News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

drnilescrane

I've never heard anyone say "I'm not going to Disney because they won't let me drink in their pools."
Now you have. I'm a local - I'm booking staycations. Not the target market I know but stupid rules like that are indicative of a larger culture problem within Disney's hotel operation.

The Four Seasons is often cheaper than Disney's properties and *so much better*.

Ripken10

Now you have. I'm a local - I'm booking staycations. Not the target market I know but stupid rules like that are indicative of a larger culture problem within Disney's hotel operation.

The Four Seasons is often cheaper than Disney's properties and *so much better*.
You would actually be surprised, more pools then you think have the rule no alcohol allowed in them. It is just many are very lightly if at all enforced. It's a liability issue.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wonder why this part of the building still hasn't gotten a roof?
1614996436455.png

UNCgolf

It's not even close. It's 5x better in every single regard minus, maybe, monorail access.

And monorail access is only possible in three hotels, two of which are at the bottom of the list of deluxes IMO.

I've never seen the Four Seasons available for cheaper than a Disney deluxe, though. The nightly rate at the Four Seasons is often well over $1000 per night.

TrojanUSC

And monorail access is only possible in three hotels, two of which are at the bottom of the list of deluxes IMO.

I've never seen the Four Seasons available for cheaper than a Disney deluxe, though. The nightly rate at the Four Seasons is often well over $1000 per night.

Four Seasons is often available cheaper than Disney deluxe hotels, but it has a much higher ceiling during peak times.

During off-peak times its about $600/night and you can often get a 4th night free promo to bring it even cheaper.

Incomudro

TSA scanner/sanitizer that rotates along the celling around you. Have to be very careful in interspace travel to keep germ transfer to zero.

I'm most curious to see how they are going to pull off that shuttle trip, and mask the feeling that riders are on a bus.
Engine sounds, the feel of braking and turning...

JoeCamel

I'm most curious to see how they are going to pull off that shuttle trip, and mask the feeling that riders are on a bus.
Electric bus and noise/screenz to keep your senses busy. Maybe they put you in suspended animation (disney right?) for transport so it seems just a blink of an eye to travel. Could even do a custom ride profile with the suspension so it masks/changes the sensations of a normal bus. Depends on how much they got the green light for.

Incomudro

Ele
Electric bus and noise/screenz to keep your senses busy. Maybe they put you in suspended animation (disney right?) for transport so it seems just a blink of an eye to travel. Could even do a custom ride profile with the suspension so it masks/changes the sensations of a normal bus. Depends on how much they got the green light for.
Electric would definitely be the way to go - I can't see them pulling this off convincingly if they don't.
I really think they should have ran a track of some type, but I guess they didn't due to costs.
I want this to be amazing, but I struggle with the execution.

Movielover

A combination of screens, sound and reduction of the bus noises can be very convincing. I also bet that the footage we are seeing will somehow ”mimic” the movement of the bus, sorta like how the ITS shuttle for Rise works, where if you notice on take off it moves in a shallow circle out of the base to match the motion of the turntable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom