News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

ELG13

I wonder if they have done the cost analysis to turn this area since it’s already leveled in to more camp sites? Add asphalt loops, power, sewer and water and they have money coming in.
I was thinking the same thing...even before reflections. Add some more loops if you want more income!

mgf

I was thinking the same thing...even before reflections. Add some more loops if you want more income!

And/or bring in more cabins. Due to pandemic conditions (and into the future), I think a segment of the market is going to shift to wanting stand-alone units when they travel but are not necessarily going to camp.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And/or bring in more cabins. Due to pandemic conditions (and into the future), I think a segment of the market is going to shift to wanting stand-alone units when they travel but are not necessarily going to camp.
Perhaps...

...but you think Disney management is looking for more “less luxury” options?

mgf

Perhaps...

...but you think Disney management is looking for more “less luxury” options?

The cabins generally go for north of $300 a night. Seeing prices over $400 per night currently. I would assume the cost of the unit is low compared to cost per room in a new resort build. It could make fine financial sense. Not saying they will do it or would be inclined to do it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The cabins generally go for north of $300 a night. Seeing prices over $400 per night currently. I would assume the cost of the unit is low compared to cost per room in a new resort build. It could make fine financial sense. Not saying they will do it or would be inclined to do it.
I was thinking more campsites than cabins...

But if I recall...the overall plan after building this awful, unnecessary mixed use was to “upgrade the waterfront area over time with high end stuff...the “rustic riviera”

ELG13

Where I live we have a campground with "glamping" tents. Safari tents on a platform with Tempur-Pedic mattresses, mini fridge and power. So you can hook up a coffee maker and an electric skillet to cook and have lights and fans, but you still are camping, have a back area for a fire pit etc.

note2001

Where I live we have a campground with "glamping" tents. Safari tents on a platform with Tempur-Pedic mattresses, mini fridge and power. So you can hook up a coffee maker and an electric skillet to cook and have lights and fans, but you still are camping, have a back area for a fire pit etc.
Those are fun, the local girl scout camp offers similar accomdations for families.
I don't think Disney would want the man power involved to take down and store all the tents and accessories whenever a hurricane approaches. The trailers/cabins they offer now are much easier and self contained/protected.

castlecake2.0

I was thinking more campsites than cabins...

But if I recall...the overall plan after building this awful, unnecessary mixed use was to “upgrade the waterfront area over time with high end stuff...the “rustic riviera”
is there space on the shore of bay lake to keep expanding around it past fort wilderness?

castlecake2.0

That I don’t know for sure...I’m guessing they could if they’d like.

It’s been long rumored that they’d like to “upscale” the pioneer hall area

im so divided on that. My family has been staying there since 1972 and I love the nostalgia, but last week I ate at trails end and I couldn’t help feel that the restaurant had moved past nostalgic and was aging terribly.

ELG13

Those are fun, the local girl scout camp offers similar accomdations for families.
I don't think Disney would want the man power involved to take down and store all the tents and accessories whenever a hurricane approaches. The trailers/cabins they offer now are much easier and self contained/protected.
Ah good point. I didn't think about that aspect. It would be a lot to get them all squared away.

Love Ft Wilderness

I can't find any dates in the permit. This is not unusual, sometime these permits will mention dates, other times it will now. The permit still has not been approved, it's waiting for some more information from Disney.
Grrrrrr. I want them to get the project done and open up the trail before I get there in December. ;) Thank you for the update.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As it stands now…all the construction material has been removed and the permits were pulled.

That’s actually as “cancelled” as it gets.

I don’t think they had any issue cancelling this. It was a kinda stupid idea and they were more than happy to rotate to more DVC on the lagoon…which is what they want anyway

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom