News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

trainplane3

View attachment 651368
Kind of funny that Disney acknowledges the viewing area issues.
It's almost like this should've been researched ahead of time.
And when I say researched, I mean "they have 30 years of firework shows in Epcot and know what does and doesn't work but they still built something with poor views".

Literally, bigger globe. That's all that was needed. Not some flat water screen.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I saw Harmonious tonight. It's a visually stunning experience but I walked away going "meh." There were some pyro and tech moments that made me go "ooo and ahh" but overall, for me, there was definitely a lack of soul and emotion with this show. I echo some sentiments I've read online that it feels disjointed and too over the top. It would have been nice to see the full effects of the hardware appear over time. I will say I was quite impressed with the center water screen. I enjoyed the post-how, though. My brief takeaway is that I didn't hate it but I didn't love it. Maybe it's one of those things you have to see more than once to appreciate, who knows. The magic may be calling, as played at the end of the evening, but if it's Harmonious on the other end, I likely won't pick up.

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
I think Harmonious is inherently flawed as a show within EPCOT, but I believe if three things were done, it would be improved dramatically.
1) Replace Stargate with larger globe.
2) Have the tacos replaced with a barge with some kind of curving screen that is able to face more people.
3)Allow for the removal of the barges during the day.
Is this probably going to happen? No. Almost no chance. But with the failure of Harmonious (and the near admittance of that failure by means of surveys and a live event), I hope someone in Guest relations will be able to persuade management for a change of the elements of this show. As much as I wish we could go back to ROE, I think the current management would be more likely to ship the barges to Paris for the WDS lagoon show and keep the IP than anything else.

TheMaxRebo

Saw Harmonious for the first time tonight. Neat tech, music is meh to me, and WHO THOUGHT A FLAT SCREEN WAS A GOOD IDEA.

The same people that planned for high prices corporate events to be held on the roof of that World Celebration tower that would have straight in view of said flat screen

But seriously, even as a Harmonius defender, that is definitely a shortcoming of the show

trainplane3

The same people that planned for high prices corporate events to be held on the roof of that World Celebration tower that would have straight in view of said flat screen

But seriously, even as a Harmonius defender, that is definitely a shortcoming of the show
Thing is, this a location that someone had to pay $400 to do. The fireworks cruise isn't cheap. If I had to foot the bill then I'd be pretty sour knowing I missed a chunk of the show.

Kittlesona

I finally saw Harmonious for the first time. It felt like it lacked a story. I got the impression from the beginning and finale that some poor imagineer presented a concept and then got micromanaged into this final product. I agree with the comments that the post show was in some ways better than the actual show. The barges are super cool technology that felt improperly used. I was overall left very disappointed.

Phroobar

I just watched the show on Disney+. It looks interesting and has an Epcot feel. Still no classic Disney songs before Beauty and the Beast except Jungle Book. I can see how the flat panel would reduce viewing angles. The arms looked interesting. Otherwise the show wasn't anything we haven't seen before. World of Color may still be better.

gerarar

Premium Member
Perimeter launchers have been off for the past 4 days, including tonight (last seen Aug 29).

They can't all be weather related; tonight was fine. Some other nights it was just foggy, but doubt they would pull 'em because of that.

They really need a B-mode for when perimeters aren't possible. They elevate that section of the Someday finale, so if they're turned off, all you have are some pretty lasers dancing in the smoke.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom