News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

GimpYancIent

meeting characters is a fun thing for the young and old to do. for the old, yeah we know its not really them but that is what makes it cool. we are meeing a physical representation of beloved cartoon character. its a fun thing to do at the parks.
Age has nothing to do with going to Disney. I enjoy interacting with characters along with my grand children. Yes, it is fun.

dmw

In the Parks
No
Disney will put some unfortunate employee in the suit and make him/her walk around and do nothing. I never understood why adults get so excited for costumed characters. Last year I waited in line for 45 minutes to meet Anna and Elsa. My wife really wanted to meet them. Why I don't know. Even my 13 year old son thought that it was ridiculous. When we finally got to meet them is was so strange and awkward. I didn't know what to say, cause your not who you trying to portray. I just found it to be strange. I guess its not really targeted for adults, but if the younger kids enjoy it then that's cool.
Why do adults get so excited for anything fictitious? I mean, Star Wars is complete fiction but a LOT of adults are totally into the stories as if they are real. Look at how many people argue cannon just on this forum.

Personally, I enjoy meeting costumed characters, and even dressing up myself. Yes, I know there is a poor CM in the costume pretending to be a favorite character. But, I also know the character is not real in any movie, book, etc. So, what difference does it make? It's just part of having fun, at least for me. I certainly can understand if that is not fun for everyone.

nickys

Premium Member
Disney will put some unfortunate employee in the suit and make him/her walk around and do nothing. I never understood why adults get so excited for costumed characters. Last year I waited in line for 45 minutes to meet Anna and Elsa. My wife really wanted to meet them. Why I don't know. Even my 13 year old son thought that it was ridiculous. When we finally got to meet them is was so strange and awkward. I didn't know what to say, cause your not who you trying to portray. I just found it to be strange. I guess its not really targeted for adults, but if the younger kids enjoy it then that's cool.
Next time your wife wants to meet characters you could always go and do something else.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"There should be no red EXIT signs. All signage should be in Aurebesh. If you cannot read it you deserve to die in any fire."

(there will be no pool to jump into for safety, as we've established)
Well, let them go ahead and use the exit doors. They all will be connected to rapid decompression chambers kept at 2 degrees Kelvin to simulate going out an airlock.

If it's not 100% immersive, it's not immersive at all!!!

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Opening spring 2022 at Walt Disney World Resort, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will be a two-night, immersive adventure in a galaxy far, far away that goes beyond anything Disney has created before.

But what does that mean, exactly?

To answer that question – and many more – we gathered some of the Disney Imagineers developing this groundbreaking project and let the cameras roll as they talked about Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser. In this wide-ranging discussion, you’ll learn more about how you can be the hero of your own Star Wars story, about your planet-side excursion to Batuu and how this new experience complements and enhances a visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and so much more. "

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

dmw

In the Parks
No
Oooooh... so many hints in that interview. I am soooooo excited about this!!!!
One hint I picked up on was the shore trip to Batuu and option to be tourists and "return for lunch". It sounds like that part of the story would happen in the morning, perhaps before the park (or SWGE) opens to the public.
And the hints about the ship prepared for whatever it might encounter in space... story lines tied to RoTR, the Kylo and Rae conflict ON BOARD... surprise guests showing up in hiding places... this sounds AMAZING!!!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Oooooh... so many hints in that interview. I am soooooo excited about this!!!!
One hint I picked up on was the shore trip to Batuu and option to be tourists and "return for lunch". It sounds like that part of the story would happen in the morning, perhaps before the park (or SWGE) opens to the public.
And the hints about the ship prepared for whatever it might encounter in space... story lines tied to RoTR, the Kylo and Rae conflict ON BOARD... surprise guests showing up in hiding places... this sounds AMAZING!!!!
Since a single transport (bus) can only carry a few dozen of the few hundred passengers at one time, I'm guessing that the shuttle will be constantly running most of the day, and you can hop on any time you want.

Giss Neric

What happens when you're already inside the Starcruiser but you forgot some valuables in your car back at earth, will they allow you to fly back from space?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Since a single transport (bus) can only carry a few dozen of the few hundred passengers at one time, I'm guessing that the shuttle will be constantly running most of the day, and you can hop on any time you want.
1627658788054.png

mmascari

I hope they have a transgalactic transporter available to help you do that...
Isn't there already a shuttle you take from your car to the ship and then back again? So you use it an extra time. Maybe the kids really love that transport and you ride between the ship and spaceport a dozen times.

Or, maybe they love the transport from the ship to Batuu and back and you just ride that back and forth without getting off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom