Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

mickEblu

Yesterday I was late and no one said anything. Today the CM at the entrance said I was late but almost in a joking way.

SHOW REPORT - carnival scene was in b mode - no physical balloon - was projected onto the screen.

And yes the neon “concessions” is still off.

I prefer the neon “concessions” with the two burnt out letters to being turned off.

yensidtlaw1969

I know Runaway Railway at WDW ran for a matter of days before WDW closed for the pandemic, but has anyone else noticed that Disneyland is having WAY more issues with the ride than WDW ever seemed to have? Not only have I already seen a ton of projection glitches on video, there's been audio out of sync, animatronics in B-Mode, multiple evacs, and an incredible amount of puckering at the seams on the projection screens for something that JUST opened.

It looks almost as if the ride sat untouched for a good while and that time wasn't used to work out kinks . . . which is odd, because that's almost exactly what actually happened at WDW, except they somehow managed to avoid the litany of show issues DL is having??

Vegas Disney Fan

We went this weekend and this may be my favorite queue ever, I could have spent an hour or two just looking at all the “movie props“ from Mickeys films. Absolutely fantastic.

We‘d already done the ride a few times at HS so no huge surprises there, rooms felt a little smaller at DL, tornado Room is better at DL, some minor differences but more or less the same, really highlights how location impacts a ride though because what‘s a solid but controversial addition at HS is a perfect addition to Toontown. They could have put in in any ride in the Chinese theater and it would fit just as well as MMRR but it feels perfect for Toontown, I can’t think of a better fit for that space.

TrainsOfDisney

really highlights how location impacts a ride though because what‘s a solid but controversial addition at HS is a perfect addition to Toontown. They could have put in in any ride in the Chinese theater and it would fit just as well as MMRR but it feels perfect for Toontown, I can’t think of a better fit for that space.
Totally agree. It’s hard for me to enjoy the attraction at DHS knowing they gutted great movie ride. At Disneyland i love it!

They needed this to be the anchor attraction of Animation Courtyard - the El Capitol in the shadows of the Chinese Theatre would have been perfect.

celluloid

I know Runaway Railway at WDW ran for a matter of days before WDW closed for the pandemic, but has anyone else noticed that Disneyland is having WAY more issues with the ride than WDW ever seemed to have? Not only have I already seen a ton of projection glitches on video, there's been audio out of sync, animatronics in B-Mode, multiple evacs, and an incredible amount of puckering at the seams on the projection screens for something that JUST opened.

It looks almost as if the ride sat untouched for a good while and that time wasn't used to work out kinks . . . which is odd, because that's almost exactly what actually happened at WDW, except they somehow managed to avoid the litany of show issues DL is having??

Rushed timeline to get attention before Nintendo was ready a short distance away.

waltography

We went this weekend and this may be my favorite queue ever, I could have spent an hour or two just looking at all the “movie props“ from Mickeys films. Absolutely fantastic.
Went this weekend for the second time too and the queue is the star of the show here. We actually got to redeem our LL shortly after RR went back up so the queue was totally empty, so we decided to take the full queue but on our own pace. So good.

Newtwo

Rode it this weekend....the lightning lane line was non-existent when we were in line...the regular queue was hauling butt compared to 2 weeks ago.

When we got in line the queue was out the door and we were on the ride 40 minutes later.

Opening weekend we waited almost 2 hours in the regular queue.

mickEblu

Rode it this weekend....the lightning lane line was non-existent when we were in line...the regular queue was hauling butt compared to 2 weeks ago.

When we got in line the queue was out the door and we were on the ride 40 minutes later.

Opening weekend we waited almost 2 hours in the regular queue.

Yeah, I guess opening day was just an anomaly but not because Disney did anything to fix what the issue was. The demand has just gone way down. I think the new 30-40 minute wait is where it should should stay and is what people are willing to wait for this ride. When it goes on Genie + it’ll get another bump and then eventually makes it way down to the 40 minute range again.

Skip

Really?? Every video I've seen has them not moving. Intriguing!

Just to confirm, we are talking about the physical flags placed atop the carnival facades beneath the Mickey/Minnie balloon AA? I absolutely saw them turn when the tornado arrived during my evening (just before close) ride - it stuck out as an easy-to-miss but immersive moment. (I am not very familiar with the Florida version of the ride, so this wasn't a case of me "seeing" something I expected to see after experiencing the other version.)

I did not notice them during my ride in the early morning, but I wasn't looking for them - again, I didn't know the effect existed at that point. It's possible that they are having trouble with the flags, and they are not activating for all rides (including some captured in POVs)? Can someone else look out for them on their next visit?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom