News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

SoFloMagic

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but they won't be roping off areas for the previews on the 29th and 30th due to dinner packages either, unless they put them up quickly. That could mean better viewing opportunities.

They might have some areas blocked for their own filming, but I don't imagine that it'll take up all that space the dining packages (and LL?) will.
Likely a media event on the 29th though, so showcace Plaza will likely be closed for that

Splashin' Ryan

That has to be one of my main complaints too, its not just similar music but the majority of the songs shared between the shows come from the same movies; Moana, Hunchback, Mulan, Aladdin, Coco, Princess, and The Frog and the list goes on have been announced to be presented in both shows.
How much creativity does it take to separate the two or better yet theme it to their respective park/celebration. ?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That has to be one of my main complaints too, its not just similar music but the majority of the songs shared between the shows come from the same movies; Moana, Hunchback, Mulan, Aladdin, Coco, Princess, and The Frog and the list goes on have been announced to be presented in both shows.
How much creativity does it take to separate the two or better yet theme it to their respective park/celebration. ?
Less creativity than coming up with something completely original. And something not original = “more timeless, more relevant, more family, more Disney”!

tnemgif

Coming from someone who's never seen Hunchback, I think the choice of song is an amazing choice for the finale even though this is the first day of my life that I've been aware of the songs existence lol.

And I agree with you, the song is so moving and is definitely very relevant to today's politcal climate. The song made me feel oddly similar to the way I felt whenever I heard "We Go On".
There is a not-probably-legal recording on YouTube of the La Jolla production. I saw the Ogunquit production, which I honestly thought was better. I’m not an emotional person, but I was bawling (along with 90% of the audience) by the end. I saw it a few years ago, so the themes of racism, bigotry, and immigration hit home extra hard.

TTA94

Not saying “Someday” is a bad song but I would have preferred something more upbeat and fun rather than something on the serious and emotional side. Unfortunately DE sounds like it’ll be the same thing. Maybe the exit songs will be more upbeat.

TTA94

Like…”A Whole New World”?

Or “IASM” 🤣.

In all fairness I know Epcot has never had a upbeat dance ish song before so why would they start now. And if they did it would only upset Epcot fans even more lol. Had hopes the exit song of Illuminate would’ve been brought over to along with the other scenes that some are saying are in DE. Oh well lol.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Not saying “Someday” is a bad song but I would have preferred something more upbeat and fun rather than something on the serious and emotional side. Unfortunately DE sounds like it’ll be the same thing. Maybe the exit songs will be more upbeat.
We Go On wasn't upbeat either and it's the best finale in the IllumiNations Series. Of course the upbeat part of ROE was right before We Go On so there's that.

Figments Friend

So I guess all of Orlando will be at Epcot on the 29th instead of the 2nd? 🤣
All of Orlando will be at the Magic Kingdom on the 29th.....
The 29th is the 'final' showing of 'Happily Ever After'.
Everyone will then move over to Epcot on the evening of the 30th to view 'Harmonius'.

The days have just shifted slightly....in more ways then one.

-

Giss Neric

Disney and Pixar’s “Brave” receives a Celtic kick from GRAMMY®- and Emmy®-nominated violinistMáiréad Nesbitt and platinum-selling electronic artist, violinist and multi-talented entertainer Lindsey Stirling.
Why do they keep pushing and inserting Brave. Far more better options.

Vinnie Mac

I feel like I somewhat share this sentiment with you but for the most part I don't.

Wishes didn't have an upbeat end to it but it didn't need to because the emotions it carried along with it were good enough.

For the World Showcase, a part of a theme park that was built off of the idea of real world themes and a firework show also half based on us, humanity. I feel like "Someday" might be one of the best song choices besides "We Go On".

We Go On wasn't super upbeat but it didn't need to be. It was [part of a show that reflected and celebrated the real world. The real world isn't always upbeat. Sometimes, it's sad but it can create hope. We Go On didn't make us dance. It made us sit down, reflect, and look toward the future as one.

Enchantment might have a more upbeat exit song which I am okay with! But as far as HarmonioUS goes, I personally don't think it'll have one and it doesn't need an upbeat exit. If I'm not left in tears after the show while reflecting on humanity, I don't want the show. That's just my take lol.

Vinnie Mac

Or “IASM” 🤣.

In all fairness I know Epcot has never had a upbeat dance ish song before so why would they start now. And if they did it would only upset Epcot fans even more lol. Had hopes the exit song of Illuminate would’ve been brought over to along with the other scenes that some are saying are in DE. Oh well lol.
Also yeah lol. The 29th, 30th, 1st are all gonna be full of critical and lifelong Epcot and Illuminations: ROE fans lol. I'm sure many of them would be ready to set the whole park on fire if one wrong move is made in HarmonioUS (like an upbeat exit.) 😂

castlecake2.0

It’s weird, with how big the infrastructure is I feel I really only notice it from the front of world showcase, once you’re further back they don’t seem to be as in your face.

My friend had super early shift at Epcot a couple days ago and saw some of the testing and they said it literally took their breath away, so there’s that at least.

Vinnie Mac

It’s weird, with how big the infrastructure is I feel I really only notice it from the front of world showcase, once you’re further back they don’t seem to be as in your face.

My friend had super early shift at Epcot a couple days ago and saw some of the testing and they said it literally took their breath away, so there’s that at least.
Yeah I notice this to. Some pictures and videos make the barges seem either really big or sort of small. Guess it all depends on positioning. I'm sure the fireworks will also affect the scale of it depending on how impactful they are.

Also, I'm glad to hear your friend enjoyed the testing! That's a great sign that he likes the show that much. I remember watching a vlog from Kevin Heimbach a couple of months ago and he said that the people who saw it from inside the park told him that it was good "but nothing life changing".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom