New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

Magic Feather

It wasn’t really my style so I never saw it but I heard good things. I’m surprised it’s closing over mystere, i figured it would be first to fall.

Good to hear about the other shows.
Didn’t Mystere just get a refresh last year? I’m assuming that is what’s holding them back from axing it. Personally, I wouldn’t be sad to see one or both of the tribute shows head out.

Also, is the new Cirque show in Luxor still on track, Or was that scrapped?

Benjamin_Nicholas

Didn’t Mystere just get a refresh last year? I’m assuming that is what’s holding them back from axing it. Personally, I wouldn’t be sad to see one or both of the tribute shows head out.

Also, is the new Cirque show in Luxor still on track, Or was that scrapped?

Mystere got new costumes and a different lighting rig, but what's coming down the pike for that show is a lot bigger.

Luxor: It was Robert Rodriguez's brainchild, R.U.N.

It closed before the shutdown. Not a casualty of COVID... It just never found an audience.

the.dreamfinder

Disney appears to confirm that Cirque du Soleil's Drawn to Life will debut at Disney Springs in 2021​

So folks, which quarter of ‘21 do we think the show will open. For the sake of argument, soft opening will count as opening.

Im thinking late Q2-Q3, depending on immunization rates in Florida and WDW’s top out of state markets.

seascape

So folks, which quarter of ‘21 do we think the show will open. For the sake of argument, soft opening will count as opening.

Im thinking late Q2-Q3, depending on immunization rates in Florida and WDW’s top out of state markets.
It would make a great anniversary evening along with a dinner at the Boathouse and dive around the lake.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Tickets are no longer for sale on the CDS website for this. I have tickets for what was supposed to be opening night on 2/10 but I'm waiting for the inevitable cancellation/refund.

halltd

Tickets are no longer for sale on the CDS website for this. I have tickets for what was supposed to be opening night on 2/10 but I'm waiting for the inevitable cancellation/refund.
No one (Disney or Cirque) ever announced a revised opening night since the original in March 2020 (technically April for the official opening) didn't happen. 2/10 was simply the last day not cancelled in advance. It was never an "opening night".

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Just got an email about my February tickets. What I'm understanding is I won't get a refund until up to 30 days after my show date (2/10)? That's interesting...

Dear Cirque du Soleil Guest,

In light of current events, Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is temporarily suspending the performances of Drawn to Life at Disney Springs that you currently hold tickets for.

From the very beginning of the coronavirus outbreak, Cirque du Soleil took rigorous measures to protect its work teams and the public. Our priority has always been, and remains, the health and safety of our artists, our partners, our employees and our audiences. We will continue to monitor and assess the situation to determine when the show will open.

We look forward to putting shows on sale as soon as we have a confirmed opening date.

As the performance you purchased has been postponed, we are encouraging you to keep your tickets and contact us at lasvegas.customerservice@cirquedusoleil.com by Friday, January 15 to hold a credit on your account until new show dates are announced.

All tickets that are not held as a credit by January 15 will be automatically refunded within 30 days after your performance was scheduled to take place.

If you have any questions about Cirque du Soleil resident shows, including Drawn to Life, please write to lasvegas.customerservice@cirquedusoleil.com

We appreciate your support and thank you kindly for your understanding.

Cirque du Soleil
Your Drawn to Life customer experience team

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom