News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

Captain Barbossa

Posting this here because it was ultimately caused by Tron construction, and it’s been recently mentioned in that particular thread, but here’s a look at the completed track work in the yard outside of the roundhouse.

FCD485F2-D57E-4A44-B524-F1E42B627C4C.jpeg

If you zoom in, you can spot some temporary gates/barricades outside of the closed bays.

montyz81

since the Tron project it going to be put on hold at the end of this month, does that mean they will not complete any train work either? Will the train be closed for another year?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
since the Tron project it going to be put on hold at the end of this month, does that mean they will not complete any train work either? Will the train be closed for another year?
I believe that the outdoor track canopy is being completed so that the work on the railroad can be completed, allowing it to reopen. I would assume that all the outdoor construction regarding walkways into the attraction will also be completed.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Doubtful unless work risks the ride envelope of the train.

Or they could just scrap the idea and put the money more where’s it’s really needed.

Are they considering your last point? It would make sense fiscally for them. They can revisit the theme at a more stable point in the future.

Disstevefan1

Not sure if someone answered this but now that the Tron building is sealed and work has stopped am I to presume any railroad work is also stopped and the WDW railroad will remain closed indefinitely too?

Captain Barbossa

And unlike concrete I think they ride like wood

Synthetic ties are definitely the way to go. They’re made from recycled materials, they don’t contain the toxic chemicals that are extremely harmful to the environment that wooden ties contain, and they’re much more durable than wooden ties. Wooden ties normally last 20-25 years, synthetic ties last up to 50+ years. However, many railroads, including Class 1s, are sticking with wooden ties.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom