News New Caribbean Beach Resort table service restaurant announced - Sebastian's Bistro

Club Cooloholic

Jamaican Meat Pies? They couldn't just call them by their proper name, "patties"? I know small quibble. And I love patties and jerk so I really shouldn't complain. :cool:
Thats one expensive Jamaican Pattie(BTW maybe it's trademark thing since I think there is a company that sells them in the freezer section) Expensive looking menu, 10 dollars for the desserts? The end result of the Dining Plan. As for the decor, this does not look like a island waterfront restaurant and more like a mid level hotel restaurant in Manhattan.

mlw119

Jamaican Meat Pies? They couldn't just call them by their proper name, "patties"? I know small quibble. And I love patties and jerk so I really shouldn't complain. :cool:
I believe meat pie in this instance doesn't mean a simple patty, it would have an enclosed crust around it.. similar to an empanada. Just a assumption though.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Was hoping for a Paella dish on this menu! Anyone know where that may be served in WDW besides Bongos?
That is a cusine that is actually quite under represented in WDW IMO. While Spice Road Table has "tapas" most their items are non-spainish dishes. Food and Wine is about as close as you'll get to true Spanish food.

21stamps

That is a cusine that is actually quite under represented in WDW IMO. While Spice Road Table has "tapas" most their items are non-spainish dishes. Food and Wine is about as close as you'll get to true Spanish food.
Was hoping for a Paella dish on this menu! Anyone know where that may be served in WDW besides Bongos?

I’m actually happy not to see it on the menu, would be totally out of place.
Glad they stuck with a Caribbean theme.. I could make a meal of the apps alone!

surfsupdon

Nice review thank you. I’m excited too.

After a year at Riverside, our Senior Trip is back to Caribbean and we cannot be more excited.

On a side note- it says in Disney’s site ALL pools at CBR now have towels available. When did that start? They did not in April of 2017. Pre refurb.

Ramona K.

We ate there 2 weeks ago. You don’t order items off a menu. You have no choice. It is a meal served family style- no different choices for the children. The salad appetizer was delicious and the dessert, coconut, pineapple bread pudding was the best item of the whole meal. The main dish was beef - not very tender or good, chicken and pulled pork, which were fairly good. It was ok - overpriced, but that is a given.

castlecake2.0

We ate there 2 weeks ago. You don’t order items off a menu. You have no choice. It is a meal served family style- no different choices for the children. The salad appetizer was delicious and the dessert, coconut, pineapple bread pudding was the best item of the whole meal. The main dish was beef - not very tender or good, chicken and pulled pork, which were fairly good. It was ok - overpriced, but that is a given.
I actually thought $29 is a good price for everything you get. If you order everything you get at an a la carte Disney restaurant youre looking at $40 at least. Service is always good there too.

JoeCamel

I actually thought $29 is a good price for everything you get. If you order everything you get at an a la carte Disney restaurant youre looking at $40 at least. Service is always good there too.
That is a terrible way to look at things, comparing that price to an expensive price just means they're both expensive

Last edited:

OG Runner

I was at CBR in January. I ate at Banana Cabana and passed on Sebastian's. I was not impressed with the fixed menu, a number of the flavors did not appeal to me. The pricing was not that bad. It was mainly the lack of any options. The restaurant on a whole was busy
and I saw a number of people being turned away, when they did not have reservations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom