Rumor Heimlich's Chew Chew Train being moved to Florida? (Reddit rumor)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Screenshot_2018-09-03-11-08-59~2.png

Saw this on Reddit. Figured I'd ask our insiders if there was any truth to this

The Reddit poster went on to say his source said it would be going, most likely, to Planet Watch in DAK. Possibly with other Bug's Land rides or theming. Possibly just Heimlich.

@marni1971?

DAK1928

EDIT: The earliest I remember hearing about this was a fan campaign by Safari Mike from the Radio Harambe podcast (referenced in podcast and linked tweet). I haven't read/heard anything about it actually happening.

I do support the idea, however.

It has also been revealed that @FerretAfros had brought the topic up on this website's DL board prior to above ^^

Last edited:

sedati

View attachment 309187

Saw this on Reddit. Figured I'd ask our insiders if there was any truth to this

The Reddit poster went on to say his source said it would be going, most likely, to Planet Watch in DAK. Possibly with other Bug's Land rides or theming. Possibly just Heimlich.

@marni1971?
I think it better if the redress the train and fit it somewhere at Grizzly Peak at DCA- there had been rumors of a scenic train ride being looked at. This design is so compact I'm sure they could make it work.

doctornick

No comment on the rumor itself, but I've been a strong advocate of moving the It's a Bug's Land rides to DAK. The land is closing in DCA regardless, so the rides are being removed and DAK could use the boost in ride count and they actually fit the theme/vibe of DAK well. I wouldn't put them in Rafiki's though -- they should be towards the front of the park, like on Discovery Island (if there is enough room) or along the Africa to Pandora path.

Install Heimlich's, Flik's Flyers and Ladybug Boogie, add in a quick serve and maybe a M&G space and viola a new land on the cheap that adds needed capacity. Plus adding this child friendly rides would make removing Dinorama more reasonable enabling that space to be repurposed (Excavator?).

shortstop

No comment on the rumor itself, but I've been a strong advocate of moving the It's a Bug's Land rides to DAK. The land is closing in DCA regardless, so the rides are being removed and DAK could use the boost in ride count and they actually fit the theme/vibe of DAK well. I wouldn't put them in Rafiki's though -- they should be towards the front of the park, like on Discovery Island (if there is enough room) or along the Africa to Pandora path.

Install Heimlich's, Flik's Flyers and Ladybug Boogie, add in a quick serve (Fulton's?) and maybe a M&G space and viola a new land on the cheap that adds needed capacity. Plus adding this child friendly rides would make removing Dinorama more reasonable enabling that space to be repurposed (Excavator?).
The Bugs Land rides would NOT fit in well in DAK, IMO. Plus, I’d be surprised if any of the rides there have a capacity higher than 500/hour.

peter11435

Install Heimlich's, Flik's Flyers and Ladybug Boogie, add in a quick serve and maybe a M&G space and viola a new land on the cheap that adds needed capacity. Plus adding this child friendly rides would make removing Dinorama more reasonable enabling that space to be repurposed (Excavator?).

Flik’s Flyers will not be leaving DCA

doctornick

Flik’s Flyers will not be leaving DCA

Well, they are reskinning it for an Inside Out ride, right? That is my impression, which would mean that while the basic ride mechanics are remaining in DCA, the themed vehicles will be replaced.

It might be convoluted, but they could ship the "vehicles" of Flik's Flyers to Florida and they can use them with the ride mechanics of Triceratops Spin (assuming Dinoland closes) to make a new Flik's Flyers in Florida.

Kman101

Plus Flik’s Flyers is being rethemed to Inside Out and moved to Pixar Pier

I saw somewhere on the Disneyland forum here, in the Pixar Pier thread, that someone posted Francis was also being relocated, but not being re-used in California.

No, Fliks isn't being moved to Florida. But it's not like it couldn't be duplicated.

DinoInstitute

Yes they would (you just likely don't want them and that's fine, nothing wrong with that). Bugs Land would have been perfect for AK. Better than Dinorama Carnival. Bugs exist in the animal world you know?
The theme of “bugs” can fit in DAK, as evidenced by ITTBAB, but there’s no denying that “a bug’s land” would be a huge thematic clash with the rest of the park aesthetically. It would be fine separate from the park over in Planet Watch, but the quality and detail transition would be very awkward next to any other land.

JohnyKaz2078

Yes they would (you just likely don't want them and that's fine, nothing wrong with that). Bugs Land would have been perfect for AK. Better than Dinorama Carnival. Bugs exist in the animal world you know?

The Tough to Be A Bug show is in the middle of Discovery Island not far from the Tree of Life. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to see a carnival-style fair with some flat rides under it. In the extremely unlikely situation that this happens I would prefer to see somewhere out of the main areas of the park (in the style of Rafiki's Planet Watch).

tl77

Considering how short the Heimlich train ride is, and how small Flick's Flyer is, plus the fact that they seem to have way more queue area than they need for "Tough to Be A Bug" at Animal Kingdom, they could probably fit both attractions on Discovery Island under the Tree of Life... not sure I'd really want to see that happen but they could certainly use some more little kid friendly rides at AK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom