News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

DCBaker

Premium Member
It appears, at least according to @ToTBellHop and the menu in the MDE app I just looked at, that adult desserts are no longer available for lunch. An odd change, if it's true. None of the dinner desserts appear to be things that aren't pre-made, for the most part, so why they wouldn't be available for purchase at lunch is puzzling.

I don't believe desserts (other than the kids menu) ever appeared on the lunch menu - they were only on the dinner menu.

See here from September 2021 -

pdude81

Desserts are on the lounge menu and they'd be glad to let you pay for them. I was there a few times this past week. Though technically in the lounge, I ordered once from the full lunch menu and I was offered dessert. Always assume they will take your money.

I saw people sitting at the bar facing away from space (mirrored view past cash register only), asking if they could wait ten minutes to order from the more expensive dinner menu. And this seemed like it would have been allowed, though the bartender suggested they just get lunch and then order dessert.

Also given there is a section on the overall menu called dessert, that may override all of this.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Behind-the-scenes video posted on the trading cards -

More seem to be on the horizon as well -

"We’re also excited to share that recently released trading cards featuring Venus, Earth and Mercury are just the beginning of this inspiring series. There are plans for more planetary-themed collections on the horizon at Space 220."

TikibirdLand

mitchk

Today

Attachments

• 370FCDA0-90EF-44E5-B53B-1DC81757CDCD.jpeg
    370FCDA0-90EF-44E5-B53B-1DC81757CDCD.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 263
  • FEF8661F-8B5F-4759-9351-495766CC2AC7.jpeg
    FEF8661F-8B5F-4759-9351-495766CC2AC7.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 227
  • C5DE483A-A718-4E6B-A4A7-C4ECE0FE20D0.jpeg
    C5DE483A-A718-4E6B-A4A7-C4ECE0FE20D0.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 215
  • E259C365-31BC-4D15-8613-C29326F319E7.jpeg
    E259C365-31BC-4D15-8613-C29326F319E7.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 260
Everyone is different but when I went I thought the food was fantastic. The atmosphere cant be beat though, easily the best of any restaurant I've been to.
I guess I’m different! Went over Christmas and was underwhelmed. The food was nothing special and the screens were ok but far short of what I’d hoped. I’ll hazard a guess that little kids—none in our party—will quickly be bored by them.

Lots of empty tables at lunch, which I assume was a staffing problem.

Worth seeing once but we won’t be in a great rush to go back unless the couple of family members who missed it push for it. But, of course, tastes differ.

CntrlFlPete

For those that experienced Space 220, how convincing are the effects? Does the view allow you to suspend disbelief and make you feel as if you were really orbiting?

the graphics are well done, I feel the biggest distraction was how the room reflects in the 'windows' the high-hats and purple light on the ceiling are just too present in the views of space:

sp220.jpg

TikibirdLand

Just do it! You know you want to.
Frankly, my hesitancy is the food menu. $55 at lunch and $80 at dinner is an expensive meal. The choices aren't... optimal... Maybe it's an issue of simple food for simple folks. But, I'd like to be able to get good spring salad, soup, sirloin steak and bread. And, I'd pay the $80 for the experience. Seems that my family isn't their target audience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom