News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

jinx8402

Even more so than a cruise, this is very much one of those scenarios where the only time you'll be in your room is to eat, sleep, or grab a bathing suit before heading to the pool.

The experience is so short that hanging out in the room really isn't going to happen for most people.
Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I loved Universal Orlando's tweet, but I feel like it's only for the true theme park fans who follow the news. Casual observers are probably like "huh??"

SWGalaxys_Edge

It does look pretty cramped for the price point. They apparently took the concept of "cruise ship" literally. 😳

The bathroom in particular is underwhelming. A $179 per night Hampton Inn has a bigger bathroom.
..so stay there and stop complaining about the Starcruiser. Betting you aren't even going.

flynnibus

Premium Member
If they’re looking to trade jabs Disney could post a picture of what a real steam engine looks like comempared to the plastic looking, pulling into station backwards, hogwarts express cable car.

The trains up on blocks because they take can't build around the train tracks for the last what.. 3+ years? Yeah, Uni would love that softball pitch to them :)

And trains go backwards all the time :)

Casper Gutman

If they’re looking to trade jabs Disney could post a picture of what a real steam engine looks like comempared to the plastic looking, pulling into station backwards, hogwarts express cable car.
Really? The Hogwarts Express looks great. You’re going to compare it to the absurdity of the moving truck Disney is bundling high rollers into? I mean you coulda jabbed at F&F or Fallon but… Hogwarts?

Comcast is certainly no more compassionate or empathetic then Disney. But stuff like these tweets and the recent earnings call make it seem like they actually think owning theme parks is a pretty good idea. Which is refreshing.

TP2000

..so stay there and stop complaining about the Starcruiser. Betting you aren't even going.

Gawd, no. I'm far too old for this nonsense. And since it doesn't have Darth Vader or R2D2 or Han Solo, why would I bother? I've got a well earned reservation for the Rancho Mirage Ritz-Carlton this April, thank you.

But after they work through the paid YouTube foamer shills in February previews, and the few thousand LARP'ers in March, they're going to be dealing with a different clientele. A group of people who often doesn't even bother looking at travel websites when they make their reservations, because they have a secretary or assistant or concierge to do that for them.

That's when this is going to get really good! And also why April through this summer are now wide open on reservations.

Sir_Cliff

If Disney weren't so unrelentingly pompous and self-serious (while simultaneously having no actual respect for any of the elements that made them culturally significant), it wouldn't be funny. But they are, so it is.
I get and agree with much of this critique of Disney, but I actually think the snark is tipping over into making Universal look a little like the person who sits back and picks and laughs at other people but only gets away with it because most people are too polite to do the same to them. Uni gets a lot of slack for poor theming we don't excuse from Disney.

This, to me, is a little like taking a picture of the show building of Haunted Mansion and sarcastically laughing about what great theming Disney has as though they don't have just as un-themed show buildings for their attractions.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I get and agree with much of this critique of Disney, but I actually think the snark is tipping over into making Universal look a little like the person who sits back and picks and laughs at other people but only gets away with it because most people are too polite to do the same to them. Uni gets a lot of slack for poor theming we don't excuse from Disney.

This, to me, is a little like taking a picture of the show building of Haunted Mansion and sarcastically laughing about what great theming Disney has as though they don't have just as un-themed show buildings for their attractions.
Well, they are called Universal STUDIOS, are they not? Sets the expectation for large, unthemed, sound stage-like buildings.

It's not like WDW's components are called Magic Kingdom Studios, or Epcot Studios, or even Animal Kingdom Studios...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom