Refillable Mugs

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Only if you drink a lot at your resort. Mugs are $18.99. A soft drink (with 4 refills) is $3.29. A cup of coffee (unlimited refills) is the same. If you only consume one beverage at the resort per day, it is cheaper not to buy a mug.

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

Only if you drink a lot at your resort. Mugs are $18.99. A soft drink (with 4 refills) is $3.29. A cup of coffee (unlimited refills) is the same. If you only consume one beverage at the resort per day, it is cheaper not to buy a mug.

But only cheaper by $2.54, if you only consume one beverage at the resort per day. Seems to me an extra $2.54 for unlimited drinks for the duration of the trip is $2.54 well spent.
Suppose one evening you wanted a soft drink to go with that Sprinkles cupcake you brought back to the room for a midnight snack, that one soft drink now puts you over the cost of the refillable mug and you have four more nights when you might want, oh, I don't know, maybe a magic cookie bar and a cup of decaf, or maybe something to go with those Entemanns chocolate cupcakes.
Of course, we drive, bring our own coffee maker and coffee and buy diet soft drinks at Publix by the case, and I still sometimes get the refillable mug because I do tend to get a few refills while hanging by the pool.

Upvote 0

Leigh51

Original Poster
You get 4 refills on your soda in the parks?

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
But only cheaper by $2.54, if you only consume one beverage at the resort per day. Seems to me an extra $2.54 for unlimited drinks for the duration of the trip is $2.54 well spent.
Suppose one evening you wanted a soft drink to go with that Sprinkles cupcake you brought back to the room for a midnight snack, that one soft drink now puts you over the cost of the refillable mug and you have four more nights when you might want, oh, I don't know, maybe a magic cookie bar and a cup of decaf, or maybe something to go with those Entemanns chocolate cupcakes.
Of course, we drive, bring our own coffee maker and coffee and buy diet soft drinks at Publix by the case, and I still sometimes get the refillable mug because I do tend to get a few refills while hanging by the pool.
Oh I agree it can be a good value if you don’t have your own beverages or frequently visit the food court. I just know for us (or park commandos who don’t spend much time at their resort) it can be cheaper not to buy the mug.

Upvote 0

Bartledvd

For our family we would never pay for the mugs but it is always included with our free dinning offer we get each year, none of us are very keen on soda and the area we like in our resort its about 10 minute walk to the nearest machine.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

We get them in our package and have bought them whenever we decided not to get the DDP. We do use them enough to make them worth buying ands we add them to our Disney collection of mugs at home after the trip.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

Does anyone know if Disney is still letting people get a substitute for a drink (a snack item/dessert) at a resort if you have a refillable cup?

Upvote 0

Bartledvd

Does anyone know if Disney is still letting people get a substitute for a drink (a snack item/dessert) at a resort if you have a refillable cup?
Last september we were able to and we just kept asking random families if they wanted a treat on us as we rarely use our snack credits and as i have said above not fans of the drinks Disney offers so always had several available with each QS meal we did.
Worth asking beforehand just incase it has changed and like always some CM’s will have no idea about it others its fine.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

Last september we were able to and we just kept asking random families if they wanted a treat on us as we rarely use our snack credits and as i have said above not fans of the drinks Disney offers so always had several available with each QS meal we did.
Worth asking beforehand just incase it has changed and like always some CM’s will have no idea about it others its fine.

Thanks. I plan on getting an alcoholic drink with my meal since Capt. Cooks and the Oasis Bar & Grill at Poly have margaritas on offer and I have the DDP. I was mainly asking for my underaged son who would not need yet another drink with a meal if we were to eat at the resort.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Thanks. I plan on getting an alcoholic drink with my meal since Capt. Cooks and the Oasis Bar & Grill at Poly have margaritas on offer and I have the DDP. I was mainly asking for my underaged son who would not need yet another drink with a meal if we were to eat at the resort.
Wait, Captain Cook’s has margaritas?! How have I missed this???? Best news all week!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom