News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

yensidtlaw1969

It should be meeting safety regulations right now. Remember, the monorails were able to go through the Polynesian station while it was rebuilt. It’s also not the first time it’s been suggested that Disney doesn’t want people to see OSHA violations.
Now I feel like you might be misunderstanding both of us. I don't think their implication was that the TRON side had OSHA violations that Train riders might witness if it came though.

What *I* meant by "safety regulations" was just that they would wait until it was safe for the train to travel through the site with guests onboard. Which is basically what I think they meant. The Monorails were able to go through the Polynesian during construction, but that was also by design because they didn't want the Monorail to be down. Clearly Disney has no issue with the Railroad being down, so the TRON construction may not have yet reached the milestone at which it's safe to run the railroad through with guests.

lazyboy97o

Now I feel like you might be misunderstanding both of us. I don't think their implication was that the TRON side had OSHA violations that Train riders might witness if it came though.
It’s been suggested before.

bcoachable

Why would Disney want to help a contractor skimp on safety regulations? Disney is paying them to follow those rules.
Why would they want us snooping around any closer than the people mover?
I’m sure Disney does their due diligence- and the contractors too! But that one time that someones helmet was forgotten, and we saw it and reported it? Next thing you know, legislators are questioning Reedy Creeks ability to oversee things
;)

Andrew M

That crossing is long gone due to the construction, and unfortunately, I don’t think they’re planning to build a new one, though I hope I’m wrong.
Wow, I'm really out of the loop! Glad you're still paying attention haha.

Though there's no reason they couldn't just build a temporary one with ballast just to get across. The fact that they already laid out the rails in the tunnel makes me think they'd want to get the loop closed ASAP

UpAllNight

How on earth are Disney, one of the most politically / socially sensitive companies in the world, still pumping gas fired cars around their theme park in 2022 🤣🤣

Guess everything has it's price!

We care for the environment, but capacity is capacity. Meanwhile, please book a Genie+ to watch our show on the destruction of earth, Awesome Earth, over at Epcot.

JoeCamel

How on earth are Disney, one of the most politically / socially sensitive companies in the world, still pumping gas fired cars around their theme park in 2022 🤣🤣

Guess everything has it's price!

We care for the environment, but capacity is capacity. Meanwhile, please book a Genie+ to watch our show on the destruction of earth, Awesome Earth, over at Epcot.
If they cared for the environment the place would still be a cow pasture. That ship sailed many years ago

UpAllNight

If they cared for the environment the place would still be a cow pasture. That ship sailed many years ago

In which case can we accept that the aspirational message of Epcot that people pine for, which amongst other things, brought topics of protection of the earth & seas to the forefront was based on false premise, and was actually...just another theme park (Happens to be one of my favourites), but let's be consistent.

JoeCamel

In which case can we accept that the aspirational message of Epcot that people pine for, which amongst other things, brought topics of protection of the earth & seas to the forefront was based on false premise, and was actually...just another theme park (Happens to be one of my favourites), but let's be consistent.
Sure, it was all marketing but they used cool ways to do it. Now its just a food court

UpAllNight

Sure, it was all marketing but they used cool ways to do it. Now its just a food court

Disagree partially - I think it's a fun theme park. The food and drink is good too though, but who doesn't like those things!

The place needs more rides for sure, but I could argue that's the case for every Disney park in the world other than Disneyland.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The moveable planters have been removed by the Fantasyland train station -

1B37A2B4-D66A-444E-AC3F-B2B7C85D08CB.jpeg
161A2E60-6873-4988-9008-63272F735EF1.jpeg

Some work happening on the water tower -

E19402F0-B082-40E1-A40F-512EA0F90C9F.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom