and as such the fireworks that were launched from them during Illuminations were I guess not worth it to you according to your words? And that besides the ongoing Mistake On The Lake, Infrastructure like this has always been visible to an extent, hence the photo of Fantasmic with all of it's infrastructure that can be spotted from the audience.

Do I wish that all infrastructure should be hidden 100%? hard to say since I work in theater and as such love seeing all the infrastructure stuff myself but I can understand that you would want them hidden, but this is by no means a new trend and those launchers have been there for a very long time.

Plus hiding things 100% completely is kind of difficult, the closest they have come is Fantasmic's stage in Disneyland, but even there you can still see some infrastructure.

TrainsOfDisney

I'm used to Disneyland where the fireworks all come from the same spot.
Some of the Disneyland shows have pyro launched over the castle like MK does. Disneyland had an entire “B” show for Disneyland forever that didn’t have any pyro from the main launch site (was actually a pretty cool show, I’m glad I saw it once... and only once cause the main show was of course better! :)

The amount of money that went into hiding the fantasmic infrastructure at DL is the exact issue with harmonious. If all those light towers were left up all day at Disneyland... ewww and yet that’s exactly what’s happening at Epcot.

NelsonRD

No I'm pointing out that in your original post...

You complained that the renovated launchers are ugly, not worth it, and that this is a recent trend. I'm just pointing out that the Illuminations launchers have always looked like that, and as such the fireworks that were launched from them during Illuminations were I guess not worth it to you according to your words? And that besides the ongoing Mistake On The Lake, Infrastructure like this has always been visible to an extent, hence the photo of Fantasmic with all of it's infrastructure that can be spotted from the audience.

Do I wish that all infrastructure should be hidden 100%? hard to say since I work in theater and as such love seeing all the infrastructure stuff myself but I can understand that you would want them hidden, but this is by no means a new trend and those launchers have been there for a very long time.

Plus hiding things 100% completely is kind of difficult, the closest they have come is Fantasmic's stage in Disneyland, but even there you can still see some infrastructure.

I agree, that I did not initially recall the launchers from before, therefore they must have not have been that bad. Is the plastic shield an addition that caught my eye? Maybe it is less of a focus in person, which I said I will judge when i see it myself in July.

Maybe this wasn't the right bone to pick over visible infrastructure, but since it part of the same show that gave us the mistake on the lake as it has been called, I thought it was appropriate to point out that it seemed like a lack of effort to hide it, and firework shows in general, in my opinion, are dated. To light up the sky, let's move to a drone show - which they can do, like over Disney Springs.

jrhwdw

I agree, that I did not initially recall the launchers from before, therefore they must have not have been that bad. Is the plastic shield an addition that caught my eye? Maybe it is less of a focus in person, which I said I will judge when i see it myself in July.

Maybe this wasn't the right bone to pick over visible infrastructure, but since it part of the same show that gave us the mistake on the lake as it has been called, I thought it was appropriate to point out that it seemed like a lack of effort to hide it, and firework shows in general, in my opinion, are dated. To light up the sky, let's move to a drone show - which they can do, like over Disney Springs.
If fireworks are dated....I guess Universal/SWO's pyro is dated and going back to normal is dated as well!! And THAT doesn't help any of us!!!!!

NelsonRD

If fireworks are dated....I guess Universal/SWO's pyro is dated and going back to normal is dated as well!! And THAT doesn't help any of us!!!!!
Yes, that is correct, in my opinion, fireworks alone, and firework heavy shows, are dated.

What are you reaching for with your reference on going back to normal? That was odd.

rioriz

Currently staring at the "Mistake on the lake" they just started playing a loud and fanciful score while workers around the area. I wonder if this is one of the songs that will be featured in the daytime show. I've never heard it before until now

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Currently staring at the "Mistake on the lake" they just started playing around and fanciful score while workers around the area. I wonder if this is one of the songs that will be featured in the daytime show. I've never heard it before until now
Is it the cavalcade music?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom