News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

brb1006

When our Spirit @WDW1974 returns you know **** hit the fan! Welcome back 🙂
The WDWMagic community after seeing Spirit's return.
9cc1283747af2a5e8a698c2283f0809f.jpg

And this too

Last edited:

brb1006

Not back. Just doing a drive by from Regions Beyond ... nothing I can add. No point. The fan community has sorta gone the direction of your 'wonderful and loving' Grandma Bev who is now wearing a Q shirt, has multiple guns and is planning for the end of days. There is no sanity, just blind faith and devotion to a brand in cult-like fashion (sorta like what is going on in Orlando at another event this weekend). Once, not long after joining this community, I got into an argument with now superstar blogger Tom 'Chicken Legs' Bricker about Disney being Walmarted and how that could never happen without doing likewise to the broader American society. I know, I know ... shouldn't argue with people who think reviewing food booth samples, shared amongst five bloggers, is a career.

The past five years have certainly proved me correct, sadly, more than I ever could have believed.

Unlike America today, this is the Disney that most fans are completely happy with. Cause nothing says Disney more than everything from The Mandalorian to Family Guy, from Nat Geo to the Your Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman, from Rey to the latest woke heroine Raya and her dragon.

There's a great big world out there beyond the berm. My advice: when the pandemic is over (this doesn't count in Florida as the pandemic ended there whenever Governor Mini Trump said so), go explore it. There are even some great theme parks.

Twitter has done immense damage to the fabric of our society. Anyone who has lived through the last half dozen years can see it.

The so-called DIS Tweeter is the type of trainwreck that you can't take your eyes off of. Seriously, it has given me untold laughs over the past year when cooped up inside ...

Disney likes to think it has control of the message all the time. This individual is a great example of the fact they do not. But they won't fire him. There's barely anyone left.

I do find it amusing that people think Disney cares what anyone thinks of this horribly executed project. Unless it's a matter of wokeness that people are bringing up on Twitter, opinions are completely meaningless. No one cares what you think. ... Unless you somehow were offended by something in a film made in the 1960s or an attraction built in the 1970s, then ... if you raise enough of an uproar, then they care.

Maybe the Bobs will cancel Walt?
Welcome back man, missed your meaty posts. ;)

Last edited:

SoFloMagic

Thanks, now it is bugging me also. The picture looks to have been taken from the center of the main walkway. Must not be in its final position or someone made a big placement error.
It seems they reused an existing dock from illuminations. Since this thing is like 3 times longer than the ROE globe but the left end of it is still in the same spot, it's no longer centered.
They could have redone the dock, but they figured why spend the money to move it when it'll be centered for the table top bar as is.

I went today. It's not as massive as it appears in photos but two things jumped out:
-off center looks awful. Just inexcusable.

-the big circle is now flat. So you won't be able to see it at all from like Mexico-China and morocco-uk. Which means that big event space off the IG bridge has no view. Seems like a mistake?

Maybe they'll wow us with the show. But I can't get past the off-centered, not visible to all show.

LorangeJuice

It seems they reused an existing dock from illuminations. Since this thing is like 3 times longer than the ROE globe but the left end of it is still in the same spot, it's no longer centered.
They could have redone the dock, but they figured why spend the money to move it when it'll be centered for the table top bar as is.

I went today. It's not as massive as it appears in photos but two things jumped out:
-off center looks awful. Just inexcusable.

-the big circle is now flat. So you won't be able to see it at all from like Mexico-China and morocco-uk. Which means that big event space off the IG bridge has no view. Seems like a mistake?

Maybe they'll wow us with the show. But I can't get past the off-centered, not visible to all show.
Which way is it off-centered? Could it be aimed toward the canceled Festival Center?

HauntedMansionFLA

Looks great. I don’t know what the fuss is all about???😊😄 I can’t wait!!!!
3/28/2021

Attachments

• 576D0D32-6D13-4DB6-B80B-EC1383AA3D38.jpeg
    576D0D32-6D13-4DB6-B80B-EC1383AA3D38.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 084350A8-70F3-46BD-84B5-D5BE047DE1CD.jpeg
    084350A8-70F3-46BD-84B5-D5BE047DE1CD.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 120
  • DE81805B-F094-44AA-8B96-F1BD2C11450D.jpeg
    DE81805B-F094-44AA-8B96-F1BD2C11450D.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 105
  • BCC03BB9-7D6A-4E43-8E2C-514E46C1C33E.jpeg
    BCC03BB9-7D6A-4E43-8E2C-514E46C1C33E.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 99
  • A0C2972E-8DF4-4BBA-8583-4687DECF2BAA.jpeg
    A0C2972E-8DF4-4BBA-8583-4687DECF2BAA.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 90
  • 77A5CD0B-3A2E-4D00-B5FC-17544FB363A1.jpeg
    77A5CD0B-3A2E-4D00-B5FC-17544FB363A1.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 6960E244-1281-4190-AF8B-862BFC78542F.jpeg
    6960E244-1281-4190-AF8B-862BFC78542F.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 317A1AA4-9F1F-4F5F-B48B-76A48903EF3C.jpeg
    317A1AA4-9F1F-4F5F-B48B-76A48903EF3C.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 9EA677D3-C6B5-4E61-9E03-B1E0EC037038.jpeg
    9EA677D3-C6B5-4E61-9E03-B1E0EC037038.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 38C05634-E323-46A9-A54E-36AB1CB12702.jpeg
    38C05634-E323-46A9-A54E-36AB1CB12702.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 125

DonaldDoleWhip

That tweet makes me so angry. The photo on the right is just as distorted as the telephoto shot, merely in the opposite direction, and even if you ignore the ring entirely, the black barges are hideous.

As for the ring itself, it looks like the industrial metal from the Wand got melted down, molded into a circle, and drifted out from backstage. What a shame.

Publicly mocking your customer base, IMO, should be grounds for termination (I'm sure I'd be fired for mocking the clients I work on), yet at Disney it almost seems to be a strength, perhaps because corporate feels similarly about theme park fans.

The contempt reminds me of a certain WDW influencer (at one point a VIP tour guide) who confused Monorails Coral and Peach on Instagram. At that stage I was a fan and thought she'd appreciate knowing the difference, so I politely informed her about Coral's deltas. My comment was promptly deleted, and her peers immediately mocked the nerd who could care that much about the stripes on a monorail.

If these are the people Disney's chosen to lead the company, people who don't care about the history or details but feel no shame incessantly posting about rose gold cupcakes, glowing ice cubes and MagicBand stickers, there's no hope for what's next.

Last edited:

SoFloMagic

Which way is it off-centered? Could it be aimed toward the canceled Festival Center?
To the right, and yes kind of. It's not angled towards the festival center, it's just 10 feet too far to the right (when looking towards American adventure).

My guess:

Imagineer:"but uh, if we reused that dock it wouldn't be centered"
Chapek:"which way would it be off?"
Imagineer:"toward the festival center"
Chapek:"🤑🤑🤑🤑 I think that'll be OK"

Figments Friend

Remember kids as you view that gigantic center ring...

Epcot has now lost its fundamental design point that was World Showcase for yet another 'giant tv screen'.

So now instead of enjoying the carefully designed, truly unique view of the nations around the lagoon that can be seen no where else on Earth - one will now get to view Disney branded video clips from movies you can watch at home.
Not only that, the same dang clips used at every other recent nighttime spectacle 'movie highlights video clips' based projection show.

Yay, futuristic forward thinking progress!
Perfectly themed for a Park like 'Epcot'...!

( NOT )

:/

-

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

And I have nothing to compare it too because I never saw Epcot pre-2000s. I have stated such. I’m not attached to the park. My favorite park is Animal Kingdom. Only reason I go to Epcot now is to eat and drink. I think that’s a problem. That’s also not a conversation for this thread tho.
Animal Kingdom instantly supplanted EPCOT for me as my favorite park when it opened. I was in the minority but I think others have come to realize how amazing the park truly is.

I don't begrudge things like Test Track or Mission: SPACE, I think their heart was in the right place with those changes. The issue for me (non-Imagination division) has primarily been the last 10 years.

There's a chance that the next few years will revitalize the park, but it truly needs Cosmic Rewind to be thematically appropriate and a top 3 attraction in WDW. It needs Harmonious to be the best nighttime show they've ever done and the daytime fountains to be visually appealing from park opening to sunset. It needs the Spaceship Earth update to be an improvement over the current version, not a lateral move. And it needs an Imagination update that becomes the whimsical, fun family attraction befitting of the pavilion and the original.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Twitter has done immense damage to the fabric of our society. Anyone who has lived through the last half dozen years can see it.

The so-called DIS Tweeter is the type of trainwreck that you can't take your eyes off of. Seriously, it has given me untold laughs over the past year when cooped up inside ...

Disney likes to think it has control of the message all the time. This individual is a great example of the fact they do not. But they won't fire him. There's barely anyone left.

I do find it amusing that people think Disney cares what anyone thinks of this horribly executed project. Unless it's a matter of wokeness that people are bringing up on Twitter, opinions are completely meaningless. No one cares what you think. ... Unless you somehow were offended by something in a film made in the 1960s or an attraction built in the 1970s, then ... if you raise enough of an uproar, then they care.

Maybe the Bobs will cancel Walt?
Welcome back!! Missed your delightful posts! Always spot on!!

RSoxNo1

EF was/is great, if you take off the ending.
If the finale was Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand, it could have been a solid interim show. There were a couple of other changes to the dialogue / music in the first 7-8 minutes that I would have changed, but it absolutely would have been redeemed with a Celebrate the Future 2-4 minute finale.

Alternatively, I made a few soundtrack changes and incorporate Reflections of Earth instead...

matt9112

Honest question couldn't they have technically made these barges powered like the old ones and deploy them the same way? I mean there pretty ugly. But who am i ?

tirian

Remember kids as you view that gigantic center ring...

Epcot has now lost its fundamental design point that was World Showcase for yet another 'giant tv screen'.

So now instead of enjoying the carefully designed, truly unique view of the nations around the lagoon that can be seen no where else on Earth - one will now get to view Disney branded video clips from movies you can watch at home.
Not only that, the same dang clips used at every other recent nighttime spectacle 'movie highlights video clips' based projection show.

Yay, futuristic forward thinking progress!
Perfectly themed for a Park like 'Epcot'...!

( NOT )

:/

-
This is ugly. This is straight-up ugly.

All to show movie clips and pretend they’re authentic cultural landmarks from around the world. Epcot has finally become a satire of itself.

tirian

That tweet makes me so angry. The photo on the right is just as distorted as the telephoto shot, merely in the opposite direction, and even if you ignore the ring entirely, the black barges are hideous.

As for the ring itself, it looks like the industrial metal from the Wand got melted down, molded into a circle, and drifted out from backstage. What a shame.

Publicly mocking your customer base, IMO, should be grounds for termination (I'm sure I'd be fired for mocking the clients I work on), yet at Disney it almost seems to be a strength, perhaps because corporate feels similarly about theme park fans.

The contempt reminds me of a certain WDW influencer (at one point a VIP tour guide) who confused Monorails Coral and Peach on Instagram. At that stage I was a fan and thought she'd appreciate knowing the difference, so I politely informed her about Coral's deltas. My comment was promptly deleted, and her peers immediately mocked the nerd who could care that much about the stripes on a monorail.

If these are the people Disney's chosen to lead the company, people who don't care about the history or details but feel no shame incessantly posting about rose gold cupcakes, glowing ice cubes and MagicBand stickers, there's no hope for what's next.
They’ve also become hopelessly political, but this isn’t the forum to talk about that.

Remember kids, part of the way you force everyone to do things your way is by demonizing everyone who disagrees for any reason whatsoever.

It used to be called “a manipulative, spoiled brat.” Now it’s “bold and brave.”

So at WDI and WDFA, any long-time fan who doesn’t mindlessly adore every new thing is bad, wrong, and probably evil. And it’s acceptable to vilify or mock those fans because they don’t understand that Walt said, “dISneEelaND Is nOt A MoooSEee-Umm.”

As one executive infamously announced in the early 2000s, these fans probably shop at Walmart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom