News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

trainplane3

I’m sure it means nothing but I couldn’t help but notice the Harmonious barges are not shown in the new Epcot concept art lol.

Just for fun, here's a Gif of the Old and New Art overlaid to show the differences:

View attachment 637142

Fun Fact: The Festival Table was clearly just painted over in the new art, since the Trees on top were blended in to look like trees along the edge of World Showcase Lagoon
festival-pavilion-2-epcot-transformation-reimagining-disney-world-gif.637142

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Got to see the show for the first time in person last week. The barges during the day actually look worse in person then any picture I have seen. I enjoyed the show and it has a lot of cool tech, but to to paraphrase Jurassic Park, "Your Imagineers were so preoccupied with whether they could, they didn't stop to think if they should." A lot of the show just felt like they were throwing out everything but the kitchen sink instead of carefully planning where it was most appropriate to use each piece of tech.

Movielover

I’m sure it means nothing but I couldn’t help but notice the Harmonious barges are not shown in the new Epcot concept art lol.
Yeah generally you should never really focus on stuff in concept art that's outside the area of focus as most of the time concept artist will just use placeholders or prior pictures to fill out the space. Concept art is meant to just show what a small section of something could look like and how it fits into the larger area, not a completed 100% accurate picture of the entire property.

TTA94

Yeah generally you should never really focus on stuff in concept art that's outside the area of focus as most of the time concept artist will just use placeholders or prior pictures to fill out the space. Concept art is meant to just show what a small section of something could look like and how it fits into the larger area, not a completed 100% accurate picture of the entire property.

Yeah I know lol, just wishful thinking the barges days are numbered, or the center ring or them all being out all day.

kevinitobrownie

It seemed like a lot of pyro was missing from the show tonight.
I really hope this show does not last for too long. I really have hard time wrapping my head around the idea that this is a good show. Even with new Epcot it feels so off.

wtyy21

It seemed like a lot of pyro was missing from the show tonight.
I really hope this show does not last for too long. I really have hard time wrapping my head around the idea that this is a good show. Even with new Epcot it feels so off.
I think most of pyro leftover from EF will slowly become permanent, along with few original Harmonious pyro that will remain. However, original finale feels incredible compare to weak EF-style finale.

Vinnie Mac

I think most of pyro leftover from EF will slowly become permanent
This is a bit of a dramatic assumption. This isn't the first time B-mode has been used for the show. They usually do this for like a month and then come back with the original pyro, sometime the sequence is even improved.

correcaminos

You’re not wrong. I will be alright. Glad people can enjoy this show, BUT I cannot wait until it’s time Epcot is over. Hopefully the next show will be better.
I hear you. Barge free too I hope. We started to watch this in March but quickly moved on to rides for extended hours instead. It really did not appeal to us. I only saw videos of EF but it looked better.

wishiwere@wdw

I’ve seen the show probably upwards of 20 times. To say the show this past Monday was underwhelming is a understatement. Lots of pyro missing. I had thought it might be the wind (and very well could have been for at least the perimeters at the end) but after seeing the reports here and the fact that I’ve seen the show in worse weather, I’m guessing not. Hopefully this is temporary.

kevinitobrownie

I’ve seen the show probably upwards of 20 times. To say the show this past Monday was underwhelming is a understatement. Lots of pyro missing. I had thought it might be the wind (and very well could have been for at least the perimeters at the end) but after seeing the reports here and the fact that I’ve seen the show in worse weather, I’m guessing not. Hopefully this is temporary.
That was how I felt when I saw it last week. It was underwhelming. What I find more fascinating is that I found the show at flow blast underwhelming too. I know this isn't the case, but it would be cool if this meant that this show tenure won't last. IF not, hopefully it is temporary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom