News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

dmw

In the Parks
No
I actually think the Skyliner is pretty fun; I just don’t use it often as we don’t stay at those resorts and I’d rather walk between DHS and Epcot since it’s faster than the Skyliner and the boats.
how (where) do you walk between DHS and Epcot?

deeevo

Here

1643915744382.png

TrainsOfDisney

The sidewalk. JK :p

As the map posted above shows, you can walk through the boardwalk and along the canal that the friendship boats use. It’s a nice sidewalk that is quite peaceful. The path was a great place to watch the old Star Wars fireworks from as well.

The boat captains will usually ring the bell and give you a wave as they pass.

dmw

In the Parks
No
The sidewalk. JK :p

As the map posted above shows, you can walk through the boardwalk and along the canal that the friendship boats use. It’s a nice sidewalk that is quite peaceful. The path was a great place to watch the old Star Wars fireworks from as well.

The boat captains will usually ring the bell and give you a wave as they pass.
Wow! I have walked part of that area when exploring the Boardwalk resort, and I knew it would connect to Epcot, but I did not realize the other end went all the way to DHS. Learn something new every day. Many thanks to you and @deeevo !

EricsBiscuit

It’s certainly possible they have the railroad open again by October. The question is how fast they want to finish the track by Tron. I’m not sure how having trains running through a construction site could potentially complicate construction.

ToTBellHop

It’s certainly possible they have the railroad open again by October. The question is how fast they want to finish the track by Tron. I’m not sure how having trains running through a construction site could potentially complicate construction.
I don’t think the trains will run until large scale exterior construction has ended. But that could occur by October if they want it to.

Andrew M

I don’t think the trains will run until large scale exterior construction has ended. But that could occur by October if they want it to.
The trains will be completely enclosed in a tunnel, so theoretically they could co-exist.

However there is currently scaffolding placed ontop of the future track bed, preventing them from pouring the roof slab, so that will need to be removed before they can wrap up the tunnel. Figure 1-2 weeks then for pouring the roof slab, another week or two for track laying, ballast and testing, and they should be good to go. Of course that's only if they actually wanted to hurry.

ToTBellHop

The trains will be completely enclosed in a tunnel, so theoretically they could co-exist.

However there is currently scaffolding placed ontop of the future track bed, preventing them from pouring the roof slab, so that will need to be removed before they can wrap up the tunnel. Figure 1-2 weeks then for pouring the roof slab, another week or two for track laying, ballast and testing, and they should be good to go. Of course that's only if they actually wanted to hurry.
Of course, there were options throughout the last couple years to get the train back. It’s clearly not a big priority.

James Alucobond

Even if they don't complete the whole exterior first, I should think they'd want to finish everything west of the tracks. They're actually pretty close to achieving that, though. Just some more pathways to pour, a bit more trim to install on the front portion of the canopy, and some retaining walls to eventually fill with trees and other plantings.

JoeCamel

and installing/testing the AAs and fx.....
these things take time

Skywise

Steam exhaust issues aside... it'd be neat with all the construction changes over there that they could've run the train THROUGH the Tron ride in some way (similar to how the people mover goes through Space Mountain) - maybe even through Space Mountain too!

That's make for some interesting Spiels over the intercom. "We're now passing into the electronic frontier - watch out for bits, they like to hitch hike!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom