News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm all for floating in a pool surrounded by alien flora and nebula projections. But at the rumored price point and limited time there, it might feel like I'm wasting $ spent in water.
If you take the cost of the stay and divide it by 26 waking hours, It'll only cost you about $80 (or much more) an hour per person to use the pool.

Imagine if a family of four approached a pool in any other Disney hotel and was asked "How long will you be using the pool?" and they say "about 2 hours." Then the CM says, "That will cost you $650."

Every person in this thread going back to the beginning that has ever said, "I'll just stay in my room. I'll take a trip to Disney Springs or the MK. I'll just sit in the bar. I'll just stay by the pool." must have huge mounds of money to burn.

Bocabear

Seems like most people use the pool when the day is over...In the evenings after walking all day it is a lovely thing to do. How long can you play Star Wars without some intergalactic leisure time? Wander over to Q Deck and have a dip in the Nebula Pool... The bar there is open late...Relax before you retire to your cabin... Seems like both a money maker and would add a relaxing and fun non "shoot-em-up" type activity to the immersive experience...A 2 or three day experience cannot be about battle, violence, war and death the whole time...

dmw

In the Parks
No
Seems like most people use the pool when the day is over...In the evenings after walking all day it is a lovely thing to do. How long can you play Star Wars without some intergalactic leisure time? Wander over to Q Deck and have a dip in the Nebula Pool... The bar there is open late...Relax before you retire to your cabin... Seems like both a money maker and would add a relaxing and fun non "shoot-em-up" type activity to the immersive experience...A 2 or three day experience cannot be about battle, violence, war and death the whole time...

I think you are overestimating the amount of free time that will exist on this very short cruise.

Touchdown

Also Space is quiet as it’s a vacuum. If you were in a pool out in space you would expect silence.

Indoor Pools require massive air circulation as chlorine gas is toxic if it builds up too much in the air. That’s why if you’ve ever been in an indoor pool you hear the loud wailing of fans. This is true in indoor water rides too, which is why all of them at Disney have loud music to mask that wail. That’s fine on a ride, but you don’t want the bgm to be so loud you can’t engage in small talk. So you presented with an impossible immersion breaking problem (loud fans) that has no solution.

Bocabear

It is not even about how much time you would spend in the pool, but if it was a unique experience...a pool in outer space, people WOULD use it...and I am thinking of more of a diversion aside from violence and battle... Is there any light-hearted fun, or is it all aggressive role play and destruction? Some people could go to The Bridge and shoot at space ships, others could spend a little down time from the action at an intergalactic hyperspace Pool deck for a break... I think it would have been a smart idea to add that to the experience.

Touchdown

It is not even about how much time you would spend in the pool, but if it was a unique experience...a pool in outer space, people WOULD use it...and I am thinking of more of a diversion aside from violence and battle... Is there any light-hearted fun, or is it all aggressive role play and destruction? Some people could go to The Bridge and shoot at space ships, others could spend a little down time from the action at an intergalactic hyperspace Pool deck for a break... I think it would have been a smart idea to add that to the experience.
Pretty sure that your nights are going to have parties and cocktails. A bar makes Disney more money then a pool.

Bocabear

Pretty sure that your nights are going to have parties and cocktails. A bar makes Disney more money then a pool.
Trust me, I spend plenty of time at Disney bars... and I am not thinking specifically me, but if the parks are closed, The Bridge and other experiences are packed, wouldn't it be nice to have one thing to do that is not violence based...just relaxing and taking in the atmosphere without pew-pew-pew.... If it includes floating in a pool with a cocktail, I am all in...

nickys

Premium Member
Trust me, I spend plenty of time at Disney bars... and I am not thinking specifically me, but if the parks are closed, The Bridge and other experiences are packed, wouldn't it be nice to have one thing to do that is not violence based...just relaxing and taking in the atmosphere without pew-pew-pew.... If it includes floating in a pool with a cocktail, I am all in...
I don’t see them allowing you to drink a cocktail in a pool - albeit there isn’t a pool of course.

Disney don’t allow you to drink in any of their pools.

Bocabear

I don’t see them allowing you to drink a cocktail in a pool - albeit there isn’t a pool of course.

Trifling point... and "doesn't" is the word., but OK I could keep the cocktail at my chair, but I know I have had a cocktail in the pool at Disney before... Maybe I just wasn't caught...lol

GimpYancIent

There can be pew pew pew in the pool also or aquatic denizens studying the outworlders. Hell make the whole thing an intergalactic hot tub! I really do not see a pool enhancing the experience in any way, if, my objective is to soak in a pool and suck down alcoholic adult beverages I would not go on the Star Wars Galactic Cruiser experience.

drnilescrane

Which is really, really frustrating. It's a rule that doesn't seem to be grounded in any sort of purpose and is a major motivator for booking away from Disney.

michmousefan

It's OK to not have a pool. If they had an indoor one, even with all of the effects and poolside galacto-cocktails, there's likely to be a chunk of people who would complain "you built an indoor pool in FLORIDA?" Why can't I just sit outside in the sun?

Again, the marketing folks have a task ahead of them in explaining what this experience encompasses; the concept to date of relying on "Cruise" nomenclature is a good first step in that direction.

raymusiccity

As a matter of fact, you can have fun swimming some laps at our Pool on Deck 2 !
pool.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom