News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

OceanBlue

It is now to the point that outside of the weekend cruise (F-S, or S-M), there really aren't many sold out once September comes. Heck, there is an opening for the cruise that starts in two days!

Pretty stunning more October dates aren't sold out.
I think those dates were priced higher and it’s not really a time for travel if you have school age kids. I wish we could have gone in October for example but went in late June.

corran horn

The price is reportedly moving from the introductory rate of $99 to $399 for cruise dates beginning October 17th.

Boy, I'm glad we got it at the intro rate. The money flows on the Halcyon of course but I'm not sure I would've opted for it at that price.

Though the pics do look cool, even if I don't.

1660832698768.png

GimpYancIent

Maybe the perception of cost can be reduced by using different terminology. Generate a conversion chart where $ dollars are converted to Galactic Credits and then all financial transactions relating to the Star Cruiser experience are done in credits. If there is a question about what a credit is simply refer back to the conversion chart.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If they're still bring proprietary about bookings it can't be *that much* of a failure.
Right now completed cruise dates are outpacing upcoming sold-out cruise dates. No more three leading months of sold-out dates.

About the end of September, they will start having cruises that aren't sold out if this rate keeps up.

Tho, we won't know how "not-sold-out" they are: 99% occupancy? 85%? 50%?

corran horn

Right now completed cruise dates are outpacing upcoming sold-out cruise dates. No more three leading months of sold-out dates.

About the end of September, they will start having cruises that aren't sold out if this rate keeps up.

I wonder what its balance sheet looks like. They have to be making money hand over fist.

UNCgolf

This is in line with my expectations from the start -- that they'd have a year or two of mostly sold out dates, then need to lower the price or just offer some discounts going forward.

Of course, that depends on if they care about selling out. They could still be making money on dates that are only 50% sold. They may prefer to keep the current pricing as long as possible regardless of sell-outs.

Last edited:

DisneyJoe

This is in line with my expectations from the start -- that they'd have a year or two of mostly sold out dates, then need to lower the price or just offer some discounts going forward.

Of course, that depends on if they care about selling out. They could still be making money on dates that are only 50% sold. They may prefer to keep the current pricing as long as possible as long as possible regardless of sell-outs.
They are probably using the cruise ship model of what they consider to be fully occupied. Cruise ships are considered 100% occupied when each stateroom has 2 passengers booked in them - anything over that is extra.

Disney Analyst

Of course, that depends on if they care about selling out. They could still be making money on dates that are only 50% sold. They may prefer to keep the current pricing as long as possible regardless of sell-outs.

I'd definitely be interested in knowing what capacity is their break even point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom