News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

GimpYancIent

This is a low volume product. Have you considered Disney may not even let people book this experience without going through a live agent? Where all this managing of expectations can be controlled?

The last thing Disney wants is whales showing up after dropping 5k and complaining they want their money back. Disney will be motivated to ensure booking guests know this isn't just their hotel for their WDW trip. The fact people keep stumbling in here repeating this just shows their personal lack of effort.

You mean like you can find people on these same sites that don't even know the basics like operating hours, or what FP is, or can't figure out when an attraction is down for rehab, or get upset that a bus doesn't show up on demand? Does Disney have problems with people publishing bad info on these topics and Disney is at fault for not correcting them there either?? No right?? So is it a Disney marketing problem, or is it just an indicator the person isn't doing this part to be educated?

In short.. you can't fix stupid. There are always going to be people too lazy or too selfish to get informed - so you're always going to have examples of people stumbling in to ask the obvious. It doesn't really tell you anything besides the Human race generally sucks.
1621783515871.png

FigmentFan82

Serious question: what would a "Star Wars themed hotel" be, in your opinion? I'm assuming you're not thinking AoA-style statues in the courtyard of a budget hotel. Are you thinking just bigger, with a pool, and not trying to pass itself off as a cruise?
see DLP's Hotel New York - Art of Marvel

FigmentFan82

This is a low volume product. Have you considered Disney may not even let people book this experience without going through a live agent? Where all this managing of expectations can be controlled?

The last thing Disney wants is whales showing up after dropping 5k and complaining they want their money back. Disney will be motivated to ensure booking guests know this isn't just their hotel for their WDW trip. The fact people keep stumbling in here repeating this just shows their personal lack of effort.

You mean like you can find people on these same sites that don't even know the basics like operating hours, or what FP is, or can't figure out when an attraction is down for rehab, or get upset that a bus doesn't show up on demand? Does Disney have problems with people publishing bad info on these topics and Disney is at fault for not correcting them there either?? No right?? So is it a Disney marketing problem, or is it just an indicator the person isn't doing this part to be educated?

In short.. you can't fix stupid. There are always going to be people too lazy or too selfish to get informed - so you're always going to have examples of people stumbling in to ask the obvious. It doesn't really tell you anything besides the Human race generally sucks.
mr caleb can't get past his own narrative and listen to actually reasoning. he's a broken record insisting his views are the dominant ones circling the web. why he can't fathom that any rational person taking 2 minutes to do a little research would be properly informed is astonishing. he seems to be drinking a whole different type of kool aid, the kind that makes you go blind

corran horn

We lived very near Disney (WDW) for years. Maybe I'm the aberration, but after going very very regularly you just see what's wrong with everything, what they haven't done, what they haven't cleaned, what's still broken.

I mean it's great to literally run to the MK just to get address label blanks from the Emporium and then leave, or go just to get a spot in the SW Millionaire during SW Weekends and then leave, but the juice was pretty much squeezed out of me by the time we moved away. I don't think I'd go back to that if I were a millionaire or w/e.

_caleb

mr caleb can't get past his own narrative and listen to actually reasoning. he's a broken record insisting his views are the dominant ones circling the web. why he can't fathom that any rational person taking 2 minutes to do a little research would be properly informed is astonishing. he seems to be drinking a whole different type of kool aid, the kind that makes you go blind
What are you talking about? I'm not insisting anything. I'm only sharing my opinion, just like everyone else.

At first, I was frustrated that people couldn't figure out what the Starcruiser was. I literally wrote, "It's not a hotel" several times. But over the last couple years, I've seen article after article calling it "the Star Wars hotel" and warning people that "they won't let you leave!" And what has Disney done to clarify all the bad information going around? Not much!

So I've gone from blaming the public for being ignorant to blaming Disney for doing a poor job of marketing.

Take your own advice and do "a little research" and see how many (how few) articles or videos use Disney's concept art but then call it a hotel and include some speculation on hotel/resort amenities that Disney has no plans to provide. Then, with "this is a Star Wars hotel" in mind, visit Disney's official web page about the Starcruiser.

And Kool-Aid is delicious!

SWGalaxys_Edge

Any inside leaks of images of this thing? I am really surprised we have not seen anything on this. My contacts on both coasts were all over inside picts for GE but this thing is tight as a drum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom