News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Sir_Cliff

Wouldn't it make them seem a bit needy if every time Disney opened something, Uni Tweeted that they had something just as good?

Taking little swipes at things like the Harmonious barges or a Splash Mountain log submerging can be fun from time to time, but I think this recent joke shows why becoming so reactive to Disney is kind of risky as a social media strategy as they paint themselves into the role of the scrappy upstart to Disney's slick, world-class operation. Again, though, maybe that is a conscious choice.

dovetail65

I get it but to spend two full pages arguing over if a screen makes it a ride or not is ridiculous (which it doesn't by the way). I just want to know how Space 220 is. Is it hard to get a table before the reservations start? How long was the wait? How's the food? What does screens from UNI, Oh Canada, China... or wherever else matter in this thread.

Space 220 will be available for walk-ins from September 20 to September 26 only. Please note that reservations will be available––and strongly recommended––starting September 27. Reservations can be booked starting September 20.

Once we go in Dec I'll post how it went.

Last edited:

sedati

I was in a WDW forum yesterday where dozens were quite seriously lamenting the tragic missed opportunity of making it a Wall-E restaurant.

For those who have argued with me about why Disney is getting IP into everything when obviously no True Disney Fan wants that, I invite you to spend five minutes with THAT buzzsaw. :)
Yeah, dozens. Just like here if you really look at how many individuals are going on about any one topic. Yet they claim to speak for millions.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ummmm, yeah.
Do you mean a bunch of 50" TV screens?

1632625412206.png

Is that what you're comparing 220 to?

Dunston

Wouldn't it make them seem a bit needy if every time Disney opened something, Uni Tweeted that they had something just as good?

Taking little swipes at things like the Harmonious barges or a Splash Mountain log submerging can be fun from time to time, but I think this recent joke shows why becoming so reactive to Disney is kind of risky as a social media strategy as they paint themselves into the role of the scrappy upstart to Disney's slick, world-class operation. Again, though, maybe that is a conscious choice.
It got you to talk about it, didn't it? Then it worked 😂

Hawg G

The TV sitting in my basement from Best Buy says otherwise…
I mean, I have a 14 foot projector screen, and the test tone on my subwoofer turns my basement into a spaceship, so it's all relative. Funny how much the Diznoids will defend Disney for opening a restaurant with screens half the size as in the concept art, and not significantly larger than a restaurant their competition opened like 5 years ago, before large flat panel displays were really economical. Add to that that literally 90% of the screens are just black.

Of course Bourne shows what they can do now, so going gaga over the small ones in Space is a bit of a headscratcher.

But yeah, Space 220 uses "an amazing effect" as was said earlier.

Last edited:

Indy_UK

Watched a ton of YouTube Videos on Space 220 the last few days and I’m really excited to visit. Menu looks decent too.

Also like that this hasn’t been slapped with an IP which usually I don’t mind

J4546

looks fantastic! Cant wait to visit! I love how the cured projector...whatever technology theyre using for the windows gives things depths and a 3d effect and they arent just flat panel tvs mounted to the walls.

peter11435

I mean, I have a 14 foot projector screen, and the test tone on my subwoofer turns my basement into a spaceship, so it's all relative. Funny how much the Diznoids will defend Disney for opening a restaurant with screens half the size as in the concept art, and not significantly larger than a restaurant their competition opened like 5 years ago, before large flat panel displays were really economical. Add to that that literally 90% of the screens are just black.

Of course Bourne shows what they can do now, so going gaga over the small ones in Space is a bit of a headscratcher.

The screens aren’t smaller than the concept art. The windows are. Stop talking about things you don’t understand

Sir_Cliff

You're kind of forcing people into a corner by citing the flat panel TV screens in Toothsome as not only comparable but maybe even more impressive than the way screens are used in Space 220. From what I can see from the concept art and publicity shots, not even Uni makes that big a deal of the screens in that restaurant.

In reading through this thread, I've seen plenty of people mention things they preferred in the concept art to the final execution in addition to those who like how it turned out and are excited to visit.

LovePop

I was in a WDW forum yesterday where dozens were quite seriously lamenting the tragic missed opportunity of making it a Wall-E restaurant.

For those who have argued with me about why Disney is getting IP into everything when obviously no True Disney Fan wants that, I invite you to spend five minutes with THAT buzzsaw. :)
Disney can, can't they? It's just a screen, so they can show anything. Fly through the Grand Canyon, Fly through Mars, Journey through the middle of the Earth, the end of the galaxy, be inside St Peter's Cathedral, be Wall E or Frozen or on the moon, or the great coral reef. Where's the limit? They just need to come up with a good video or even just a HD picture. It's like Star Tours. The only limit is their imagination!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom