News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Bocabear

I mean, seriously why not theme this new thing to actual Ft Wilderness...make it a kind of Frontierland Hotel and grounds... Add the train back and connect Ft Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge in a meaningful way...and let this property be the central entertainment and restaurant/shopping area for the Wilderness Resorts....and design it thematically to bridge the two resorts.... not another modern Marriott hotel, but something that feels like the Disney we all fell in love with... That is what people want... not another run of the mill hotel you can find anywhere....something unique fitting the theme of the area....

Epcot82Guy

I fear it will really impact the escapism/isolated feeling of both FW and WL. I know we need to wait for details/confirmation. But, I don't see any possible way a company creative at themeing could make that work ascetically - let alone current Disney.

I guess LA sprawl really can reach farther than we ever anticipated...

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
do they really think DVC demand is or will increase based on how things are going?

they just seem to think everyone will be getting in line to buy points for a new Disney Holiday Inn Express.... the joke's on those who buy into it though, Disney won't offer a free continental breakfast

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
A 150 foot tall structure that meets the aesthetic of Frontierland/Fort Wilderness/Wilderness Lodge you say?

tumblr_nlaq4r9hFk1rutr4uo1_1280.jpg

If it's anything other than this (or inspired by this) I will be highly disappointed (...I'm preparing to be highly disappointed... Unless there is a zip line from the top of the tower over to Discovery Island...)

twilight mitsuk

A 150 foot tall structure that meets the aesthetic of Frontierland/Fort Wilderness/Wilderness Lodge you say?

View attachment 818004

If it's anything other than this (or inspired by this) I will be highly disappointed (...I'm preparing to be highly disappointed... Unless there is a zip line from the top of the tower over to Discovery Island...)
looks like something at wwohp

Indy_UK

Has it been said that it’s going to be DVC only or is that an assumption?

They already have enough reports on sale at once although it seems they are happy to wait out the long game for them to sell out as apposed to what they used to? Maybe it’s because they know if 18 years there’s a bunch of resorts coming to the end of contract?

Disstevefan1

Has it been said that it’s going to be DVC only or is that an assumption?

They already have enough reports on sale at once although it seems they are happy to wait out the long game for them to sell out as apposed to what they used to? Maybe it’s because they know if 18 years there’s a bunch of resorts coming to the end of contract?
Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge was a planned Disney Vacation Club resort at the Walt Disney World Resort

Bocabear

so now that they built the Polyday Inn on the same basic design model as the original Reflections concept, will we have two of the same towers with the exception of some vaguely country themed details on the outside the way they did Polyday? or will this be a new design?...like the All Star resorts....same building, added theme elements depending on location?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom