News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

UNCgolf

I’m guessing the whole experience is around $6000 double occupancy, $8000 two adults/two kids.

Yeah, I mentioned it somewhere above, but I think they have to charge per person because of the nature of the experience. I can't envision any way it would work to only charge for a room regardless of how many people are in it.

Rich Brownn

Yes, but it's certainly closer to doable due to far more limited guests.
I'm guessing storylines will follow one or two predetermined paths due to collective choices the guests make.
I went to a local theater group about 3 years ago that split the audience into 4 groups and took them into large wareehouse with sets and began the "play". The individual groups decisions would effects every other group and the scenario. Apparently the number of variations was quite large (we sucked, btw. The bad guys won in our version). It was amazing and by the halfway point people were really into it. Like, acting like this was all real into it. It was an amazing experience and - most of all - easily repeatable especially with the different groups and the unpredictable outcome. Now I am sure Disney would never let the bad guys win - but if a theater group with limited funding can do something like that .....

UNCgolf

I went to a local theater group about 3 years ago that split the audience into 4 groups and took them into large wareehouse with sets and began the "play". The individual groups decisions would effects every other group and the scenario. Apparently the number of variations was quite large (we sucked, btw. The bad guys won in our version). It was amazing and by the halfway point people were really into it. Like, acting like this was all real into it. It was an amazing experience and - most of all - easily repeatable especially with the different groups and the unpredictable outcome. Now I am sure Disney would never let the bad guys win - but if a theater group with limited funding can do something like that .....

How many people were involved, though? I'm guessing the groups were pretty small. Beyond that, it was probably over a couple of hours instead of two days.

I don't think that's really comparable to what Disney would have to do to pull off something similar on the Starcruiser. I don't think there's any chance it's that complex.

UNCgolf

And I’m sure there will be plenty of upcharge opportunities, merch, booze, etc.

I actually don't think there will be any upcharge opportunities -- at least at first. I think it would be pretty bad PR to charge people what they're going to charge for an immersive experience, and then tell them to get the full immersive experience, you need to pay even more.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some added down the line but I expect they'll make it a fully inclusive one price experience to start (other than merch and booze like you mentioned; I'm sure there will be opportunities to spend more money on that type of thing).

nickys

Premium Member
How many people were involved, though? I'm guessing the groups were pretty small. Beyond that, it was probably over a couple of hours instead of two days.

I don't think that's really comparable to what Disney would have to do to pull off something similar on the Starcruiser. I don't think there's any chance it's that complex.
There are only 100 rooms, so 400 people in total for each “voyage”. Don’t see why it’s not do-able.

There’s a planetarium-type attraction near me that runs shows about the environment. At certain points it asks the audience to vote for a choice. Depending on how the audience votes, you then see the impact of that choice. Same could be done here.

UNCgolf

There are only 100 rooms, so 400 people in total for each “voyage”. Don’t see why it’s not do-able.

There’s a planetarium-type attraction near me that runs shows about the environment. At certain points it asks the audience to vote for a choice. Depending on how the audience votes, you then see the impact of that choice. Same could be done here.

Right, I'm not arguing that. That's exactly what I expect to happen. There will be some choices here and there.

That's not how they're marketing it, though, which is my point. They're marketing it like every single person is going to have a unique experience specifically tailored to them and not something done by majority or something similar. There's no chance that happens.

nickys

Premium Member
Right, I'm not arguing that. That's exactly what I expect to happen. There will be some choices here and there.

That's not how they're marketing it, though, which is my point. They're marketing it like every single person is going to have a unique experience specifically tailored to them and not something done by majority or something similar. There's no chance that happens.
I think they mean that everyone can do different things, you won’t be forced to do A then B then C and then D. You can choose to go to the bridge and join the battle or go down to the engineering room or take light sabre class. That’s how it’s tailored to you, by your choices.

UNCgolf

I think they mean that everyone can do different things, you won’t be forced to do A then B then C and then D. You can choose to go to the bridge and join the battle or go down to the engineering room or take light sabre class. That’s how it’s tailored to you, by your choices.

I also agree, but that's still my point.

They're overselling it in a way they don't need to. There's no reason to put something out there that even implies it's going to be more than what it is. There's no upside; only downside.

It's the same thing they did with Galaxy's Edge. Part of the GE problem was due to cutting things they'd announced, but they still kept referring to "live your own story" like it was going to be something fundamentally different than any other theme park land as opposed to just having a few small things here and there.

Not that I'm suggesting the Starcruiser and GE are going to be the same -- I expect the Starcruiser to be much closer to what they hinted GE would be.

ImperfectPixie

I also agree, but that's still my point.

They're overselling it in a way they don't need to. There's no reason to put something out there that even implies it's going to be more than what it is. There's no upside; only downside.

It's the same thing they did with Galaxy's Edge. Part of the GE problem was due to cutting things they'd announced, but they still kept referring to "live your own story" like it was going to be something fundamentally different than any other theme park land as opposed to just having a few small things here and there.

Not that I'm suggesting the Starcruiser and GE are going to be the same -- I expect the Starcruiser to be much closer to what they hinted GE would be.
Always under promise and over deliver.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

1620328123257.png

Your destiny
lies not on a path,
but in your choices.

1620328241116.png

good job, nerds
you figured it out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom