News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Incomudro

When did you see this vehicle to know what was done to it?
An electric vehicle on a smooth dedicated path moving under 15mph might not feel like a normal bus (a guess on my part). A bit of movement would be expected as we detach and pull away from the Halcyon. As would our smooth landing. Sound and rumbles can do a lot. Also, we'll be distracted as we meet our pilot and who knows what's actually going on during the trip.

It's certainly speculation on my part.
Based on what we haven't heard, and my general belief that Disney is doing things on the Chapek, er... I mean cheap lately.
I'm really disappointed, that of all ways to get guests from the hotel to GE, they chose a bus.

Incomudro

Because we all have extensive experience traveling in space ships that behave consistent with the technology and physics interactions as depicted in Star Wars?

I mean, sure, I head out in my T-16 most weekends. But, I figured that was just me.

We all have extensive experiences with buses.
They feel like buses.
Unless they are extensively modified, and we have been given no indication that these buses - drivetrain, powertrain, brakes, are being modified at all.
I'm sorry, but without doing that, you can't make a bus feel like it's flying.
It's going to feel like a bus.
All of that doesn't matter of course, if it's ground transportation on Batuu.

TimeTrip

I wonder how many folks will get motion sickness just from the transport given the assumption that there aren't any actual windows. Hopefully the trip isnt too swervy.

trainplane3

First this bit:

But more importantly....
img_7483.jpg

img_7484.jpg

*The filter went live so BlogMickey used a Chapek picture as a test*

doctornick

“We’re bringing a light-saber experience unlike anything like you’ve experienced before,” said Thatcher. Another thing she is excited about is how the decisions people make during the experience will affect the story as the experience progresses, even down to selling someone out.

And the great news is that Disney already has experience doing this sort of thing, since the "decisions we make in Batuu impact how residents there interact with you". Right? I mean, I read that was happening so I assume it all is occurring as planned. :rolleyes:

keyframe

We know there is going to be some kind of cabaret entertainment. One of the roles they were auditioning for was a singer. But yes, they would be fun.
That seems to match up with the concept art in The Art of Galaxy’s Edge. The piece on pg 242 shows what looks like a Twi’lek entertainer on stage in the dining hall.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Oh I wasn't suggesting Batuu should be empty. I'm just pointing out that as soon as you're there with a bunch of regular Disney guests wandering around wearing Mickey ears etc. you're going to lose the fully in character aspect from the Starcruiser anyways.

Although I suppose even that is dependent on the other people on the Starcruiser with you. They could already ruin it.
This can easily be explained by advising Halcyon passengers that they will see tourists from other planets in BBaattuu with them. One or more of those planets may host Disney Space Cruise Lines ship departures.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
And the great news is that Disney already has experience doing this sort of thing, since the "decisions we make in Batuu impact how residents there interact with you". Right? I mean, I read that was happening so I assume it all is occurring as planned. :rolleyes:
Maybe they're referring to the part about "selling someone out..."

flynnibus

Premium Member
You need a docking door on the Halcyon. Do you really need one landside?

For all the reasons I already mentioned. You are trying to control the full environment the guest sees. Nothing would deflate your hard work quicker then having the guest turn their head and seeing this as soon as they walk out the door.

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 10.01.47 AM.png

Which could be easily avoided by simply having the guests disembark through a gangway so they never actually see what they traveled on.

keyframe

The Galaxy’s Edge art book has several additional concepts that may shed some light on the transports. One shows the round escape pod looking shuttle we’ve seen in the officially released concepts. But it’s shown with the trust fins rotated down into a landing position and sitting on the ground.

The other shot shows a completely new transport. That one looks like it could be a bus or tram dressed up to appear as a luxury landspeeder from the exterior. It appears to roughly match up with one of the interior concepts of what looks like a bus.

Neither concept is shown docked on the ground. They are both on open air landing pads. Both are identified as “shuttlecraft” too, so take those concepts with a grain of salt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom