News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
no hack.jpg

LastoneOn

Hmm, but how young is young to have $3K+ for just this experience on top of all WDW-related costs? And 40+ typically would have the disposable income and time for something like, on top of being raised with the movies.
I get what you're saying, but to the current under 40s, "disposable" often means "credit card not maxed out"
There are many people that will spend that money, and they're not over 40.

I don't think this hotel fails on the lack of interest or #s willing to pay, I think it fails at the execution of the idea. They've talked it up a lot, and if the experience doesn't match the hype, word will spread at hyper speed that it's a joke and not worth the money. But, I don't know financially what the break even occupancy is, so all I could go by I guess is the price. If the price comes down, we'll know its failed - at the original price. It could go on to be less expensive and a great adventure.

LastoneOn

There will definitely be a provision for a secondary emergency egress from the room. I imagine a portion of the wall panel facade surrounding the screen will have easy breakaway / pull off access to the real exterior wall and window, probably with some sort of ‘in case of emergency’ label not shown yet on the mock-up.
Might even be part of the on boarding briefing. Or explained by the bell hop as he shows you the room.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I get what you're saying, but to the current under 40s, "disposable" often means "credit card not maxed out"
There are many people that will spend that money, and they're not over 40.

I don't think this hotel fails on the lack of interest or #s willing to pay, I think it fails at the execution of the idea. They've talked it up a lot, and if the experience doesn't match the hype, ...

Same thing go be said for Galaxy's Edge. They hyped the interactivity it was going to have and a lot of that didn't happen.

matt9112

There's interactivity in GE with the land through app that requires a smart device but it's not nearly as visible as the wands.
Not only is it not visible its simply out of character as well as hogging up your phone.
Amazon can sell entire tablets for 75 bucks disney could have come out with some kind of thing to sell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom