News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

raymusiccity

"officially open for general booking Sept 1, 2022, but general bookings are already being accepted by phone today."

I'll bet the quickest way for you to make a reservation for any Disney Resort would be to ask for the Galactic Starcruiser, and Bam!, you're magically connected to a Cast Member. Then, you say, 'Oh, I'm sorry, that's not what I was asking about, but, while you're at it, please make a reservation for my family at All Star Music.' ! :D

ToTBellHop

1663245385298.png

GimpYancIent

Interesting how things evolve. A quote from another site;
"Demand for the Star Wars: Galactic Star cruiser seems to have stalled, with no sold-out dates on the slate in 2023 and many dates still open for the rest of 2022. In fact, there have been enough vacancies on recent voyages that Walt Disney World hosted travel agents for a free three-day, two-night experience."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Interesting how things evolve. A quote from another site;
"Demand for the Star Wars: Galactic Star cruiser seems to have stalled, with no sold-out dates on the slate in 2023 and many dates still open for the rest of 2022. In fact, there have been enough vacancies on recent voyages that Walt Disney World hosted travel agents for a free three-day, two-night experience."
The kind of demand that had over 40 upcoming cruises sold out has certainly waned.

There are only 11 sold out cruises now. (For most of the Summer, there was a steady 30 days sold out.)

Unfortunately how unsold out an unsold out date is, is a black box to us. Just one empty room shows up as "not sold out." So, we still don't know if most of the rooms are full with a few exceptions, or only half-filled, or mostly unfilled.

Hopefully, a price drop will happen soon...

GimpYancIent

The kind of demand that had over 40 upcoming cruises sold out has certainly waned.

There are only 11 sold out cruises now. (For most of the Summer, there was a steady 30 days sold out.)

Unfortunately how unsold out an unsold out date is, is a black box to us. Just one empty room shows up as "not sold out." So, we still don't know if most of the rooms are full with a few exceptions, or only half-filled, or mostly unfilled.

Hopefully, a price drop will happen soon...
The pricing model was a complete cash grab / exploitation of the rabid fans. BC and Co are addicted to the money and reductions or restructuring of the pricing are not on their radar. If anything, BC and Co would rather stick to their guns and allow this experience to go the way of the NBA experience rather than admit any mistake.

Disstevefan1

We knew demand would wane, right?
The folks who want / pay for this is a niche within a niche within a niche.

After seeing they will shutdown Harmonious it's easy to think they would shutdown this.

They should consider changing this to themed dining, only accessible from Galays Edge, via the shuttle!
OR
Change it to DVC :)

MagicHappens1971

We knew demand would wane, right?
The folks who want / pay for this is a niche within a niche within a niche.

After seeing they will shutdown Harmonious it's easy to think they would shutdown this.

They should consider changing this to themed dining, only accessible from Galays Edge, via the shuttle!
OR
Change it to DVC :)
I think the demand waning may accelerate the need for a new story. A good amount of people in the “niche within a niche”, would do it again if the story changed. Granted some of those people have already been several times

Disstevefan1

I think the demand waning may accelerate the need for a new story. A good amount of people in the “niche within a niche”, would do it again if the story changed. Granted some of those people have already been several times
Disney will make changes to ensure they are "making enough money" to keep it going or change it or close it.
Time will tell.

Disstevefan1

If you mean changes by like cuts and what not, they really can’t lessen the experience. Every aspect of it is crucial to enjoying it
I agree, the only cut they can do is to close it completely.

I am not going to try to predict what they are going to do as what they do many times does not make sense to me.

GimpYancIent

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm ........ the Galactic Star Cruiser experience launched 1 March 2022 and it is sputtering after an initial (expected) spike. Bad pricing model combined with unimaginative, non-creative management = not good future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom