runDisney Star Wars Events

EPCOT-O.G.

runDisney Twitter, it’s probably one of the best Star Wars medals ever made. It’s that well made they really went out with a bang.
Excellent. Thank you! For some reason I thought they had shown the medals for the virtual half and it was a Chewbacca one. This is cool! Will go well with my Disneyland 2016 one (which was modeled after the medal given after the Battle of Yavin).

Surferboy567

Excellent. Thank you! For some reason I thought they had shown the medals for the virtual half and it was a Chewbacca one. This is cool! Will go well with my Disneyland 2016 one (which was modeled after the medal given after the Battle of Yavin).
That Chewbacca medal was last years virtual medal.

Surferboy567

When inputting my results for Princess, I noticed a couple of updates for Star Wars.

First off, all my races (5K, Rival Run, and Kessel) Lightspeed option. Have been updated and now have the digital mile markers for each individual race. Their is one for the 5K, 10K, Half, and Virtual Half.

This is in addition to the virtual bibs that were made available a little while ago. I am hoping we get a challenge bib as well in addition to the virtual.

No other bibs are available yet but I’d imagine they are coming soon. They have also added an additional box for those (like myself) going for the Kessel Run. For runners to submit the virtual half in addition to the 10K and Half. They aren’t open yet for submitting results.

Surferboy567

On Twitter, they just showed off a look at the 5K medal. It looks to be the same as the last medal. Very excited about this, double sided Ashoka and Maul.

Surferboy567

All Star Wars Racers,

Result submission is now live for the Rival Run and Kessel Run as well as the individual races. It does however to be be bugged at the current moment as the dashboard says I have 383 days (I think that was the number) to submit my results. Pretty sure that isn’t supposed to be like that.

Anyways, fellow Kessel Run challengers the way submission works is that you have three separate spaces to submit your results. One for the Rival Run 10K, Another for the Rival Run Half, One last spot for the Virtual Star Wars Half marathon.

I am participating in all of the races (Kessel Lightspeed, and 5K More Galaxy). Right now, my current plan is to run the races much like I did Princess on the actual days. Honoring the challenge as if I was there, of course this is up to how the weather is at that given time.

In the more near future, this Sunday, I plan on running the first of the events and Kessel challenge. The Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon, weather and conditions permitting of course.

GimpYancIent

All Star Wars Racers,

Result submission is now live for the Rival Run and Kessel Run as well as the individual races. It does however to be be bugged at the current moment as the dashboard says I have 383 days (I think that was the number) to submit my results. Pretty sure that isn’t supposed to be like that.

Anyways, fellow Kessel Run challengers the way submission works is that you have three separate spaces to submit your results. One for the Rival Run 10K, Another for the Rival Run Half, One last spot for the Virtual Star Wars Half marathon.

I am participating in all of the races (Kessel Lightspeed, and 5K More Galaxy). Right now, my current plan is to run the races much like I did Princess on the actual days. Honoring the challenge as if I was there, of course this is up to how the weather is at that given time.

In the more near future, this Sunday, I plan on running the first of the events and Kessel challenge. The Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon, weather and conditions permitting of course.
Yay! Yes! Will be even happier when live, on property, full on events begin again. For now this will have to do.

Surferboy567

Yay! Yes! Will be even happier when live, on property, full on events begin again. For now this will have to do.
Unfortunately, this looks to be the last Star Wars race. In person, or not so definitely want to make the most out of it. It is my first Rival Run ever.

I think live races should be back next year but who really knows. These virtual races are awesome for me since it’s my only way of racing at the current moment. Since, I didn’t have a trip booked when the races were supposed to go ahead.

Surferboy567

Today, I officially kicked off my first Kessel Run Challenge! This morning, I completed my 2021 Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon. This race was tough for me but I managed to get though in a decent time.

First off, it was hot outside probably one of the hottest races I have done. It also didn’t help I wasn’t dressed properly (I overdressed a little, which made matters worse).

Time: 02:45:21
Distance: 13.12
Avg Pace: 12:36

I started off too fast as well I believe. Running the first five miles in about 11:36-11:52 pace. After that I hovered around 12:20-12:40 mark for about another 3 miles. Did 13:02 mile once I hit Mile 9. Mile 10 was also a decent pace of 12:29. Once Mile 10 was over, all my mistakes were starting to add up. Those last 3 miles were extremely hard to get though. I pushed though and finished.

For the Rival Run portion of my Kessel Run Challenge. I plan on doing it much like I did Princess running it on the actual race day weather and conditions permitting. This was also my first outside half marathon since marathon weekend. Weather forced me to run my entire Princess on the treadmill. Anyways, Star Wars is officially upon us! Excited to continue to complete my challenge.

Surferboy567

Couple of things, when you put in your results for the Virtual Star Wars Half marathon. You can view your results as well as print your finishers certificate. One interesting thing has been changed under the Rival Run banner (the virtual half marathon result page appears to use the same one as the actual rival run but no one’s virtual half marathon times are tracked as part of the rival run) under the rival run banner there is an interesting message.

”Sign up to get notified when registration opens for next year’s event”

This tells us a couple of things. Their will be some kind of event next year, not sure what form that takes but some event is clearly happening. It also brings up a couple of questions in my head, is that next event a Star Wars themed event? Are the Star Wars races coming back in a new way? I originally thought no, but maybe their is a chance? Worth noting this hasn’t happened with any other virtual I have participated in which I have done at least one event in all of them since the races have been cancelled.

It appears runners in Star Wars have 376 days to submit their virtual results. I also thought this was a bug but maybe not?

Lastly, it appears those running the Kessel Run when downloading their finishers for the Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon part of the challenge have a unique design unlike the others where the design was the same for all the races in the challenge. I think the 10K and Half will probably be like the other race weekends and have the same design but worth noting.

surfsupdon

I just realized:

Next weekend is Star Wars Run Weekend. I never signed up to run.

But Ill be at the Dolphin running every morning!! Anyone else????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom