News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

nickys

Premium Member
I also think Universal would make a killing if they did a Harry Potter version over in Islands of Adventure. Imagine that experience. You arrive and first go through Diagon Alley before boarding the train to Hogsmede, then journey to the castle and sorted in your house. then the story experience could begin. They would be stupid not to consider it.
They already thought of it. JKR killed the idea, saying the experience would never be able to live up to expectations.

Bocabear

They could totally do a Hollywood Tower Hotel wing...
Which a lot of people would pay for...
And no need for a multi day cosplay commitment...
Themed accommodations with special effects, backstage entrance into DHS... add a lounge ( Tip Top Club) overlooking Fantasmic...
a no-brainer success.

CinematicFusion

I agree with you on this.
I've got twin sons who will turn 19 on January 27th.
A few years ago, this experience would have been a huge hit for them and the family.
Now?
Maybe one of them would be into it.
So, yes - I agree that it ages out pretty quickly the way it is designed.
This hotel is gonna be a huge hit and it will be for the foreseeable future

CinematicFusion

It would be really interesting to see how they could position the resort/show building near their respected attractions. Be amazing if they could somehow connect a Haunted Mansion one to the actual front door of the façade.

I also think Universal would make a killing if they did a Harry Potter version over in Islands of Adventure. Imagine that experience. You arrive and first go through Diagon Alley before boarding the train to Hogsmede, then journey to the castle and sorted in your house. then the story experience could begin. They would be stupid not to consider it.
Universal will copy Disney and do just that if this Star Wars hotel makes a killing

MurphyJoe

Themed accommodations with special effects, backstage entrance into DHS... add a lounge ( Tip Top Club) overlooking Fantasmic...
a no-brainer success.

And think of all the money they could save with housekeeping!

Surferboy567

Yeah....I'll stand by my words.
If the Star Wars hotel crushes it. Universal will push for a Harry Potter themed hotel. Maybe Rowling nixes the idea, but Universal will try.
I'm sure a ton of eyes are on the Star Wars hotel concept.

Heck, if it's a hit... Disney might look at a Marvel style hotel concept.
Marvel rights being tied up may prevent them from doing that. Maybe they can find a loophole or something like they seem to do with certain characters.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yeah....I'll stand by my words.
If the Star Wars hotel crushes it. Universal will push for a Harry Potter themed hotel. Maybe Rowling nixes the idea, but Universal will try.
I'm sure a ton of eyes are on the Star Wars hotel concept.

Heck, if it's a hit... Disney might look at a Marvel style hotel concept.

Yeah, if they could get Rowling to go for it, a Potter version of this idea would be a huge hit.

Marvel rights being tied up may prevent them from doing that. Maybe they can find a loophole or something like they seem to do with certain characters.

Universal only holds the theme park rights so that wouldn't necessarily stop them from doing a themed hotel.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I thought they were likeness rights? I could def see this occurring at DL first for that reason.

Universal's contract gives them exclusive rights to use certain characters in theme parks. So if someone wanted to build a Marvel themed restaurant in New York that contact wouldn't come in to play since it's not being done in a theme park. In theory the same should apply to a Marvel hotel at WDW, but that would be up to the lawyers to hash out.

Robbiem

A marvel hotel would make most sense in hong kong with its marvel inspired tomorrowland and could actually be a good draw for the resort. Paris is already getting the Marvel overlay at the New York Hotel but I could see some form of marvel experience replacing the buffalo bill show at disney village.

twilight mitsuk

Universal's contract gives them exclusive rights to use certain characters in theme parks. So if someone wanted to build a Marvel themed restaurant in New York that contact wouldn't come in to play since it's not being done in a theme park. In theory the same should apply to a Marvel hotel at WDW, but that would be up to the lawyers to hash out.
Same with marvel wrappings on busses and Monorails

rreading

a no-brainer success.

And the lobby would never need cleaning! Just let the cobwebs accumulate dust!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom