When are you going to fix that yeti?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Their main problem with the yeti is that they failed to fully take into account the karst geography under the yeti foundation. They have investigated various remediation methods (such as driving additional pilings) but unfortunately due to the heavy concrete foundation already in place, ground penetrating radar and other such flaw identification procedures are very limited. This is a safety issue, therefore, they don't have the ability to do anything within their dreams. From their perspective, they're just thankful they didn't have to shut the entire ride down.
You are funny. Or not.

yensidtlaw1969

Me personally I would like to see them spend the money on other things over fixing it at this point. I was able to see the Yeti in mode A long ago. I have also seen tarp Yeti, Disco Yeti, and a couple other versions as well. My most recent trip saw the version that has been around for awhile now (this past March). The thing is you fly past him so fast that you can hardly see him in any of the versions and out of the 9 people I have been on the ride with over the years only 2 of them noticed it without me pointing it out. If you went through that area a little slower I would agree with most of the fans on this site that it should and needs to be fixed. However with how fast you go through and how often he is even missed, I just don't see the point in pooring a bunch of money into it and this is likely why it has yet to be fully fixed.
People only miss him now because the strobe lights illuminate him intermittently, if you blink at the wrong second or don't look the right way at first you could totally miss him.

As you'll remember, with A Mode that was not the case. I don't think anyone ever missed that thing when it was hurling it's arm 20 feet straight into the air over your vehicle.

It's certainly worth doing better than what they have right now.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Their main problem with the yeti is that they failed to fully take into account the karst geography under the yeti foundation. They have investigated various remediation methods (such as driving additional pilings) but unfortunately due to the heavy concrete foundation already in place, ground penetrating radar and other such flaw identification procedures are very limited. This is a safety issue, therefore, they don't have the ability to do anything within their dreams. From their perspective, they're just thankful they didn't have to shut the entire ride down.
21aqbc.jpg

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Of karst they did...

lazyboy97o

People only miss him now because the strobe lights illuminate him intermittently, if you blink at the wrong second or don't look the right way at first you could totally miss him.

As you'll remember, with A Mode that was not the case. I don't think anyone ever missed that thing when it was hurling it's arm 20 feet straight into the air over your vehicle.

It's certainly worth doing better than what they have right now.
I think the best example of this is the on-ride audio that the podcast CoasterRadio.com did when the attraction opened. The host just yells “He’s huge! He’s huge!”

Last edited:

Phil12

No, you missed my point. I was talking about them not fixing the yeti like it was on day 1. Disney needs to rework that scene, re-imagine it. Make something cool, if anyone can its them. If the best they can do is what is there now, than all hope is lost.
Joe Rohde has given his word that HE will fix the yeti. We must be patient.

ctxak98

No. Animation was deactivated early 2007.

The reduced animation tests were done a year or two ago.
I know for a fact when I went into March 2007 it was moving and again early June of 2007. We all talked about how we loved the yeti and how real it looked. Came back in 2008 and it was shut off. So Definitely sometime after June it was turned off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom