News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

lazyboy97o

Seriously how expensive would it be to better theme the tunnels on the train route? there should be no visible banks of conduit in the Adventureland tunnel... you would think the Walt Disney World Resort didn't have a staff of creatives available...
In all seriousness, significant expense could be involved. It likely wouldn’t work out well to just try and attach directly to the existing tunnels. So you’d have to either build something within whatever small gap exists between the wall and clearance envelope or rebuild the tunnels.

Bocabear

There are all sorts of ways to screen the conduit from guests view that could be as simple as vinyl scrims, painted themed removable soffit panels etc...Just so it didn't look so obviously backstage... Things like that could be done inexpensively and at least look more finished...

Disney Analyst

There are all sorts of ways to screen the conduit from guests view that could be as simple as vinyl scrims, painted themed removable soffit panels etc...Just so it didn't look so obviously backstage... Things like that could be done inexpensively and at least look more finished...

Jack jack on a stick it is! 😂

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Walt Disney World Railroad track installation continues around the TRON Lightcycle Run construction site​

Walt-Disney-World-Railroad_Full_47497.jpg

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

Walt d

It could just be a phased thing. I don't think the general public has any idea about a Speedway re-theme.

Could always close again. They're not going to announce a re-theme in a blog post, they're likely saving it for next year. But just all a guess on my part. Of course she'd say "it will be the same attraction". In their own way, they aren't "wrong". It's still the same, it just may have a new theme. You can still ride around in cars on a racetrack speedway. You have to sometimes "think like them" ;) lol
Cant wait to see the trains new, route!

Club Cooloholic

The first Transcontinental railroad took 6 years, by hand, to complete. When will the Disney world magic Kingdom railroad be running again who the heck knows.
There are children that have been born, gone through their Thomas The Tank stage of love of trains, and moved on and this train hasn't been open the entire time.

Last edited:

celluloid

The first Transcontinental railroad took 6 years, by hand, to complete. When will the Disney world magic Kingdom railroad be running again who the heck knows.
There are children that have been born, gone through their Thomas The Tank stage of love of trains, and moved on and this train hasn't been open the entire time.
Reminds me of when Avatar was announced in 2011 during my College Program. I had just met a lady I took a liking to. We were married and had our first home and our first child turned 2 by the time Pandora opened at Animal Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom