New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
😆 dammed if they do, dammed if they don't.
Pay full price then.
There isn’t much difference.

I think even in a place so expensive…companies are trying to “hold the line” on pricing. And I just noticed (anecdotal) that people I speak with who NEVER mentioned a dollar in years or decades are starting to make mention/faces.

This really isn’t a complaint against Disney/cirque…more general sense.

Companies - holy dividends be damned - seem to be holding on to their covid money spike in prices - even if much of it Is necessary to offset their costs. But the margin above it’s gonna have to go. Disney should be on recession price footing already. And it’s not that simple as for me to just say it - granted - but there’s a pure intellectual truth in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

eliza61nyc

Okay back to cirque, 15 bucks discount each on 5 tickets?? 75 bucks, and I'm firmly in the "every little bit helps" so yep, I'll take my "little " discount

Last edited by a moderator:

DisneyfanMA

I thought about this for one of our off days when we plan to go to DS for dinner......But my wife and I thought it would be just too much given the rest of our schedule. We truly want our off days to be OFF and we sit around the pool and snack.

That said for anyone on the fence or who has never seen Cirque my experience has been that it is a really awesome show and something the whole family can enjoy. If in 3-5 years we may make it back, and this or similar is showing we would probably go.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I thought about this for one of our off days when we plan to go to DS for dinner......But my wife and I thought it would be just too much given the rest of our schedule. We truly want our off days to be OFF and we sit around the pool and snack.

That said for anyone on the fence or who has never seen Cirque my experience has been that it is a really awesome show and something the whole family can enjoy. If in 3-5 years we may make it back, and this or similar is showing we would probably go.
I would definitely consider this show for an “off day.” What better way to spend an off day than relaxing watching a show?

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
After having tickets to the original opening night back in March 2020, I was finally able to make it to Drawn to Life last night. There's only one way to describe this show, BEAUTIFUL!! Holy crap, everything about the show is top notch and I was truly blown away. As someone who seen La Nouba over 8 times, I was very skeptical about Disney putting their hand in the Cirque cookie jar but those worries were unfounded. Michele Laprise was the perfect choice to blend the magic of Disney and the artistry of Cirque.

The set and effects themselves are worth seeing. The music was a little on the tamer side compared to La Nouba, but Benoit Jutras added a few musical nods to the previous show; I also counted two La Nouba Easter eggs. I wasn't sold on the vocalist just doing harmonies and such, but it translated so well in real life. The acts themselves were nice, too; I think the juggler was one of the best I've seen out of my 15 Cirque shows (usually they put me to sleep). Overall, if you're in town and are a fan of either Cirque or Disney, don't listen to the naysayers and get your butt in a seat.

Sadly, the show wasn't even close to sold out. I don't know what both teams need to do to better promote this stunning production but nothing should be off the table. I'd hate to see it fold in a few years because of poor attendance.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
After having tickets to the original opening night back in March 2020, I was finally able to make it to Drawn to Life last night. There's only one way to describe this show, BEAUTIFUL!! Holy crap, everything about the show is top notch and I was truly blown away. As someone who seen La Nouba over 8 times, I was very skeptical about Disney putting their hand in the Cirque cookie jar but those worries were unfounded. Michele Laprise was the perfect choice to blend the magic of Disney and the artistry of Cirque.

The set and effects themselves are worth seeing. The music was a little on the tamer side compared to La Nouba, but Benoit Jutras added a few musical nods to the previous show; I also counted two La Nouba Easter eggs. I wasn't sold on the vocalist just doing harmonies and such, but it translated so well in real life. The acts themselves were nice, too; I think the juggler was one of the best I've seen out of my 15 Cirque shows (usually they put me to sleep). Overall, if you're in town and are a fan of either Cirque or Disney, don't listen to the naysayers and get your butt in a seat.

Sadly, the show wasn't even close to sold out. I don't know what both teams need to do to better promote this stunning production but nothing should be off the table. I'd hate to see it fold in a few years because of poor attendance.
La nouba was never popular either…

I thinks it’s a combination of price, “off the grid” and just not the right clientele for cirque.

EricsBiscuit

I decided to wait to post my review for this until I saw the other show I wanted to see on property: the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue at Fort Wilderness. Having seen both, I definitely enjoyed HDDMR much more. Drawn to Life was weird. I’m not a very artsy person. I like classical design, not modern and abstract stuff. I was also expecting more Disney characters. The music was also very forgettable. Imagine having a Disney show with almost no Disney music? It’s funny how Disney puts their IPs where it’s not needed and then doesn’t use their IP when it would be a great fit. Anyways, the choreography was impressive and the actors did a great job. Having seen other Cirque shows, I fully expected great acrobatics and such. If Cirque used the same amount of Disney music as they used Michael Jackson music in the MJ show in Vegas, this show would have been a hit. It sounds bad, but they should have focused less on a contrived story and more on just showing impressive acrobatics with Disney characters and music. As for HDDMR, very enjoyable! Upbeat and ever so edgy. The food was great and the service was too.

EPCOT-O.G.

I decided to wait to post my review for this until I saw the other show I wanted to see on property: the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue at Fort Wilderness. Having seen both, I definitely enjoyed HDDMR much more. Drawn to Life was weird. I’m not a very artsy person. I like classical design, not modern and abstract stuff. I was also expecting more Disney characters. The music was also very forgettable. Imagine having a Disney show with almost no Disney music? It’s funny how Disney puts their IPs where it’s not needed and then doesn’t use their IP when it would be a great fit. Anyways, the choreography was impressive and the actors did a great job. Having seen other Cirque shows, I fully expected great acrobatics and such. If Cirque used the same amount of Disney music as they used Michael Jackson music in the MJ show in Vegas, this show would have been a hit. It sounds bad, but they should have focused less on a contrived story and more on just showing impressive acrobatics with Disney characters and music. As for HDDMR, very enjoyable! Upbeat and ever so edgy. The food was great and the service was too.
If they didn't use a lot of Disney music that seems like a lost cause. I was not a Beatles fan until I saw Love! in Vegas, and it made me a huge fan. Had been thinking about seeing this if we could score half price tickets, but that's looking like less of a likely proposition.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
If they didn't use a lot of Disney music that seems like a lost cause. I was not a Beatles fan until I saw Love! in Vegas, and it made me a huge fan. Had been thinking about seeing this if we could score half price tickets, but that's looking like less of a likely proposition.
There is plenty of Disney music in the show, just about every musical piece for every act has Disney music. The great thing is it’s just not a regurgitation of the soundtracks we all know and love. The composer has masterfully added the Cirque touch to the score to create a moving experience.

EricsBiscuit

Go to HDDMR instead. Cheaper tickets plus all you can eat comfort food = win.

RobWDW1971

Um, because it's not 1993 when this concept was new and interesting?

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Um, because it's not 1993 when this concept was new and interesting?
Cirque du Soleil is timeless. They're doing something right because they've managed to make it 38 years, even if they almost folded because of the pandemic. You clearly don't appreciate their beauty and artistry, and that's a-okay! We're not meant to love everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom