News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

GimpYancIent

I could see an in-character explanation for masks (be sure to wear your respirators- we have people from multiple planetary systems onboard!), but yeah, I think the relatively close quarters will make this a post-pandemic launch.
Like the respirator idea! Ha, Ha, Issue every guest a powered positive air pressure full face mask, that will add realism to the costume! Actually I agree that this will most likely be a post-pandemic launch, that is if common sense prevails.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Interesting to me those Enterprise-D type windows on the side of the building at apparently 3 levels. I'm too lazy to see if the 'ship' has 3 decks in published plans. They plainly cannot be for viewing inside to outside. Maybe for fire code purposes?

This was discussed earlier in the thread and the consensus is that it is for fire code compliance. I believe we even found the relevant building code section with this requirement.

techgeek

Interesting to me those Enterprise-D type windows on the side of the building at apparently 3 levels. I'm too lazy to see if the 'ship' has 3 decks in published plans. They plainly cannot be for viewing inside to outside. Maybe for fire code purposes?

This was discussed earlier in the thread and the consensus is that it is for fire code compliance. I believe we even found the relevant building code section with this requirement.

Earlier discussion in the thread was around here:

UNCgolf

When it does open, I give it about 8 months before it turns into some sort of 4 hour escape room up-charge and the whole idea of overnight stays goes right out the window.

While I do think the whole 3 day 2 night experience will go out the window at some point and it'll turn into something shorter (and cheaper), 8 months seems way too short.

There aren't very many rooms. I think there are enough hardcore Star Wars fans and people just interested in a new concept in general to keep the place full or at least mostly full for years.

GimpYancIent

While I do think the whole 3 day 2 night experience will go out the window at some point and it'll turn into something shorter (and cheaper), 8 months seems way too short.

There aren't very many rooms. I think there are enough hardcore Star Wars fans and people just interested in a new concept in general to keep the place full or at least mostly full for years.
Actually, eventually, a modified one night experience is reasonable. It can be linked to on property resort packages.

Movielover

Except there are no windows.

Well... there is one...

1613312350742.png

;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom