News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

GimpYancIent

Cancelling normally doesn't mean much, but for the maiden voyage, nobody's ever cancelled before. It's the hottest thing, and you basically have to be some Disney big shot (D33, Golden Oak, big name vlogger) to be able to get it. I'm really surprised anybody would give it up no matter what.
Yes. The maiden voyage will only happen once. There will be others but the first experience, that inaugural event where everything is new will only happen once. A cancellation for the maiden voyage will definitely stand out.

drizgirl

Yes. The maiden voyage will only happen once. There will be others but the first experience, that inaugural event where everything is new will only happen once. A cancellation for the maiden voyage will definitely stand out.
Honestly, if you're smart and know that you'll want to do this at some point, you really need to do it early. Disney always cuts things and downgrades the experience over time. I would expect that here as well.

MagicHappens1971

Indeed. It'll wind up being a regular hotel in 2-3 years I'm sure.
It’ll probably follow along what some have theorized. They’ll sell these obscene overpriced “cruises” for a year or so, bring in the $$$$$, then IF sales fall, the already sparse entertainment will get stripped away, lightsaber training will be an “enchanting extra$$$”, etc. only time will tell. This “experience” could be popular enough for years to come

pdude81

So non-sarcastic question. Is there anyplace on the internet (besides the vloggers) where there is actually excitement about this place? I know we're all a bunch of negative nellies here but I can't seem to find anyone whose really excited for this thing.
I'm excited about it, and I'm sure there are many others. But it's only 100 rooms per two days, and at that price point there aren't going to be a ton of people excited about something they have no intention of paying for. There is more negative energy on this in forums and will be until March. Only then will we really know how cool or not the experience will be.

TDLFan

Screenshot_20211203-094805_Chrome.jpg

Incomudro

So non-sarcastic question. Is there anyplace on the internet (besides the vloggers) where there is actually excitement about this place? I know we're all a bunch of negative nellies here but I can't seem to find anyone whose really excited for this thing.
I'm of the belief that there was excitement, but that the images and footage that Disney has leaked has dampened it.

durangojim

I'm of the belief that there was excitement, but that the images and footage that Disney has leaked has dampened it.
I agree 1000% on this. Even looking at non-Disney SW boards, the sentiment is pretty much the same. High expectations and a lot of disappointment with what has been shown with some hope that what actually occurs is better than the vids show.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Does the approach and entrance look like a spaceport? It would be part of the experience to give the impression of approaching and entering a spaceport. The facade design and, yes, a prop or two would do it as well as screening off the earthly building.
Actually, it looks more like a coffin-shaped mausoleum.

Beacon Joe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom