News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
How do you propose getting a neutral point of view?
Picking out people randomly from the general population and sending them there?​
And if they like it, will you or others then ad hominem, too: "Well, of course they liked it, they didn't pay anything to go!!"?​
There is no population that one could choose to get "an honest review" that, if positive, couldn't be ad hominemed into proclaiming their review was tainted in some way by whatever characteristic they may have (or imagined to have).​
The worst ad hominem so far is the one you just gave which boils down to: "Well of course they liked it, they're Star Wars fans!!!" As if people who didn't care for the IP would sign up for an IP-heavy event.​

WRT to sold out rooms. The number of sold out rooms keeps increasing, albeit at a slower rate than initially. Adding three months worth of new inventory would tend to spread people out and reduce the frequency of dates that become fully booked.
Which makes saying that the experience is universally loved, misinformation. The most telling and probably honest assessment of the experience is the wide scale ridicule which has been heaped upon it. If the initial media previews were any indication, the most common takeaway is that even for average Star Wars fans the experience was overpriced for what it offered. I’m not saying it’s a bad experience, but I am sure that if I wanted to plunk down a couple thousand for the ability to experience it, I would have a much more positive outlook on the experience.

To your last point, the ability to book through the end of the year has been available for quite some time now. Most Disney trips are booked more than 3 months out. The large amount of availability should be alarming to those interested in the future of this experience. It relies heavily on sold out “cruises”. The expectation was that this experience would be continually sold out. It is not meeting that expectation.

JMcMahonEsq

The reactions are a classic illustration of confirmation bias. How can you cite a positive guest review as meaningful when there is no objectivity in that review? Guests going have a high degree of information and expectation ahead of time about what their experience will be, coupled with the thousands of dollars spent, a negative reaction is extremely unlikely. These are mostly the diehards who would pay anything to experience this.

What is telling and likely alarming for Bob and Company is the vast majority who have mocked and dismissed this creation. Looking at the future bookings, they drop off like a rock from August through the end of the year. This would strongly suggest that once they quickly cycle through the die hards, there is a major problem quickly approaching. No amount of non-objective positive reviews will change that.
Yes absolutely! Because the American consumer public, especially at the higher price points are always shy about giving negative feedback and reviews. You never see anyone talk about spending money on something and not having it live up to expectations.

We should definitely look at the keyboard warriors who are commenting out their with no personal knowledge or experience. I mean who are we to trust, the people who have actually gone to the hotel, or the people who are commenting from their parents basements?

kalel8145

Yes absolutely! Because the American consumer public, especially at the higher price points are always shy about giving negative feedback and reviews. You never see anyone talk about spending money on something and not having it live up to expectations.

We should definitely look at the keyboard warriors who are commenting out their *** with no personal knowledge or experience. I mean who are we to trust, the people who have actually gone to the hotel, or the people who are commenting from their parents basements?
Don't let it get to you my friend. There are several here that love to 💩 on anyone that shows excitement in anything Disney World does. It's not enough they are miserable and frustrated with Disney, but God forbid someone is actually looking forward to it. Just do you and have fun.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Which makes saying that the experience is universally loved, misinformation. The most telling and probably honest assessment of the experience is the wide scale ridicule which has been heaped upon it. If the initial media previews were any indication, the most common takeaway is that even for average Star Wars fans the experience was overpriced for what it offered. I’m not saying it’s a bad experience, but I am sure that if I wanted to plunk down a couple thousand for the ability to experience it, I would have a much more positive outlook on the experience.

To your last point, the ability to book through the end of the year has been available for quite some time now. Most Disney trips are booked more than 3 months out. The large amount of availability should be alarming to those interested in the future of this experience. It relies heavily on sold out “cruises”. The expectation was that this experience would be continually sold out. It is not meeting that expectation.
You're conflating those who heap ridicule with those who criticize it for being overpriced.

E.g., it's overpriced for me, but I'm not heaping ridicule on in it like Doomcork who interviews someone lying about the experience or try to drum up 'cringe-gate' because of one teaser video. Those people live in the bastement-hole of the Internet pumping out video after video of ginned-up outrage and lies fueled by nerdrage.

Then there are those who were critical because it became clearly apparent that they couldn't wrap their minds around what a MMLARP is like. "We can't stay in the pool.. duh duh duh?" Those aren't the kind of feedback anyone would want.

Also, let me call you out that you're claiming that those who *didn't* experience are in a better place to give an honest appraisal than those who did attend. Really?

If you want honest appraisals, look to those invited as media who weren't big Star Wars fans. Or who didn't really understand what it was until they experienced. Almost all of them wound up very positive. But, then, of course, you have people claiming "Because it was free for them, and they don't want to make Disney angry and lose out on such events!"

The other source of honest appraisals come from spouses who wouldn't have gone if not for their spouse. They paid the money to make their spouse happy. And almost all of them in the end enjoyed it.

As far as the rate of full bookings is slowing down... that could be just a function of the price, and Disney is running out of whales. If so, that could easily be fixed by slowly discounting the price finding a new cohort's price point.

But so far, full bookings have mostly been in place for the upcoming next three months... that's been steady. Long term bookings have always been relatively not-booked-up.

And yes, that's a sign that it isn't crazily popular. But always having the next three months fully book isn't a sign that nobody likes it, either and it's failing.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Here's what I just don't understand.

I am completely against the Splash Mountain re-skin to PatF. Splash is my 3rd favorite ride on property (behind RotR and ToT), and I think it could be just about perfect if it was kept up with. Tiana deserves a place in the parks (if for no other reason than the selfish one that she is my daughter's favorite princess), but let's ADD her, not REPURPOSE an amazing attraction for her. Plus, I have no faith that the redone version will be better or even equal to Splash.

But you know what I don't do? I do not hang out on that thread mocking everyone who is excited by it. Who has time for that?

Edited to fix a typo.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Don't let it get to you my friend. There are several here that love to 💩 on anyone that shows excitement in anything Disney World does. It's not enough they are miserable and frustrated with Disney, but God forbid someone is actually looking forward to it. Just do you and have fun.
It’s odd you’ve been here 14 years and only in the last few months actively started to defend the company - and more intriguingly attempt to put down anyone who dare speak against it.

kalel8145

It’s odd you’ve been here 14 years and only in the last few months actively started to defend the company - and more intriguingly attempt to put down anyone who dare speak against it.
I don't care if anyone speaks against it. It's dumping on others that that get excited about it that bothers me. As far as only now just getting active, the tone of this board has totally changed from when I joined as well as some of the members. Just speaking my side of it if you must know detective.
By all means, complain away. Dump on it. Rag on me if you want. Call me a shill. I couldn't care less.

corran horn

Got a confirmation call yesterday (we ship out in a few weeks) with request for questions and such. Was very pleasant.

As we are staying in Boardwalk prior to our cruise our checkout can be moved to noon. There's no longer direct bus transport to GS from the Springs (we were going to go there and change before the checkout news) but Boardwalk will call a cab and we'll get a payment voucher at GS.

My son is 11 and doesn't have his own phone yet (a point of contention continuously) but they said they may have loaner devices there. We will probably just bring an ipad. They advised everyone in the party should have their own play disney login for maximum enjoyment.

TalkingHead

There are negative reviews online, including some mixed reviews cited in this very thread. But to hear some of you tell it, this thing is 10/10, five stars, A+++ according to every reviewer who’s been. Do you hear how crazy you all sound?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There are negative reviews online, including some mixed reviews cited in this very thread. But to hear some of you tell it, this thing is 10/10, five stars, A+++ according to every reviewer who’s been. Do you hear how crazy you all sound?
Could you link to someone saying all the reviews are not only good, but exceptionally good?

WDWJoeG

Attachments

• 06162013-1ED2-4962-9718-FC5B74CC6DFC.jpeg
    06162013-1ED2-4962-9718-FC5B74CC6DFC.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 84

SplashJacket

See, at this price point, you shouldn't be able to hate it. It shouldn't be terrible no matter your background, interests, or abilities.

From what we've seen and heard, the Starcruiser is a fantastic experience.

The main disappointment should be mostly confined to the price or perceived value, but whether something is too expensive is extraordinarily individualized.

Flying in an Emirates Suite is exorbitantly expensive, but definitely a great experience. As someone who always flies economy, the price is crazy, but that doesn't make it entirely wretched, because there are some people who can afford it and assign great value to the experience.

Fighting about the price to evaluate the experience is worthless as the value of money itself varies drastically between people.

The majority of people walk away from the Starcruiser with a positive attitude towards the experience, that's what matters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom