News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

nickys

Premium Member
I'm kinda surprised/concerned such a high profile project didn't have hand-picked veterans from within the parks and resorts division already lined up for this.
It’ll be a totally different ball game running this resort compared with running one of Disney’s resorts. They may well have one or two internal candidates but are probably wanting to see what other candidates can bring to the role.

flutas

It’ll be a totally different ball game running this resort compared with running one of Disney’s resorts. They may well have one or two internal candidates but are probably wanting to see what other candidates can bring to the role.

Could also be a requirement. Something like: "We know we're going to hire internal person X for this, but we are required to vet outsiders as well."

UNCgolf

Having a pool would defeat the purpose of the hotel. The people that are going to stay there aren't going to care that it doesn't have a pool because that's not the experience they're looking for.

I suppose they could have built an indoor pool and kept it in theme, but it would have probably been a waste of money to do so -- there will likely be less than 500 people staying there daily.

Last edited by a moderator:

GimpYancIent

Having a pool would defeat the purpose of the hotel. The people that are going to stay there aren't going to care that it doesn't have a pool because that's not the experience they're looking for.

I suppose they could have built an indoor pool and kept it in theme, but it would have probably been a waste of money to do so -- there will likely be less than 500 people staying there daily.
Curious, what would constitute appropriate swim wear on a space ship in a galaxy far far away? It is supposed to be a costumed affair?

UNCgolf

People want a cool Star Wars themed hotel. But still a hotel where they can actually look out the window and see the real world. They want a pool, TV's , actual beds, etc. What they do not want is to role play while when trying to get a extra pillow from the front desk.

Some people want that. Other people want this LARP experience and are willing to pay a lot of money for it -- there are a lot of people who are very excited about the announced plans. I don't believe that this is going to work long-term without regular investments to update the show, but it'll work for a few years at least.

Regardless, it's not like building this means they can't build another Star Wars themed hotel. Again, this thing is tiny. It only has room for a few hundred people at most. It was never intended to be a hotel someone could book for the week for their Disney trip; that's not the market or the goal.

Last edited:

durangojim

I wonder how many people who apply will look like this
080A8C2D-0E16-4FF6-8D63-3D939EECA321.gif

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I didn't post the job listing. Disney did. This is a hotel. I don't want to hear or read anyone call it " a cruise" again as an excuse.
So, if official Disney were to call it a cruise, just like they called the job position for a 'hotel' director, then you'll let it go? Because...

1614308870383.png

I'm kidding. I know you won't let it go because you beat these things into the ground thinking that saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over again gives them weight.

Actually, every time you post the same exact thing, it just shows how pathetic your argument is.

We see this. We know it. You're not convincing anyone.

TrojanUSC

I didn't post the job listing. Disney did. This is a hotel. I don't want to hear or read anyone call it " a cruise" again as an excuse.

Ironically, on a cruise ship the highest ranking officer on the guest-focused side of things, is the Hotel Director, who oversees everything the guests experience, eat and see on the ship, including all personnel therein.

nickys

Premium Member
People want a cool Star Wars themed hotel. But still a hotel where they can actually look out the window and see the real world. They want a pool, TV's , actual beds, etc. What they do not want is to role play while when trying to get a extra pillow from the front desk.
Many people may well do. They are not the people Disney wants to attract to the Galactic Starcruiser. Note the name they have given it by the way.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

If Walt had only listened to what people wanted we would have never gotten Disneyland. This is very unique, out of the box concept, and although it doesn't appeal to me personally I think there is an audience for it and give Disney a lot of credit for trying it.

We all understand that you don't like this concept, that is fine, so why do you continue to read a thread about it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom