News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

wishiwere@wdw

Goodyear blimp has been hovering over world showcase lagoon tonight. And because I’m just overly optimistic and maybe a little crazy, I start thinking maybe there will be impromptu fireworks tonight. And yeah, my wife thinks I’m crazy 😂. Wishful thinking I know! The lack of any prep and no techs out tells me the obvious answer though lol. Still nice to be out at night but they really need pyro. At least light the torches!

Movielover

Goodyear blimp has been hovering over world showcase lagoon tonight. And because I’m just overly optimistic and maybe a little crazy, I start thinking maybe there will be impromptu fireworks tonight.

1937_hindenburg_accident_by_apolonis-d4ky9vt.gif

;)

hodgkin

I love fireworks shows more than the next person but I wanted to ask a question. By the looks of what we have seen and heard, this show looks like to have a lot of new infrastructure/props that I could only imagine what the cost is to build. Does anyone else think that this is an overkill of money for a 15-20 minute end of show night. I just feel like they could of spent some of that money on the rest of park and had a little less of a night show. I know in in the terms of money, this show is probably nothing for Disney pockets but we all know that is not how things work in the business world. Not that I'm right or wrong nor will it have any impact on what they do I just think it's a lot of money for only being used such a small part of the night. Thanks for Listening!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I love fireworks shows more than the next person but I wanted to ask a question. By the looks of what we have seen and heard, this show looks like to have a lot of new infrastructure/props that I could only imagine what the cost is to build. Does anyone else think that this is an overkill of money for a 15-20 minute end of show night. I just feel like they could of spent some of that money on the rest of park and had a little less of a night show. I know in in the terms of money, this show is probably nothing for Disney pockets but we all know that is not how things work in the business world. Not that I'm right or wrong nor will it have any impact on what they do I just think it's a lot of money for only being used such a small part of the night. Thanks for Listening!

A night show has to compete with MK's HEA and hang onto Epcot guests into the night for the sake of all the restaurants.

peter11435

Is it any different or worse from the facility and infrastructure required for something like Fantasmic!

TTA94

Looking more and more like Harm will be finished by the time we see nighttime shows return. RIP EF. And by that I don’t mean I think Harm is moving at a fast pace either. I’m guessing maaybe it might be finished and ready to go by this time next year? Of course I’d love to be way off on my thinking.

Curious if the layoffs will slow down Harms construction, or halt it again, along with all the other current projects?

mattpeto

Looking more and more like Harm will be finished by the time we see nighttime shows return. RIP EF. And by that I don’t mean I think Harm is moving at a fast pace either. I’m guessing maaybe it might be finished and ready to go by this time next year? Of course I’d love to be way off on my thinking.

Curious if the layoffs will slow down Harms construction, or halt it again, along with all the other current projects?

What's the shelf life of the supplies they have in the closet for Epcot Forever?

I could see EF getting one more blast off before Harm debuts in late 2021.

TTA94

I could see EF getting one more blast off before Harm debuts in late 2021.

Depends on if Disney wants to continue to go with the mindset of No fireworks until a widely distributed vaccine, regardless of what’s going on in other places in the state or what the governor says they “could do”. If it’s indeed going to take a widely distributed vaccine, then, we won’t see fireworks until, if we are lucky, next fall. Speculation of course lol but that seems to be what’s going on.

jrhwdw

Depends on if Disney wants to continue to go with the mindset of No fireworks until a widely distributed vaccine, regardless of what’s going on in other places in the state or what the governor says they “could do”. If it’s indeed going to take a widely distributed vaccine, then, we won’t see fireworks until, if we are lucky, next fall. Speculation of course lol but that seems to be what’s going on.
Along with Parades, Other Entertainment???

TTA94

Along with Parades, Other Entertainment???

🤷‍♂️. Unless something changed but that seemed to be the thinking among many for awhile, widely distributed vaccine= Return of entertainment.
Well, and now probably another setback will be they will need to rehire CMs and Performers to actually run FoF and firework crews.

jrhwdw

🤷‍♂️. Unless something changed but that seemed to be the thinking among many for awhile, widely distributed vaccine= Return of entertainment.
Well, and now probably another setback will be they will need to rehire CMs and Performers to actually run FoF and firework crews.
Is Epcot's pyro crew still working since we had that pyro test a couple of weeks ago?

mattpeto

Disney has created an artificial window (end of September 2021) that I think these are basically the conditions they are sort of resigned to through that window.

It's all about the vaccine...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom