New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Got an email this morning that my Cirque tickets for what appeared to be opening night (11/5) were cancelled. I went to Cirque's website and the 1st availability for tickets is now 11/17 and I was able to re-book.

ALSO note: Cirque does NOT appear to be preparing for social distancing within the theater. There are no obvious seats/rows marked off on the seating chart. That is not good.

Don’t go...nope. I wouldn’t.

techgeek

I have ZERO confidence this show will open in 2020. I will only go if *I* deem it safe. I'd love to be there for opening night (I was at La Nouba's final show) but ONLY if it's "safe."

I haven’t been following, but I was under the impression going into the shutdown that Cirque basically imploded under their debt load and wouldn’t be able to survive in their current structure... much less open new shows. Have they gotten a bail out or been able to reopen anywhere?

Benjamin_Nicholas

I haven’t been following, but I was under the impression going into the shutdown that Cirque basically imploded under their debt load and wouldn’t be able to survive in their current structure... much less open new shows. Have they gotten a bail out or been able to reopen anywhere?

Bankruptcy for a company like Cirque is nothing more than debt restructuring. They are nowhere near dead.

As for their seating charts in Orlando, those will change. Give it time.

halltd

There is progress. The creditors have taken over the company and there are plans to get them back on their feet...and also support the employees.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Someone from Cirque actually emailed me after my twitter posting She apologized and said: (re: opening night)
"Yes, at this time it’s 11/14, however we do expect that to change soon.
As soon as I hear an official date, I’d be happy to let you know."

halltd

Someone from Cirque actually emailed me after my twitter posting She apologized and said: (re: opening night)
"Yes, at this time it’s 11/14, however we do expect that to change soon.
As soon as I hear an official date, I’d be happy to let you know."
I hope you let us know when you find out when that official opening date is. They never even said anything about the 11/14 date.

the.dreamfinder

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Got an email response from Cirque. All 2020 dates have been canceled and the soonest available currently is February 10th 2021

Edited @wdwmagic Steve - I know voldemort posted about the opening be delayed as well but mine is official from Cirque and this is their job title/email signature:

Stephani Lopez
SL-Internal Ticketing
Resident Shows Division

Last edited:

Benjamin_Nicholas

Got an email response from Cirque. All 2020 dates have been canceled and the soonest available currently is February 10th 2021

Edited @wdwmagic Steve - I know voldemort posted about the opening be delayed as well but mine is official from Cirque and this is their job title/email signature:

Stephani Lopez
SL-Internal Ticketing
Resident Shows Division

To be honest, this person is just a step sideways from a BO manager.

The timeline remains fluid for this particular production.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
And the Inside the Magic people are saying it’s a new permit and WDI is going to renovate the theatre now before the show moves in. How can people be so clueless? No wonder no one knows what’s real anymore with “news” being written by people that have no idea. Sigh.

The old permit ended August 31st, the new one was filed Sept 1, so clearly an extension.

halltd

The old permit ended August 31st, the new one was filed Sept 1, so clearly an extension.
Right? It even says amended on it, so not new. And wouldn’t they have been invited to the preview back in March or February? They should’ve already seen the show had moved in and was ready to open. 🙄

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
And the Inside the Magic people are saying it’s a new permit and WDI is going to renovate the theatre now before the show moves in. How can people be so clueless? No wonder no one knows what’s real anymore with “news” being written by people that have no idea. Sigh.

ITM is only barely a step above Tom's website....barely.

Mesmer92

In the Parks
No
Saw the VP of Disney Springs and some suits walking around Cirque today. Looked like they were planning social distancing markers and the like.
Thanks for the update! I had tickets to the original premier so I hope Lady Luck will be on my side again next year ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom