News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

CJR

These are all great songs, but it does feel like, at least in terms of content, they picked Happily Ever After up from MK and plopped it down in to WS lagoon.

Someday could be a nice touch since most people might not be as familiar with it.

Father Robinson

Disney's announcement about an early preview of Harmonious be like..
1632509205942.png

CJR

Using musicians from around the world is really cool, however.

I agree completely. I'm just talking about the actual titles they picked. HEA was very 90's heavy and this appears to be too.

I suppose that's a good thing though since Enchantment will be focusing on the more recent works.

Of course, I'd prefer original stuff as ROE achieved, it's a bit lazy in a way, but it is what it is. We knew it would not be original long ago. So I do completely agree that the different languages are a positive thing. It's not quite as lazy that way, more Epcot, at least.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I wish I had read that description of the music and “how inspiring and magical it is when people join together” before I ate lunch.

Excuse me, gotta go…

montyz81

Additional details -

"EPCOT guests gathering on the shores of World Showcase Lagoon are treated to a magnificent cultural symphony, dramatizing the unifying power of story and song. On this musical journey around the planet …
  • “Harmonious” opens with an inspiring medley of “How Far I’ll Go” from “Moana” and “Go the Distance” from “Hercules” performed by “American Idol” finalist and three-time GRAMMY® nominee Danny Gokey, along with vocalists Elisha Garrett and Ninet Tayeb.
  • The Ndlovu Youth Choir from Johannesburg contributes a medley of favorites from “The Lion King,” performed in both English and Zulu.
  • “Dig a Little Deeper” from “The Princess and the Frog” features vocalist Bryson Camper and legendary gospel artists Karen Clark Sheard and Kierra Sheard.
  • French pop singer Damien Sargue performs “Out There” from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame.”
  • Songs from Disney and Pixar’s “Coco” get a rousing pan-Latin sendup from award-winning Puerto Rican artist Luis Fonsi, responsible for several global hits including “Despacito,” and award-winning Mexican singer/songwriter Joy.
  • Disney and Pixar’s “Brave” receives a Celtic kick from GRAMMY®- and Emmy®-nominated violinistMáiréad Nesbitt and platinum-selling electronic artist, violinist and multi-talented entertainer Lindsey Stirling.
  • Musical selections from “Mulan,” “The Jungle Book” and “Aladdin” are highlighted by the vocal talents of Wang Liuqi, Hollie Hammel, Aditya Rao, Gaayatri Kaundinya, Jorgie Shkara and Sanaa Marahati.
“Harmonious” closes the curtain for each EPCOT day with the show’s hopeful message of the magic that happens when people join together. As it draws to a close, the inspiring ballad “Someday” (from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”) combines with the new EPCOT theme from composer Pinar Toprak to unite the people of the world in hope and promise found throughout the park every day."

View attachment 588912

Disappointed that the park that was mostly IP'less now includes 100% IP in its nighttime show. I am not sure I even need to hear/see this show to know that the original storyline of RoE was better. Don't get me wrong, the technical achievements of this show look spectacular, but the use of an "all IP" storyline feels as though it will lessen the impact the technical elements will have on the show. The uniqueness of the show story interacting with the technology is what made ROE so special and impactful. This show feels as though it is pandering to the rich so they will spend more money. It leaves me disappointed. I will pass final judgment when I see it in person and admit that I am wrong if the show in fact delights, I am not holding my breath though.

mattpeto

Harm has potential but some people won't ever get over the barges during the daytime or any IP involved with the music.

If the show is epic and well received, it will last a long time. Maybe they'll rethink the barges and move those suckers out. It sure seems the daytime fountain didn't work out.

CJR

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but they won't be roping off areas for the previews on the 29th and 30th due to dinner packages either, unless they put them up quickly. That could mean better viewing opportunities.

They might have some areas blocked for their own filming, but I don't imagine that it'll take up all that space the dining packages (and LL?) will.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Additional details -

"EPCOT guests gathering on the shores of World Showcase Lagoon are treated to a magnificent cultural symphony, dramatizing the unifying power of story and song. On this musical journey around the planet …
  • “Harmonious” opens with an inspiring medley of “How Far I’ll Go” from “Moana” and “Go the Distance” from “Hercules” performed by “American Idol” finalist and three-time GRAMMY® nominee Danny Gokey, along with vocalists Elisha Garrett and Ninet Tayeb.
  • The Ndlovu Youth Choir from Johannesburg contributes a medley of favorites from “The Lion King,” performed in both English and Zulu.
  • “Dig a Little Deeper” from “The Princess and the Frog” features vocalist Bryson Camper and legendary gospel artists Karen Clark Sheard and Kierra Sheard.
  • French pop singer Damien Sargue performs “Out There” from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame.”
  • Songs from Disney and Pixar’s “Coco” get a rousing pan-Latin sendup from award-winning Puerto Rican artist Luis Fonsi, responsible for several global hits including “Despacito,” and award-winning Mexican singer/songwriter Joy.
  • Disney and Pixar’s “Brave” receives a Celtic kick from GRAMMY®- and Emmy®-nominated violinistMáiréad Nesbitt and platinum-selling electronic artist, violinist and multi-talented entertainer Lindsey Stirling.
  • Musical selections from “Mulan,” “The Jungle Book” and “Aladdin” are highlighted by the vocal talents of Wang Liuqi, Hollie Hammel, Aditya Rao, Gaayatri Kaundinya, Jorgie Shkara and Sanaa Marahati.
“Harmonious” closes the curtain for each EPCOT day with the show’s hopeful message of the magic that happens when people join together. As it draws to a close, the inspiring ballad “Someday” (from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”) combines with the new EPCOT theme from composer Pinar Toprak to unite the people of the world in hope and promise found throughout the park every day."

View attachment 588912

It's a sleight to the Irish that "A Pretty Irish Girl" from "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" didn't make it in!!!

tnemgif

I have never seen Hunchback before therefore this is my first time hearing "Someday".

That was quite moving. I don't know how it will be compared to We Go On but if done right, I could definitely see it as a great close for the show.
I’m pretty shocked they’re using this as the finale. Hunchback isn’t a popular movie. It’s not going to click the turnstiles. But it is the greatest, most moving stage musical I’ve ever seen. I’m excited to see this!

Last edited:

Vinnie Mac

I’m pretty shocked they’re using this as the finale. Hunchback isn’t a popular movie. It’s not going to click the turnstiles. But it is the greatest, most moving stage musical I’ve ever seen. Especially given the political climate, I think this is a boldly appropriate choice and I’m excited to see this play out!
Coming from someone who's never seen Hunchback, I think the choice of song is an amazing choice for the finale even though this is the first day of my life that I've been aware of the songs existence lol.

And I agree with you, the song is so moving and is definitely very relevant to today's politcal climate. The song made me feel oddly similar to the way I felt whenever I heard "We Go On".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom