News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

UNCgolf

How many times does the average guest use the hotel pool over the length of their vacation? Since this hotel will only represent two days out of your vacation, there is still plenty of time to enjoy the pool at the hotel you transfer to.

Also, this hotel is going to have a fraction of the number of guests of any other Disney hotel. It's a boutique experience by design. What's the point of having a pool when there would likely only be 20-30 people max ever using it on any given day, especially since having a pool at all would probably detract from the themed experience?

I've never once used a Disney pool, even when I was a kid. I can go to a pool anywhere; feels like a waste of time while at Disney World. Obviously not everyone feels that way, but it's not like I'm some bizarre outlier. I would not be surprised if 50% or more of Disney guests don't use the pools.

J4546

Also, this hotel is going to have a fraction of the number of guests of any other Disney hotel. It's a boutique experience by design. What's the point of having a pool when there would likely only be 20-30 people max ever using it on any given day, especially since having a pool at all would probably detract from the themed experience?

I've never once used a Disney pool, even when I was a kid. I can go to a pool anywhere; feels like a waste of time while at Disney World. Obviously not everyone feels that way, but it's not like I'm some bizarre outlier. I would not be surprised if 50% or more of Disney guests don't use the pools.
Because the pool would be set in a room with giant windows on the ceiling/walls looking out into space and if done well could be one of the best parts of the experience imo.

But watevs, its not something Im gonna be doing anytime soon regardless

UNCgolf

Because the pool would be set in a room with giant windows on the ceiling/walls looking out into space and if done well could be one of the best parts of the experience imo.

But watevs, its not something Im gonna be doing anytime soon regardless

Building something like that would be cool, but it would also be incredibly expensive. Considering how lightly used it would be (there would likely be days where not a single person used the pool just by virtue of the small number of guests), it just wouldn't make much fiscal sense.

GimpYancIent

Building something like that would be cool, but it would also be incredibly expensive. Considering how lightly used it would be (there would likely be days where not a single person used the pool just by virtue of the small number of guests), it just wouldn't make much fiscal sense.
I am surprised with all the concerns about a pool? I would imagine there would be a greater interest in the projected interactive dining experience while on board Halcyon. Something that at one time was to be part of Galaxy's Edge but did not happen then forecasted to be part of Star Wars Galactic Cruiser experience.

UNCgolf

I am surprised with all the concerns about a pool? I would imagine there would be a greater interest in the projected interactive dining experience while on board Halcyon. Something that at one time was to be part of Galaxy's Edge but did not happen then forecasted to be part of Star Wars Galactic Cruiser experience.

Me too.

I think too many people are still thinking of it as a standard Disney resort with a Star Wars theme and not really grasping the overall concept. They also seem unaware of how small it actually is.

durangojim

Any speculation on how much time a guest will actually be spending in the hotel for those 2 nights? If it’s like a cruise then I could see not being able to access the rooms until 12 and having to depart the ship by 8am or check in at 3 and leave at 11. Either way it seems like it will be less than 48 hours.

_caleb

This thing should have an indoor zero g pool.. or maybe just some bacta tanks like in the SW verse. They could be used as regenerating pods (i.e. spa treatments).
Also, I'm not sure why people don't seem to get the "game" aspect of the Starcruiser experience. There won't be a lot of downtime during the one and 2-half day duration of the experience. There will be assignments, games to play, puzzles to work out, missions to go on, meals that are shows, etc. to keep guests busy during the first and third days, and SW:GE on the second day. It's not a hotel themed to Star Wars, it's a cruise in the Star Wars universe.

Star Wars swimming pool:
View attachment 504751

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Any speculation on how much time a guest will actually be spending in the hotel for those 2 nights? If it’s like a cruise then I could see not being able to access the rooms until 12 and having to depart the ship by 8am or check in at 3 and leave at 11. Either way it seems like it will be less than 48 hours.
I'm guessing 3p - - 11a. So yes, a few hours less than two full days.

That's why everyone should be using the terminology that hotels and cruises use: counting by number of nights. It's a two-night cruise: half-day with one night, full-day with the second night, half-day and leave. That's two nights.

Calling it "three days," like some vlog sites do, only creates confusion.

flynnibus

Premium Member

And you have your half or 3/4 day at batuu as well.

Presumably check in day will include some sort of departure activities... with evening events like the dinner show probably the big anchor of the day. day 2 would be batuu for the big anchor probably surrounded by adhoc activities and “choose your adventure” kind of stuff. Check out day is probably more staging with some ability to revisit stuff before departure.

Then stagger the hotel into two groups... so group 1 is on day 1... group 2 is on day 2. They would probably sacrifice the story continuity here for operational capacity.

I’m disappointed that its only two nights. I think that is too short when you include batuu.

dmw

In the Parks
No
I'm guessing 3p - - 11a. So yes, a few hours less than two full days.

That's why everyone should be using the terminology that hotels and cruises use: counting by number of nights. It's a two-night cruise: half-day with one night, full-day with the second night, half-day and leave. That's two nights.

Calling it "three days," like some vlog sites do, only creates confusion.
Continuing with the cruise thinking... There must be some point where the shuttles from the port to the ship end, and the ship departs for its destination. So, would there be a cutoff for boarding like there is on real cruise ships? I would think so. That would make this very different from a hotel where there is no hard stop for check-in.

I would expect that once the final shuttle arrives with the last passengers, the first big group activity would be some type of departure party (after the muster drill), like a cruise ship. Prior to that, passengers would be settling in, unpacking, getting some food or beverage. That might also be the time for the guests to get "into character", getting their costumes, etc. The departure would be the start of more organized activities.

For the one full day, a visit to Batuu, of course. There would probably be other activities from which to choose, similar to excursions. I wonder if guests will need to sign up for excursions prior to boarding, or if that is part of the arrival day activities...

Now, checkout day would likely start earlier than 11am. For the overall effect, passengers would need to disembark via shuttles back to the port. Perhaps they would need to request a departure time, or be assigned a departure time. On that day they would also need to return the costumes. I would expect an early breakfast, then staggered departures via shuttle. It would be really cruise-like if guests had to put their suitcases outside the rooms the night before and then pick up the luggage at the port.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Continuing with the cruise thinking... There must be some point where the shuttles from the port to the ship end, and the ship departs for its destination. So, would there be a cutoff for boarding like there is on real cruise ships? I would think so. That would make this very different from a hotel where there is no hard stop for check-in.

I would expect that once the final shuttle arrives with the last passengers, the first big group activity would be some type of departure party (after the muster drill), like a cruise ship. Prior to that, passengers would be settling in, unpacking, getting some food or beverage. That might also be the time for the guests to get "into character", getting their costumes, etc. The departure would be the start of more organized activities.

For the one full day, a visit to Batuu, of course. There would probably be other activities from which to choose, similar to excursions. I wonder if guests will need to sign up for excursions prior to boarding, or if that is part of the arrival day activities...

Now, checkout day would likely start earlier than 11am. For the overall effect, passengers would need to disembark via shuttles back to the port. Perhaps they would need to request a departure time, or be assigned a departure time. On that day they would also need to return the costumes. I would expect an early breakfast, then staggered departures via shuttle. It would be really cruise-like if guests had to put their suitcases outside the rooms the night before and then pick up the luggage at the port.
When people sign up for a tour, the tour begins without them if they're late. Cruise ships depart on time (usually), especially if the late people can't be contacted.

I assume the LARP will proceed on time. People are paying big bucks per hour for it. They shouldn't lose out on 'play time' because some people are late.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

When people sign up for a tour, the tour begins without them if they're late. Cruise ships depart on time (usually), especially if the late people can't be contacted.

I assume the LARP will proceed on time. People are paying big bucks per hour for it. They shouldn't lose out on 'play time' because some people are late.
Well, in the Star Wars universe, being "on time" isn't all that critical with hyperspace travel. Latecomers can always take a warp-speed trip to catch up. They might miss part of the fun, but then again, get that special "warp 8" arrival experience.

LovePop

i still cant believe this 100+ million dollar build that costs 3/4000 for a 2 night stay doesnt have a pool

I can't wait for this thing to open! I am not interested in it myself - too expensive - but I want to see how popular the hotel will be: right after opening, and in the years to come, without a pool and stuff. Imagine it being stuffed full, Disney will make a boatload of money and help pay for the covid damage they suffered

Patcheslee

Having a pool would defeat the purpose of the hotel. The people that are going to stay there aren't going to care that it doesn't have a pool because that's not the experience they're looking for.

I suppose they could have built an indoor pool and kept it in theme, but it would have probably been a waste of money to do so -- there will likely be less than 500 people staying there daily.
I'm all for floating in a pool surrounded by alien flora and nebula projections. But at the rumored price point and limited time there, it might feel like I'm wasting $ spent in water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom