News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

LastoneOn

I'm actually surprised they didn't do a larger hotel with less LARPing and a lower price point. If this doesn't work out, they could always scale back the storytelling, put some windows in, and just sell it as a Star Wars-themed hotel where you do "Breakfast with Chewbacca" and such. The proximity to Hollywood Studios might make the place attractive even if you can't park right there, etc.

I also wonder if this hotel is being used as a small scale test lab for certain technologies that they'd like to introduce elsewhere later on? So it doesn't matter if it the hotel itself isn't a huge hit because it's all a big Learning Experience.
The windows are there. Just hidden inside the room. Look at the pictures of the exterior.

J4546

I still with this massive hotel investment connecting directly to the park (albiet shuttle) they should have made star wars land bigger. take out muppets land and use that space and build a new star wars coaster using GotG coaster tech

Movielover

take out muppets land
1606124556711.png

;)

mdcpr

I don't think he's alone. But I'm not sure 40s is the age, I think they're aiming lower. Nothings going to ruin the thing like a bunch of 40+ oldies milling about (that's what the young-uns think these days).
Hmm, but how young is young to have $3K+ for just this experience on top of all WDW-related costs? And 40+ typically would have the disposable income and time for something like, on top of being raised with the movies.

kingdead

Hmm, but how young is young to have $3K+ for just this experience on top of all WDW-related costs? And 40+ typically would have the disposable income and time for something like, on top of being raised with the movies.
The younger audience would be Instagrammers/Youtubers, the problem being that they would expect a discounted or comped stay in exchange for publicity.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Call AOC. She'll start tweeting about gvt taking them over. Then it can be free for everyone.
Except she couldn't care less about the Uighur. She's pro China. Just like Joe. and Kamala, and the whole new gang of big business lobbyists brought on board to help old Joe get er up and running.
Aren't there enough threads in the Politics and Social Issues zone already?

JMcMahonEsq

I don't think he's alone. But I'm not sure 40s is the age, I think they're aiming lower. Nothings going to ruin the thing like a bunch of 40+ oldies milling about (that's what the young-uns think these days).
See, I am thinking that 40's is right about the target demographic for something like this. You are hopefully in the triangular sweet spot of 1) being old enough to have "grown up" with Star Wars, so you have lifelong dedicated fans who have always wanted to live the experience. You also have 2) In your forties you have your 2.5 kids already, but most likely not babies/toddlers. So you have kids who are hopefully fans of the third trilogy of movies, the cartoons, ect, and old enough to play with (spend money on) building light sabers and droids. And 3) in the 40's you are hopefully established enough in a career to have the disposable income to afford this trip AND have possibly/likely have already been to Disney. This immersive experience is likely NOT something for a family who is making this their only trip to visit WDW, and lets face it, for many families, the expense of an on property WDW trip means it is a once in a lifetime experience.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
See, I am thinking that 40's is right about the target demographic for something like this. You are hopefully in the triangular sweet spot of 1) being old enough to have "grown up" with Star Wars, so you have lifelong dedicated fans who have always wanted to live the experience. You also have 2) In your forties you have your 2.5 kids already, but most likely not babies/toddlers. So you have kids who are hopefully fans of the third trilogy of movies, the cartoons, ect, and old enough to play with (spend money on) building light sabers and droids. And 3) in the 40's you are hopefully established enough in a career to have the disposable income to afford this trip AND have possibly/likely have already been to Disney. This immersive experience is likely NOT something for a family who is making this their only trip to visit WDW, and lets face it, for many families, the expense of an on property WDW trip means it is a once in a lifetime experience.
Plus (I'm just guessing here but) at those prices, I'm sure you'll get some really cool, very exclusive, Star Wars swag to take home with you.

junglecruise93

I may be late to the party on this, so I apologize, but would code not require those windows for fire egress...which also would imply that there will have to be a way to access them from inside the room? Maybe in an era of sprinklers a second exit from the room is not required...

corran horn

I may be late to the party on this, so I apologize, but would code not require those windows for fire egress...which also would imply that there will have to be a way to access them from inside the room? Maybe in an era of sprinklers a second exit from the room is not required...
Yeah, coming from a guy who saw red EXIT signs on the Enterprise-D Bridge in Las Vegas, there's gonna have to be some suspension of disbelief.

techgeek

There will definitely be a provision for a secondary emergency egress from the room. I imagine a portion of the wall panel facade surrounding the screen will have easy breakaway / pull off access to the real exterior wall and window, probably with some sort of ‘in case of emergency’ label not shown yet on the mock-up.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There will definitely be a provision for a secondary emergency egress from the room. I imagine a portion of the wall panel facade surrounding the screen will have easy breakaway / pull off access to the real exterior wall and window, probably with some sort of ‘in case of emergency’ label not shown yet on the mock-up.
I'm sure the space portal view pulls out so I can plug an HDMI cable in to watch my Roku streamers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom