News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

UNCgolf

4 Three-Day park tickets = $1400 depending when you go
6x4 Disney meals presumably with alcohol included at at least 1 = $600-$800
2 nights in a deluxe hotel = $1400 depending when you go
I’m assuming some trinkets will be “included” = $200

So from Disney’s perspective we’re at $3800 in “value” before the entertainment upcharge.

A VIP tour starts at $450 an hour. You can see where this could get really insane really quickly.
I would not be surprised by anything up to $3K a person but i think it will be more like $1600-$2000 per person.

I would be surprised if it was as "cheap" as your suggestion. $1600 for two nights wouldn't be any more expensive (and potentially cheaper) than a room at a deluxe hotel. Of course per person is a big difference from per room, but there's also so many other things included as part of the experience.

From Disney's perspective they're better off charging something completely insane and see if it sells out at that price. If not, they can offer the same type of discounts they always offer. If early bookings aren't up to par, offer some type of Grand Opening discount to be one of the first to experience it!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I would be surprised if it was as "cheap" as your suggestion. $1600 for two nights wouldn't be any more expensive (and potentially cheaper) than a room at a deluxe hotel. Of course per person is a big difference from per room, but there's also so many other things included as part of the experience.

From Disney's perspective they're better off charging something completely insane and see if it sells out at that price. If not, they can offer the same type of discounts they always offer. If early bookings aren't up to par, offer some type of Grand Opening discount to be one of the first to experience it!
That’s based on a family of 4. As I mentioned double that price also wouldn’t surprise me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here within is a summary of rumored prices. (Bookmark it.)

First, everyone needs to be clear on what "Double Occupancy" means. It's a marketing device used most notably by cruise lines to make their rooms seem cheaper than the are... by half! "Double Occupancy" means that you will be charged at a minimum for two people in the room. So, if a cruise line says that the trip only costs $1000 per person (double occupancy), it means they will charge $2,000, even if only one person is in the room. They're charging the minimum of 2 (double occupancy) even if only one. So, whenever you see "double occupancy" per person, multiply by 2.

Second, when comparing the rumored prices, I will focus on the total of two nights. It's a minimum of 2 nights, so, cost per night is irrelevant unless you want to compare it to other resorts 'per night' rates. I will post the rumored total, and the final total that 1, 2, or 4 people who are sharing the room would each have to pay for the full two nights.

The Survey

One leaked survey asked people if they would pay $2,000 for the experience. This is where the oft quoted "$1,000 per night" comes from. But that's pretty cheap. The cost split would be...
  • 1 person: $2,000
  • 2 people: $1,000 each
  • 4 people: $500 each.

@Kamikaze claims that this is definitely a "double occupancy" case. This would mean the room for two nights is $4,000. The cost split would be...
  • 1 person: $4,000
  • 2 people: $2,000 each
  • 4 people: $1,000 each.

Jim Hill

@lentesta has said the Jim overheard at a D23 event that the total cost for 2 nights would be $1,300, plus $400 for each extra person. The cost split would be...
  • 1 person: $1,300
  • 2 people: $850 each
  • 4 people: $625 each.
Again, that seems too cheap, and again, @Kamikaze says it's surely "double occupancy." That would make the starting price for 2 nights be $2,600. The cost split would be....
  • 1 person: $2,600
  • 2 people: $1,300 each
  • 4 people: $850 each.

@Kamikaze

Don't know how Kamikaze knows, but their reckoning is the room will be a total of $2,200 (pitched as $550 double occupancy per night), plus $400 per extra person. The cost split would then be...
  • 1 person: $2,200
  • 2 people: $1,100 each
  • 4 people: $750 each.

That Other Site

The Unnameable Site claimed they got leaked prices: $3,300 for one person for two nights, plus extra for each extra person going up to $7,200 for 5 people. Doing some quick algebra, the cost split would be...
  • 1 person: $3,300
  • 2 people: $2,138 each
  • 4 people: $1,556 each.
That other site thought this was a good price because they got confused that "3 days / 2 nights" means you price for 2 nights, and not 3 days. So, they divided the total cost by 3 and thought $1,100/night was a good price! [Per night, this schema is actually $1,650 per night.]

Last edited:

UNCgolf

The $1650 per night number doesn't sound far off to me. As I said above, they already charge $1000+ for rooms at deluxe hotels. This is basically a deluxe hotel with a whole separate themed experience attached to it.

rreading

So LARP is not really my thing but I really enjoy SW. The money involved is doable but extremely pricey and probably better spent elsewhere.

But…if the John Williams music (or other quality themes) permeates the ship, I may have to sign up. Like the rest of WDW, I wouldn’t need BGM constantly; but more like the BGM at MK than the relative dearth of BGM at SW:GE.

On the other hand - if it’s just a bunch of folks playing dress up without aural support, I’m out

Incomudro

The $1650 per night number doesn't sound far off to me. As I said above, they already charge $1000+ for rooms at deluxe hotels. This is basically a deluxe hotel with a whole separate themed experience attached to it.
It's a deluxe hotel - experience wise - actually above that, but it's not deluxe accommodations wise.
The accommodations are cold, sterile, and hard plastic.
Usually when you spend a lot of money, you get a level of luxury, comfort, and opulence.
But because this is a spaceship, you get an easy to clean ships quarters.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's a deluxe hotel - experience wise - actually above that, but it's not deluxe accommodations wise.

Doesn't matter. It's about what you are comparing the spend on - not about comparing the product itself.

I've said this before... when Disney was doing it's market research it set the table with what whales do at Disney... stay at a deluxe, buy the DDP, spend on tickets, and other add-ons... and say something like Ok, you normally spend like 10k on your trip right... ok, knowing that, what would you be willing to spend on this that includes EVEN MORE and is an exclusive type experience?

If I recall, their survey response choices were obscene numbers... like 8-20k. I just remember my number in my head was well below even where their choices STARTED.

Nothing in the conversation was about value or affordable... it was all about comparing what a fully loaded top vacation experience is like cost wise.. and trying to tap that level of spending.

Disney was looking at top spenders.. and aiming even HIGHER.

Incomudro

Doesn't matter. It's about what you are comparing the spend on - not about comparing the product itself.

I've said this before... when Disney was doing it's market research it set the table with what whales do at Disney... stay at a deluxe, buy the DDP, spend on tickets, and other add-ons... and say something like Ok, you normally spend like 10k on your trip right... ok, knowing that, what would you be willing to spend on this that includes EVEN MORE and is an exclusive type experience?

If I recall, their survey response choices were obscene numbers... like 8-20k. I just remember my number in my head was well below even where their choices STARTED.

Nothing in the conversation was about value or affordable... it was all about comparing what a fully loaded top vacation experience is like cost wise.. and trying to tap that level of spending.

Disney was looking at top spenders.. and aiming even HIGHER.
I understand all of that, but still - many people who have a lot to spend want a level of comfort to go with that expenditure, that's why place like the Grand Floridian, or Atlantis deliver what they do.
Even the cramped cabins of a cruise ship offer a level of luxury.
I also understand that this is a space ship, so it needs to look like it does, and that the number of guests is small enough that it is likely to not have a shortage of those willing to do it for some time to come.

UNCgolf

Usually when you spend a lot of money, you get a level of luxury, comfort, and opulence.
But because this is a spaceship, you get an easy to clean ships quarters.

None of the Disney deluxe hotels really offer luxury, comfort, and opulence as is -- at least not comparable with what they're charging.

runnsally

I think the cost predictions underestimate how much WDW thinks they can charge for 2+ days of entertainment programming.

My guess for 2 adults, 2 kids for the entire experience…

Lodging - $1200
2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners - $1400
“Entertainment” - $4000

Total - $6600

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
At Bay Lake Tower Disney has convinced people that a smaller room than the traditional contemporary resort rooms that is in a separate building from the transportation and dining and with a pull out couch and a queen bed is a “Deluxe Villa” worth paying *more* than the standard deluxe room price for because it has a $30 microwave in the room.

I’m not sure Disney is worried about the actual niceness of the accommodations when setting prices.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
$2,000 divided by 4 people is $500 each not $400 each. Doubled would then by $1,000 not $800.

In each of the examples that refer to $400 per extra person, I assumed that would only apply to 3rd and 4th people, not to the second person. I could be wrong, but if the baseline is "double" occupancy, they shouldn't charge extra for the second person.
You're right. Will be updating the numbers.

corran horn

At Bay Lake Tower Disney has convinced people that a smaller room than the traditional contemporary resort rooms that is in a separate building from the transportation and dining and with a pull out couch and a queen bed is a “Deluxe Villa” worth paying *more* than the standard deluxe room price for because it has a $30 microwave in the room.

I’m not sure Disney is worried about the actual niceness of the accommodations when setting prices.
(looks around, whispers)

This is why I like OKW.

nickys

Premium Member
We were at DHS that day, and her son was not in a good mood. Chewy was especially sad.
Us too. At the projection / fireworks show that night there was an incredible emotional reaction from the crowd to whenever she appeared in images on screen. It actually sounded more like a roar than a cheer. There was lot of dust in the air that night I remember.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom