Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I stand corrected.
No biggie! Trying to keep up with Disney these days be like:
giphy (1).gif

😅

Mac Tonight

Having watched the premiere video, I was unimpressed. But I knew I needed to see it in person to give it a fair shake.

So I saw it in person a few weeks ago. And was only slightly less unimpressed.
Spending a total of 3 nights at Epcot, we only stayed to watch it once.
The wacky-waving arms on the Stargate are just so chaotic and distracting. It really doesn't add anything for me.
Honestly, the fireworks were the best part. The whole thing still just feels like a collection of "deleted scenes" from some Magic Kingdom shows.

Also, just as a fun aside, we were walking around by the American Adventure and I just happened to mention that "those (the barges) will always be there now" and a passing CM kind of perked up saying, "Yep. They're permanent." I said "that's a shame", and I could tell she really wanted to go off, but she swallowed her vitriol and just slowly nodded her head saying, "yuuuup."

Last edited:

Mac Tonight

Sorry to hear that, I personally thought it was spectacular in person and the effects are great. I saw it four times and it gets better each show
It's all good! I'm definitely glad I got to see it in person at least once. It just didn't move me the same way Illuminations did. As I was walking away though I thought to myself, it's not the perfect Epcot show, but it's the perfect show for what Epcot is becoming.

Then I had a small weep.

Vinnie Mac

It's all good! I'm definitely glad I got to see it in person at least once. It just didn't move me the same way Illuminations did. As I was walking away though I thought to myself, it's not the perfect Epcot show, but it's the perfect show for what Epcot is becoming.

Then I had a small weep.
Aye if this is the way Epcot is going quality wise then I'm excited!

Stevek

After seeing it in person, Harmonious just isn’t a very good show, IMO.

The tempo is all over the place and doesn’t seem to build up to anything. There are points where you’re just watching water move around because the screens are just abstract shapes and it’s mildly boring.

Don’t think I’ll be making an effort to see it again.
I thought the exact opposite. Went in with pretty low expectations and thought it was fantastic.

trainplane3

Soooo...
My plans to watch it have gone out the window. The factors of being such a late start (9:45), then having to deal with the monorails to get back to BLT, and how great the SSE lights are, killed my need to see it.

Hoping they add more pyro to it when I'm back next year at the Boardwalk. Being able to walk to Epcot will make it much more convenient.

Vinnie Mac

Does anybody know what's up with the pyro modification? I feel like I already know what the issue is but the more optimistic side of me wants to think it's because of windspeed issues...

vikescaper

I thought Harmonious was fine but I’m not sure if it is a must watch for me at this point. It will probably grow on me over time and maybe if I get a better viewing spot.

Vinnie Mac

Good (err… well… you know what I mean) observation! There has definitely been adjustments made to pyro throughout the show.

With a keen eye and comparing a show video from opening month to a more recent video from the past week or so, you should be able to notice the changes (most of which don’t seem to be for the better).

Here’s to hoping the changes made are just related to supply chain issues and aren't permanent adjustments.
I appreciate it :)

Also, idk about the validity of this claim (anything is better than nothing though) but someone in the chat for a livestream I was watching last night said that the pyro modification was temporary and that Disney was getting rid of some of their old Illuminations and Epcot Forever pyro. So I guess when the old pyro is gone, the new pyro will return.

gerarar

Premium Member
There's been several pyro modifications to Disney Enchantment as well, for both better and worse.

Just to name a few;
Moana swirls were ditched but returned after about a month.
Some shells in the finale were replaced with small horsetails. These were swapped back after a few weeks. Now the horsetails returned.

It just seems to be supply issues throughout Disney's fireworks shows.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom